Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 4:04 PM Last edited by xglass : 19th Jan 2019 at 4:46 PM.
CC not showing up anywhere
I have been trying to find a solution to this for about a week and nothing I've tried works.

No Custom Content (.package and script mods alike) shows up in my game. I read in other threads that a pop up before or after the initial loading screen asks permission for CC; this does not show up either.

The location of my mods is Local Disk C: - Program Files (x86) - Origin Games - The Sims 4 - Mods. I have removed all subfolders.

I have allowed all permissions for CC on Origin and the game itself. I have reloaded and ended the game without a Mods folder and no Mods folder is automatically regenerated.

Please help, this is incredibly frustrating. Thank you.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 4:22 PM Last edited by chicvibe : 20th Jan 2019 at 5:28 PM.
oh. that is why. Mods folder should NOT be in your Program files!! Take them out now!!!

When you start up the game, your Electronic Arts folder will be in your DOCUMENTS Folder.

Then your mods will show up.
Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4> Mods

editing for an fyi:

I don't really play other games, but I do know with Sims games and a fresh install, you have to run the game once to generate all the folders you need. With custom music, once you play the stations, the different radio station folders will start to show up and you can add music to them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
oh. that is why. Mods folder should NOT be in your Program files!! Take them out now!!!

When you start up the game, your Electronic Arts folder will be in your DOCUMENTS Folder.

Then your mods will show up.
Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4> Mods

I have no Sims 4 folder there, only SWTOR (separate mmo).

should a folder have generated there during install? I recently updated the game and there still is nothing there.

EDIT: Never mind there IS a folder in there. Thank you so much! I'm glad to know this was just a dumb mistake on my part haha.