Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 6:16 PM
Default White curtains turn purple - new update?
Hi! Since the updated lighting every white curtain in my game turns purple once I've placed it. Now, I do have some mods that affect lighting but I tried removing them and the problem remains. Anyone else having this problem?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vermin
Hi! Since the updated lighting every white curtain in my game turns purple once I've placed it. Now, I do have some mods that affect lighting but I tried removing them and the problem remains. Anyone else having this problem?

Can you post a pic? My spooky stuff curtain is doing something like that, not sure it's the same thing as yours. Looks kinda "extra" white when placed at certain angles, but maybe it's the lighting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 3:14 PM
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 8:37 PM
Did you try starting a new game after you removed the lighting mod?
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 9:45 PM
It's from the lighting update. Nothing to do with lighting mods. A workaround I found on the official forums is to place the curtain first and then place the window. I had to do this in all of the houses in my game. Tedious. You might have to fiddle with the curtain placement using ALT and/or MOO, so be aware it might not work right the first time, every time - but, it definitely fixed the purple curtains for me.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 3:08 AM
Yup, that's what mine look like too. Thanks for the workaround Aparkison, will have to try it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 10:45 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'll try the tedious process tonight