Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 11:37 AM
what cant you find?

sorry not about much anymore
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:46 AM
i carnt find the package that i downloaded from here
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#53 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 9:26 PM
Did you extract it from the rar file?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 11:02 AM
horsiegal? where did you save it to? you have to have saved it somewhere ... and like jaxad said ... did you extract it from the RAR?

Test Subject
#55 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 7:39 AM
Where can i download SimPE ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 10:10 AM
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/

Test Subject
#57 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 7:56 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 15th Sep 2006 at 8:25 AM. Reason: edited to combine posts
Every time I download the career for beginners at the bottom its corrupted.
Why is this happening to me???
PLZ HELP!!!

OK I figured out i was clicking on my old one SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIECE!!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 9:16 PM
Can someone help me? My sims are always late for work in my custom career, I go to work when the carpool arrives, but when the car disapears, it pops up an window saying "your sims are late for work don't make this a routine.

Please help me! Send me a PM.

I'm going to stop modding the sims 2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 12:31 PM
sorry ... no idea on that one!!! i think superflys the person you need on this one!

Field Researcher
#62 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 1:35 PM
Thanks anyways. I've sent him a PM (and I'm hoping he reads it).

Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 11:38 AM
Hi,

Excellent tutorial, really appreciated! THANK YOU!!!!

I have one quick question... How hard is it to modify the template and tutorial to create teen and elder careers?

Thanks,

Curvalicious
Test Subject
#64 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 3:41 PM
Default help!!!!!!!
ok soo i just finished my first career and well to be honest im kinda proud that i did it lol but one question how the H3!! to i get it in the game i added it to my downloads folder but nothing ahhh someone plz help
Field Researcher
#65 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 8:31 AM
It should appear, keep looking for the job. If you have many careers it will be harder to find yours.

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 7:16 PM
Default Schedule Question.
Hello. I wanted to thank you for the tutorial , but I have a question. How would I go about changing the days that my sim works. I'm not too fond of the schedule that my "base" career has set up for him, and wanted to select the days. Thank you.

Biggest wishes for TS3:
Wider variety of harvestables and crops from TS1 & TS2 returning to the game
Wider variety of foods
More gems/metals/rocks/ore
Field Researcher
#67 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 9:44 PM
And I would like to know how to change the type of car that comes to get my sims.

Test Subject
#68 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 4:21 PM
and how to change the career name lol...
Test Subject
#69 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 11:04 AM
This tutorial is... Not so good. The pictures are blurry--- Maybe add more pictures, since i don't know anything of it. Is this correct what i'm doing (look below picture)???
Field Researcher
#70 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 12:35 PM
male 1 title - is the first level of your career and so on
male 1 descreption - is the description of the career level

Test Subject
#71 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pdrs
And I would like to know how to change the type of car that comes to get my sims.

To change the carpool, go to Behaviour Constant, and click on Behaviour Constant: Vehicles GUIDs (Instance=0x0000100C). There you will find a list of alphanumeric characters like this:

*Okay, how do you add images to a reply? The picture's under vehicle.gif by the way*

Let's pretend you want your Level 1 carpool to be Hatchback. Its GUID is 0x0C85AE14. You then split the GUID into 2 equal halves, i.e. 0x0C85 and 0xAE14.

In the plugin view of Vehicles GUIDs, ignore Line 0x1. Lines 0x2 and 0x3 will be the Level 1 carpool, and lines 0x04 and 0x05 will be the Level 2 carpool etc. Each level will take up 2 lines.

Place the 2nd half of the GUID of the vehicle, 0xAE14 into line 0x2, and place the 1st half of the GUID, 0x0C85 into line 0x3. The Level 1 carpool will be now Hatchback!

Do the same for all levels. Basically, place the 2nd half of the GUID in the 1st line, while the 1st half in the 2nd line.

I really cannot remember who uploaded this file, so thanks whoever you are . It basically contains all the vehicle GUIDs and career outfits GUIDs inside.

Quote: Originally posted by ~Iris~
How would I go about changing the days that my sim works.

To change your Sims' working days, go to Behaviour Constant, and click on Behaviour Constant: Tuning - Work Day Flags (Instance = 0x0000101A). Ignore line 0x0, and change the values from line 0x1 onwards (each line represents each level of your career).

Make use of this values (thanks Psion!):

Monday 01
Tuesday 02
Wednesday 04
Thursday 08
Friday 16
Saturday 32
Sunday 64

E.g. For your level 1 career, you want your Sims to work from Monday to Friday. So you add up 01 + 02 + 04 + 08 + 16 = 31. Enter 31 in line 0x1 under Decimal box. Do the same for all levels, adding up the different days as you go.

I hope I have helped .
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  career_guids.rar (900 Bytes, 181 downloads)
Field Researcher
#72 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 3:29 PM
What I wanted to know is what is the guid for each car?
e.g.: hummer - 0x78456

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vangaza
To change your Sims' working days, go to Behaviour Constant, and click on Behaviour Constant: Tuning - Work Day Flags (Instance = 0x0000101A). Ignore line 0x0, and change the values from line 0x1 onwards (each line represents each level of your career).

Make use of this values (thanks Psion!):

Monday 01
Tuesday 02
Wednesday 04
Thursday 08
Friday 16
Saturday 32
Sunday 64

E.g. For your level 1 career, you want your Sims to work from Monday to Friday. So you add up 01 + 02 + 04 + 08 + 16 = 31. Enter 31 in line 0x1 under Decimal box. Do the same for all levels, adding up the different days as you go.

I hope I have helped .

You're awesome, thank you .

Biggest wishes for TS3:
Wider variety of harvestables and crops from TS1 & TS2 returning to the game
Wider variety of foods
More gems/metals/rocks/ore
Test Subject
#74 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pdrs
What I wanted to know is what is the guid for each car?
e.g.: hummer - 0x78456

Oh, that's already in the Career_GUIDs rar file I uploaded in my reply above :D.

Quote: Originally posted by ~Iris~
You're awesome, thank you .

No problem
Field Researcher
#75 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 9:21 PM
Thanks for helping.

Page 3 of 17