Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Single Built-in Closet UPDATED WITH RECOLORS

by Marmy Posted 17th Sep 2006 at 2:42 AM - Updated 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:15 PM by Marmy : Footprint fixed and recolors added

121 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 118 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 11:02 PM
wonderful object, great idea and much needed.
Thanks for sharing your hard work with us.
Field Researcher
#52 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 11:10 PM
I can't believe nobody's ever thought of this before! Well done, and thanks a BUNCH for sharing!

Lilaviel: the avid downloader

"Life Drawing: An Excuse to See Naked People"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ariapaige211
Marmy, the closet won't show up in my game and i'm not quite sure why. you said to link offsite to the mesh. does that mean the mesh is not included in this package? i'm really excited about this closet, so please let me know how i can get it to show up.

thanks,
paige

Nope, Paige, you should be able to use it without downloading anything extra. I'm working on the not showing up thing....do you have OFB?
Test Subject
#54 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 1:00 AM
Something not quite right
First off can I just say thank you for taking the time to create these closets, they're exactly what I was looking for today when I decided to recreate my home as a sim residence.

...and not wanting to detract from the general warm fuzzy feeling I do have a little problem with this single door closet, if I can explain:
because of the 2x2 space requirement of the I cant place this small closet in a 1x1 square recess or against a wall. Is there any chance of a quick fix? - or is it just me?
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 1:23 AM
this is so kool=] but maybe if the door was a more normal height...it would be AWESOME!!!

Blondest Brunette ever...
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EagleC
because of the 2x2 space requirement of the I cant place this small closet in a 1x1 square recess or against a wall.

I have the exact same problem. It's not just you.
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EagleC
because of the 2x2 space requirement of the I cant place this small closet in a 1x1 square recess or against a wall. Is there any chance of a quick fix? - or is it just me?

It's also doing this in my game!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 2:06 AM
I should have put this in my notes at the beginning. You have to use the "move_objects on" cheat to be able to put it where you want it. Sorry, I play with that cheat ALL the time and I forget that sometimes people don't. It was cloned from a 2 tile dresser so that I could get the animations right. I'll mess with it a bit more and see if I can't get it down to one tile, but in the meantime you can Control+shift+C and enter move_objects on to place it. To take off the cheat, just use move_objects off and the object stays where it is, and sims can still use it, but it turns off the cheat for the placement of other objects.
Test Subject
#59 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 2:09 AM
i needed this because i made my house!
thanks so much!!
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marmy
Nope, Paige, you should be able to use it without downloading anything extra. I'm working on the not showing up thing....do you have OFB?

no, i just have uni. thanks for looking into it.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 2:40 AM
Default This is GREAT!!
How did I miss the double closet. Boy this will make my lots so realistic. Thanks, and will be downloading the double closet next. Congrats to being featured.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:16 AM
Thanks, I like your closets very much
Field Researcher
#63 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 12:47 PM
This looks good in the game but it would be better if we could build a wall both sides, one side is bare with no wall and you can see the clothes, it also looks like one tile but actually takes up two. other then that it is good.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Test Subject
#64 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marmy
I should have put this in my notes at the beginning. You have to use the "move_objects on" cheat to be able to put it where you want it. Sorry, I play with that cheat ALL the time and I forget that sometimes people don't. It was cloned from a 2 tile dresser so that I could get the animations right. I'll mess with it a bit more and see if I can't get it down to one tile, but in the meantime you can Control+shift+C and enter move_objects on to place it. To take off the cheat, just use move_objects off and the object stays where it is, and sims can still use it, but it turns off the cheat for the placement of other objects.

Excellent! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 7:03 PM
Hi Marmy! *waves*

YAY MARMY!!!!!! Thank you for sharing this I love it!!!!

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 7:09 PM
Great idea but it doesn't show up in my game either. I have uni & nl but not ofb & no expansion packs. The 2-door closet shows up fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nicvncnt
Great idea but it doesn't show up in my game either. I have uni & nl but not ofb & no expansion packs. The 2-door closet shows up fine.

With the help of Numenor, I think I can fix it so it shows in your games if you don't have OFB. It's really weird, however, that it doesn't show as it is just a slightly modified mesh from my 2 door closet. (used the same mesh, cloned the same object, except I made it one door instead of 2)

But keep checking back as I'll upload the fixed file asap.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilsweetiecori
Hi Marmy! *waves*

YAY MARMY!!!!!! Thank you for sharing this I love it!!!!

You're too cute, Cori!! Thanks for the post! (btw....LUV your avatar...drool)
Field Researcher
#69 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 12:51 AM
i love it
i always thought the game needed this
thanx
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 3:52 PM
Brillant idea. Many thanks. :D

"To break free"
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 1:55 AM
Thank you very much for this
Field Researcher
#72 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 3:50 AM
Very useful. Thanks!
Instructor
#73 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 9:18 AM
Oh, I was wondering why it wasn't showing in my game, probably because I don't have OFB, but the two-tile one does show up and works fine!
They're really nice, thank you!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#74 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 1:39 AM
This is simply brilliant! Thank you so very much!
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 5:53 AM
This is going to come in handy for those small homes. What a great idea and you did a excellent job. Thank You
Page 3 of 5