Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#7651 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
In looking at the XML file and comparing to the Carl's Guide, I don't think Carl has the right numbers.
Base chance = 1%
Use a telescope =14%
Each Space rock =15%
Maximum Space Rock bonus = 60% (15% x 4 space rocks)
Already an alien baby =10%

Should be a 75% chance of abduction if you used the telescope and found 4 space rocks, and 1/3 chance of getting pregnant, or 25%.

Next time would be 85% chance of abduction and again 1/3 chance = 28%

Can't find where the 1/3 chance of getting pregnant comes from, seems about right.

So, to happen twice .25 * .28 = 7% Just got lucky I guess.

The saga continues. There's something off with these numbers. New world, new family, new everything. Not a space rock on the perimeter, not a telescope in sight. Nightly abductions.

I think the game just... decided I need more green in my diet or something.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#7652 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 6:22 PM
@Birgitte Heuschkel - can totally happen. My vampire Sim gets kidnapped like thrice a week now, aliens love pro- studying him apparently. At least he hasn't gotten pregnant, unlike some less lucky Sims I've had.

My sim kissed her romantic interest and learned that he's unemployed. I don't really understand how you can find that out from kissing, maybe I've been doing it wrong all along

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#7653 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 6:38 PM
If you can find out that someone is a great kisser by talking to them, you can find out that someone is unemployed by kissing them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#7654 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
@Birgitte Heuschkel - can totally happen. My vampire Sim gets kidnapped like thrice a week now, aliens love pro- studying him apparently. At least he hasn't gotten pregnant, unlike some less lucky Sims I've had.

Isn't it that occult sims can never get alien pregnant? I had a witch myself and no matter how many times he got abducted, he never got pregnant.
Alchemist
#7655 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fulishagirl
Isn't it that occult sims can never get alien pregnant? I had a witch myself and no matter how many times he got abducted, he never got pregnant.

I think so, can't remember an occult ever getting pregnant. If anything, that'd make the aliens even more eager to study them, since there won't be any babies to take care of later

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#7656 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 11:24 AM
Without game mods, you can't make hybrids. So a vampire is never going to get pregnant with an alien, indeed.
Test Subject
#7657 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:58 AM Last edited by Firestarr2015 : 16th May 2017 at 1:23 AM.
I was playing in a household with 3 kids. One of the toddlers passed out in the toilet. Then another one glitched into the wall while playing in the toy box.
Then in another game my sim sunk through the floor while using the chess board.
When I hit randomize for a sim's name it said oihoih iohoih.
Today I aged up my toddler into a child with CAS. When I exited he was still in the toddler position. He then picked his nose. It got even weirder when the cat stretched as he stared at his finger.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#7658 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Firestarr2015
When I hit randomize for a sim's name it said ohohoh ohohoh.

I would seriously consider keeping that sim around and maybe even playing her. Now that's personality!

When you know it's time to hire a babysitter:

Instructor
#7659 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 2:31 PM
Seems like Starlight Shores terraint is made of quicksands.

This one looks like he took the news pretty well.

Oh, wait. So walking in the concrete is ok, but walking through it is not?
Test Subject
#7660 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:29 PM

Got a custom bed. It's a little bit glitched. Just a little.

I thought someone else using it would fix that but no.
Bonus:

Just a mother tending to her baby, nothing odd here.
Instructor
#7661 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 7:19 AM
@JustCallMeRose
He just one who likes to hog all the blankets! His poor wife.

---

On an another note, I went from "Aww cute".

To "What? No. Put that cat down".

And then "Oh god! Please, please, slowly move away from that cat."
Site Helper
#7662 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 1:19 PM
I got a notification that one of my sim's Best Friends was going to die of old age soon and it was time to pay him a visit. He's in Egypt. She's not ready to go back to Egypt yet, so she invited him as a foreign visitor. Later that day she got the notification that he had died. Oh well, it was worth a try...

Then she got a notice that her foreign visitor would be arriving soon, and some preparations might be in order. What, like buying the cemetery?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#7663 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 8:46 PM
A while ago I made Anna and Elsa to plop down in saves as townies. Well, in this save they're both elders now. Anna married a Swedish dude, and Elsa married a woman called Ellen (Elsa and Ellen, haha). Well, one of the sims in my household is Wu Xio, who left her home country little time ago to marry her husband and still feels very much an outsider.

Wu decides to ignore her Loner tendencies and introduce herself to Ellen. Apparently, the introduction was too charming, as Elsa interrupted them to cast a fire blast on Wu. At least she had the decency to put her out afterwards, but I'm not sure poor Wu is feeling too welcome!

Mad Poster
#7664 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 6:35 PM
I don't know what's going on at university, but there seems to be times where Sims go to lectures and they're starving and having to go to the bathroom--badly. Typically someone will just take a leak on the floor and all the other Sims drop what they're doing to stare at them.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#7665 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I don't know what's going on at university, but there seems to be times where Sims go to lectures and they're starving and having to go to the bathroom--badly. Typically someone will just take a leak on the floor and all the other Sims drop what they're doing to stare at them.

I mean, to be fair, if somebody peed themselves in the middle of a lecture, I'd be staring, too.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Theorist
#7666 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:07 PM
I finally put snow cone makers outside of every classroom building, and all-in-one bathrooms nearby. Boy do those things get used a lot!

Started a game in Appaloosa Plains to test some new mods. Neighbors came by to say hello and stayed to swim in my sims' pool. They didn't mind that so much, but when one of them decided to go in the house and swim in the hallway they decided it was time for everyone to leave.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#7667 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady_Chaos
I mean, to be fair, if somebody peed themselves in the middle of a lecture, I'd be staring, too.

One Sim, yeah. But almost the entire class? LOL

Dormies are kind of stupid like that. They don't take care of their needs, then they stand in front of a lecture hall and gripe that they're starving.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#7668 Old 15th May 2017 at 9:38 PM
I just had a teenage fairy get abducted by aliens in the middle of the night.

Then a cop showed up because apparently getting abducted by aliens counts as breaking curfew. I dunno how he thinks he's going to drag her home from the alien spaceship she's currently a kidnap victim on, but it looks like he intends to try!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#7669 Old 16th May 2017 at 1:30 AM Last edited by Firestarr2015 : 24th May 2017 at 1:54 AM.
[QUOTE=sweetdevil]I would seriously consider keeping that sim around and maybe even playing her. Now that's personality!

I took your advice and moved her into Sunset Valley. She is now an architect who wants to be famous and the center of attention. This should be interesting.

Also, this happened.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#7670 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:31 PM
My sim went into someone's house to ask to be invited inside

Test Subject
#7671 Old 28th May 2017 at 9:41 PM Last edited by Firestarr2015 : 2nd Jun 2017 at 9:13 PM.
I was looking through my screenshots and I found these.
I also had a fairy toddler that always played with the man in the dollhouse. She would bite it, bang it on the floor, and try to pull its head off. When she aged up she got the man and the woman and made them fight. She wouldn't do anything else with them.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7672 Old 29th May 2017 at 10:13 PM
I just saw a sim get out of the shower, go to her bedroom, and lie down on top of the blankets, still naked, to take a nap. In the middle of winter. It's snowing outside.

Well, when you catch pneumonia and die, don't say I didn't warn ya!

jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#7673 Old 31st May 2017 at 3:46 PM
So, I played a family and when I played again, I coudn't control any of them anymore. They didn't turn up in the sims preview and one was gone completely, the other one was trapped in front of the easel and didn't move, nor did he die after standing there for three days. I then made another family, and tried to visit the first one with my new sim, but to no avail. The sim stiill stood in front of the easel, not moving. The weird thing is that his wife is my new sims boss, but whenever I want to call her, I get the 'call again later' message, and I can't invite her over.
The new family has some weird shit going on too: I let her adopt a cat, and the social worker got stuck in a spot and didn't move anywhere. He moved when the husband aged up and watched him, only to be stuck in the new spot again. When I finallly had enough and called it a day, I quit the game and saved, and it crashed.
Alchemist
#7674 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by schwarzdrossel
So, I played a family and when I played again, I coudn't control any of them anymore. They didn't turn up in the sims preview and one was gone completely, the other one was trapped in front of the easel and didn't move, nor did he die after standing there for three days. I then made another family, and tried to visit the first one with my new sim, but to no avail. The sim stiill stood in front of the easel, not moving. The weird thing is that his wife is my new sims boss, but whenever I want to call her, I get the 'call again later' message, and I can't invite her over.
The new family has some weird shit going on too: I let her adopt a cat, and the social worker got stuck in a spot and didn't move anywhere. He moved when the husband aged up and watched him, only to be stuck in the new spot again. When I finallly had enough and called it a day, I quit the game and saved, and it crashed.

I do believe you have a haunted town on your hands. You know, the ghosts in Ambitions would be genuinely scary if they did this instead of just floating around and yelling at my Ghost Hunter for asking about their age.

Meanwhile, I'm still scratching my head over the fact that any spouse of any of my sims' ends up having the hots for their father-in-law. I have to actively prevent them from flirting and this generation's wife has a better relationship with her future father-in-law than with her boyfriend WHY is everyone so attracted to the men?? Even the straight men will flirt with their fathers-in-law!

Scholar
#7675 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 9:50 PM
A cop sim of mine got a work opportunity to improve community relations by getting out and about and meeting 3 new sims. She's been too busy dealing with housework and her young family to get started on it yet, so the counter has been at 0/3 for a while. Then I glanced at it just now and it suddenly read 1/3. I was baffled, couldn't figure out who she possibly could have met since I last looked at.

Then it hit me. Her wife literally just gave birth to their third child.

Knowing her newborn infant (who she actually has yet to see for herself because she was fast asleep for the birth!) counts as meeting a member of the community! Gotta love that sims logic!

jus nou drein jus daun
Page 307 of 321