Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:37 AM
HELP with shoulder joint adjustment/rotate and dark spots on the mesh
Today I bring two problems with me tonight. I made the whole process of copying joints from a reference mesh with S3 mesh tools, and every time I finish the mesh and rotate the shoulders/top arms they look strange as in the picture... (before and after images) and as soon as I do this I also get these small dark spots under every clothing... so, can you help me??? how I can to fix it? thank you in advance!
before

after
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:13 PM
Those black spots are from broken normals. You may have to mark the dress and choose "vertex ---> align normals" from the top menu (this can occasionally make other issues, such as removing smoothing groups/putting everything into one smoothing group, but most of the time it tends to work - DON'T do this on the bodymesh, or you'll ruin the smoothing on it). And check that you don't have "autosmooth" ticked in the "groups" tab). If the mesh has smoothing groups (different smoothing on areas that touch) you can smoth part by part (I've so far never managed to get the smoothing groups to work properly in Milkshape...)

You should also make sure the bones have proper names before you start moving them around. The names of the bones are different between the games, and I seem to remember you have to rename one of them to make converting work (but I may be wrong). Also check that the comments are fixed before you start moving the mesh around.

You may also want to use local rotating with arms, because the joints will occasionally cause some weird issues when using global rotating. Mainly for poses, though.