Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 4:34 PM
Maya 8.5 for meshing.
Is it possible to use that program for mesh work or can only 7 support that waveformat (.obj) that 7, wings, blender, and milkshape all can support and of course what Sim PE exports in. Cause theres no where to find 7 nor can I find a tutorial on here for anything but 7 and that looks like a great way to make objects. If no can some one tell me the best program to use form control and stuff I use Wings but I wanna know if theres any better out there. Thanks

-DuffDog-

-I AM taking BASIC requests.-
-Just PM to see if I might be able to do it.-
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 2:44 AM
Any version of Maya will support the .obj format.

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 2:53 AM
the free verison online wont open these files its says invalid file type I use the free at home version is there a plugin I need?

-DuffDog-

Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 5:29 AM
The "free at home version" is called Maya PLE, it is a demo program, and you cannot get anything to save out of it in any way I know of to use the result pretty much anywhere.

You can, with some help from other programs, get Sims2 meshes and animations into PLE, you can play the animations, and it works pretty nicely.

But I would not expect the people that made the program to provide a free saving version anytime soon, because the full, working version costs $2,000 to $6,995.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 8:30 AM
lol thats why Bit Torrent Is very popular these days

-DuffDog-