Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 3:44 PM Last edited by superennaedwyn : 23rd Jun 2015 at 7:30 PM.
SimPE/ S3PE for Mac?
I'd love to get back to creating custom content in Sims 4 but I have a Mac (as to when I had a PC and was able to make content then) and I'm curious to know, if anyone knows the answer to this, will there be an update for SimPE/ S3PE for Mac? If this has already been address, just direct me to the thread that talks about it. Thanks much and happy simming!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 8:50 PM
Moving to Create > Tools. Note that S3PE is a TS3 tool .. you probably meant s4pe.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 4:06 AM
S4pe isn't being aggressively supported at this time in the first place - and there are no plans I've heard of to port it to Mac. You might be able to run it and other tools under Mono or a Windows emulator.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 8:50 PM
Appreciate the info/input/reply
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 6:02 PM
Okay, I'm still happily playing TS2, but if this helps you...

On the current Yosemite 10.10.4, I run a basic Windows XP installation on a virtual disk in Parallels Desktop. The only reason for doing this is to occasionally run SimPE and it works just great, making up in part for the lack of an Intel Mac BodyShop. But you should be aware that SimPE isn't so much a creative tool as an editing one. In use, I found it best to edit packages out of the game folders, then transfer them back when finished; using it directly on the game folders caused a few problems. Otherwise, you can edit just about any package WITH CAUTION. Make sure everything's backed up in Time Machine!