Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 10:24 AM Last edited by Tiinii : 14th Dec 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
Inge made overrides for the greenhouse roof pieces that allow you to place them over floor tiles and make them invisible:
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1492.0

This makes the greenhouse a proper interior, though it does leave the problem of not being able to plant inside.
But with planters or move objects, you're good to go.

She also made a rug tile that makes the floor tiles beneath it invisible.
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1468.0

By the way, that override somehow does not work for me. I downloaded the greenhouse very recently, replaced one or two of the glass roofs while the override was already in the Mods folder, laid floors beforehand - but they were not cut away. Could it be that the greenhouse has been fixed somehow during the last days by EA? I heard some rumour in this direction ...

Edit: Never mind, I figure I've just been plain stupid. Last night I suddenly thought, Have I actually unzipped the roof override at all before putting it in the Mods folder ...??? I guess I didn't Oh well, it's a new computer, am still a bit confused obviously ...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiinii
By the way, that override somehow does not work for me. I downloaded the greenhouse very recently, replaced one or two of the glass roofs while the override was already in the Mods folder, laid floors beforehand - but they were not cut away. Could it be that the greenhouse has been fixed somehow during the last days by EA? I heard some rumour in this direction ...

It's been working fine for me...maybe you should post your issue on Inge's forum.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 12:04 AM
Haha, looks like EA used Inge's solution with the overrides on the roof pieces. Now they have updated the Stone Throw Greenhouse that works the same way. Put down tiles over the roof and the sculpture pieces with make the tiles invisible. Now those that don't use mods will have the same function.

Have to uninstall the original lot and reinstall the new one. Dang.

Forgot to add the link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/623591.page

SimGuruKelly comment on dormant plants here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...91.page#9935869

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 11:23 AM
From the BBS:
Quote:
It also looks terrible from town view mode. You don't see the glass roof ornaments in town view. Just the flat roof which isn't invisible in form that view.
Can anyone confirm?
Mad Poster
#30 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 3:52 PM
I'm using the fixed version and you can't see the roof ornaments in town view:

Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 9:46 PM
Yikes! That's totally ugly! Thanks Orilon.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 10:10 PM
You're welcome. I am glad that they fixed it so that rain snow doesn't get in, but yeah it doesn't look that great in town view.
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Oops, right I forgot about the "plot" thing from TS2. The problem is if the room is considered to be "outside" that means it isn't weather proof, meaning plants will go dormant in winter. Or maybe I didn't understand what you said. This is giving me a headache lol. All I want are windows and roof pieces that would allow sunlight in, regulate the temperature as if it's "inside" but be able to plant stuff as if they were "outside" while keeping them from going dormant as if they were shielded from the weather.

Maybe just removing the stupid restrictions for plants would solve the problem. Just flag the plants as being able to be planted inside as long as they were planted on the ground without any sort of flooring.

Reading this and the part about the planter and plot, what about a custom planter that looks like a standard plot of land? I don't know how better to explain it? Erm... Taking one of the planters and change the shape and texture so that it looks like a square plot of land. Putting them inside would allow people to plant indoors and all year round too. With the exception of trees of course, unless there was a way to change this?
Test Subject
#34 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 8:07 PM
Default My observations since the "fixed" content...
I deleted the Stones Throw Greenhouse pack and re-downloaded the "fixed" one.

By building four walls, then putting ceiling tiles on, then the greenhouse pieces, it does indeed make the ceiling tiles vanish.

Problems remain. Plants that were under the growing stations (which are now inside the greenhouse) before putting the walls and roof on will stay dormant, but not have the dormant condition display when you hover over them.

Plants planted new elsewhere (outside, they won't let you plant them in the greenhouse since it is "inside") and moveobjects on moved inside the greenhouse will grow and mature just fine.

Using buydebug on to select a plant type, you cannot place it inside the greenhouse (it is inside) but with moveobjects on enabled, you can place them, and they will grow and mature just fine.

But this will be a pain the behind when they inevitabley die. All vineyard plants in the game invariably die and have to be removed and replanted. But inside the greenhouse you cannot order your Sim gardener to plant, because he will know it is..... tada.... INSIDE.

Hopefully someone good with TSR Workshop will load these pieces up and change them from decor to roofing at least, so we don't have to mess with ceiling tiles, but EA is going to have to change the base Sims 3 engine to make greenhouse parts look to plants like outside but to snow and rain like inside, or change plants to allow them to grown in the ground under a greenhouse and not care that they are inside.

And the Sims themselves, including pets, will have to be handled differently so that they play by the same rules as the plants. Right now, my dog won't pee inside the greenhouse because he got scolded for being a piggy and pee-ing on the floor so now he always goes ..... wait for it.... OUTSIDE. Which is not the greenhouse. But should be.

I mean, as long as they have light, water, fertilizer, are tended, and are planted in dirt, why should they care? Real plants don't care. If EA is concerned we will plant them on floor tile in houses, just make them require dirt. If someone figures out how to get dirt inside their house, more power to them.

I have been a programmer for over 20 years, and if I wrote programs like the Stones Throw Greenhouse works, I'd get fired.
Page 2 of 2