Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 11:42 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 6th Jun 2017 at 8:51 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default My seasons are messed up
I've been playing my legacy for a while now, currently on my third generation and I've noticed a problem with my season. I'll get trick or treaters all year round and in the winter when my sim is ill there is no option on the hospital to get a flu job, same in allergy season. I've tried to delete all the cache files as well as boot my game up without mods, as my game is fairly modded (pain with you have story progression). I sent my current sim to China to see if when she returned the seasons would be re-set and they have not. I'm kinda reluctant to move her to a whole new city as this is a really big legacy I have going on and I want to see how her family progresses.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as my game won't let me send kids to school when they are ill (Mod?) but I have no chance to get rid of the illness.

Thanks
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:47 PM
I've had that problem in the past and used NRaas Tempest to adjust the each of the seasons holidays. If you are using Tempest or would like to give it a try, for more detail and interactions See This Page.
Theorist
#4 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I really want the function in GoHere mod to disable water travel.
I think that's coming, I know the taxiboat thing was being worked on. Maybe one of the NRaas team could tell you more.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I've had that problem in the past and used NRaas Tempest to adjust the each of the seasons holidays. If you are using Tempest or would like to give it a try, for more detail and interactions See This Page.

Thanks, I'm not currently using that mod, only story progression and careers. I might give it a try
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 12:03 AM
I've tried to correct @Nitromon by PM, but I guess either he isn't going to back down on this or I haven't waited long enough for him to get to his Inbox.

GoHere isn't supposed to add a sim-specific NRaas menu for anything. Its options are on City Hall/computer. All of the NRaas mods that add a menu to sims, lots, walls, etc. have a way to suppress that menu, including both MC and SP, specifically so that things like tomb wall exploring become possible again but also to accommodate players who just don't want to see the menus.
Site Helper
#8 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 12:06 AM
That's Master Controller that puts a wall menu in tombs. There is an option for Menu Visibility which you can use to hide the menu while you are exploring tombs.

Edit: Hi igazor!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 3:59 AM Last edited by igazor : 6th Jun 2017 at 4:15 AM.
@Nitromon - Aha. GoHere's four custom commands are not an NRaas menu, they are context-sensitive commands directly on the sim or the landscape/ground when a sim is active. Guess that sounds pedantic, but no wonder I couldn't figure out what you were talking about. "Go Here And..." for example is what I would call a command with options (never use it myself so I just ignore it, though). My menus are as cluttered as my life is, I'll be the first one to admit it, and I like them that way. No, there is no way to extract one option out of GoHere unless you would like to reverse engineer the mod -- they have all been Open Sourced since Twallan's retirement. And yes, it is our plan to be as testy and obnoxious as possible because somehow that will help players' games run better. Do we really deserve these analogies?

The rest of your concerns or a request for optional deactivation of certain commands/features in a future release would be better addressed in a conversation at NRaas.

@Squishzilla - Sorry to have taken your thread so far off-topic. I'm afraid that Tempest, a great mod in its own right, doesn't necessarily solve seasonal misalignment once that starts happening. Many players with and without mods, including me, experience this; others never do. I get sims drawing wishes to go ice skating in the middle of summer because "surely the pond must be frozen over by now" (I'm going to let them try it one of these blisteringly hot days too), and Trick or Treaters year round. I've disallowed Trick or Treat in Retuner every way possible, disallowed Spooky Day entirely in Tempest, and those helped a little, but they still show up sometimes. Other players report that they never see Trick or Treaters ever, even when it is the right season and kids live nearby, and they really want them.

The Seasons EP flu/allergies I never had to cope with because I run NRaas Vector with its own diseases that kind of replace those, so am afraid I don't know what the solution is there either. Can you not just zap the germy moodlets away with testingcheats or MasterController Cheat's Remove Moodlet command or are these afflictions more complicated than that?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#11 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 8:51 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 4:16 PM
@Squishzilla - Sorry to have taken your thread so far off-topic. I'm afraid that Tempest, a great mod in its own right, doesn't necessarily solve seasonal misalignment once that starts happening. Many players with and without mods, including me, experience this; others never do. I get sims drawing wishes to go ice skating in the middle of summer because "surely the pond must be frozen over by now" (I'm going to let them try it one of these blisteringly hot days too), and Trick or Treaters year round. I've disallowed Trick or Treat in Retuner every way possible, disallowed Spooky Day entirely in Tempest, and those helped a little, but they still show up sometimes. Other players report that they never see Trick or Treaters ever, even when it is the right season and kids live nearby, and they really want them.

The Seasons EP flu/allergies I never had to cope with because I run NRaas Vector with its own diseases that kind of replace those, so am afraid I don't know what the solution is there either. Can you not just zap the germy moodlets away with testingcheats or MasterController Cheat's Remove Moodlet command or are these afflictions more complicated than that?[/QUOTE]

Thats ok mods can be confusing sometimes and you never know where to look for help!
I find it frustrating, it kinda throws my game off and my sims feel more like zombies going with the flow rather than "people" with the messed up season (if that makes sense)
I haven't installed MC yet, I'm eyeing up my option with that one as I run on a laptop and while it can handle the mods I use already. I'll end up blowing my laptop up if I put loads of big ones in!
I can testingchetas it away, but it feels to cheaty but probably my only option till I make a sim cut ties and more to a whole new town!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squishzilla
Thats ok mods can be confusing sometimes and you never know where to look for help!
I find it frustrating, it kinda throws my game off and my sims feel more like zombies going with the flow rather than "people" with the messed up season (if that makes sense)
I haven't installed MC yet, I'm eyeing up my option with that one as I run on a laptop and while it can handle the mods I use already. I'll end up blowing my laptop up if I put loads of big ones in!
I can testingchetas it away, but it feels to cheaty but probably my only option till I make a sim cut ties and more to a whole new town!

Well yes, it is "cheating" in a sense using either method. That's why they are called testingCHEATSenabled and the MC CHEATS module, respectively. But in this case, either way, it's cheating to remove an effect that never should have been there in the first place and return things to "normal" for that time of year, or as close as we can get to something like that.

For future reference perhaps, MC and its modules are complex but they don't really add much overhead to the game. They load up their various command menus on sims, lots, computers, and City Hall then sit back doing nothing, waiting until the player someday chooses to run a command. Nothing at all like StoryProgression, that's the one that is a heavy hitter. And I can't imagine not being able to run a MC > Reset Everything from City Hall every few sim weeks or so, that command fixes all kinds of ills.

The only definitive way I've heard claimed to stop rampant Trick or Treating once and for all is to make sure there are no pumpkins on the home lot, not growing in the ground, in inventories, the fridge, or out for decoration. That sounded promising, my sims are always making pumpkin pies, but it seems that others have since discounted this theory.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Yeah, I'm terrible at describing these things. But so there's no misunderstanding, I'm not complaining about these mods. I'm an avid NRAAS mod user and a fan. I'm acknowledging that they do a lot of things and people download them b/c they "want" all those things. I'm just saying for some who may only want 1 small function in a mod, is it possible to disable these other functions and how much performance would those extra things affect the game if left in the game? GoHere mod is a powerful mod that provides many different functions, people who wants those functions want those context commands.

GoHere is an injection mod, it replaces the world's routing system with an arguably more resilient and reliable one. Many players find that it's one of the mods that provides a net gain in game performance, not a drag on it. The other routing related things it adds like the four custom commands, options under City Hall that some but not all players want or use like its day care options, the extensive door locking features in the beta testing version, aren't meant to add to the mod's overhead at all just by their mere presence. Again, think of MasterController and DebugEnabler. They add a million or so optional commands but the impact they have on the game merely by being loaded up is too small to even try to measure on any reasonably healthy system.

I will add though that the current beta testing version of GoHere kills off skating of any kind -- players' games are locking up and crashing whenever a sim anywhere in the world tries to skate. That's a bug, not a performance issue, and is being worked on. I've disallowed autonomous roller and ice skating by way of Retuner in my own game until this gets fixed because I value the other things the mod does more.

Tempest isn't known for being a drag on performance either. It replaces this weather pattern with that weather pattern or this holiday schedule with that one. I suppose one could use it in a way to get into trouble such as by instructing it to produce severe and very complicated overlapping sets of weather that change every three seconds, that would not be good, but that would also be a pretty extreme use of the mod. And I really don't think it's going to have any impact on rampant Trick or Treating anyway, which is what brought it to the table for discussion in the first place.

We can't actually give each of the mods a score on positive vs. negative impact as that will vary for each player and possibly each ongoing game anyway. But we know that if we could SP would have the highest such score by far, those like MC and DE (Animator, Sleep Freedom, Careers, etc.) that don't actually do anything on their own or only perform one function at loadup then stop, would be zero, and those like OW, ET, Selector, RelationshipPanel, GoHere, Traffic, and Register would have a negative score because they fix and improve much more than they push their own operations (for the most part and for most users of them). Many of the others, we have to say, are just "somewhere in between" and "your mileage may vary." I would have no idea how to score some of them like Traveler because it would depend on how the player intends to use them.

The mods are "modular" and removable, much more so than Awesome for all of its own strengths can ever be, no argument there, but we will never have a way to provide a total one option at a time, pick the individual features you want, type of experience for them. We'd probably have to split them up more and offer hundreds of mods instead of 39 (plus add-on modules) otherwise and that would become far too messy to manage and maintain. There's always going to have be a balance between flexibility and manageability like that. But I still think your suggestion, however it gets expressed, to merely hide certain individual menu commands that the player just doesn't need to see because they are never going to use them, is not a horrible one. It just needs to be put in the right place, for the right people to read and react to.
Site Helper
#16 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:09 PM
@nitromon
I cannot give exact specifics on what effect all the NRAAS mods have on game performance because I've never really bothered to measure it. But I was trying to diagnose a refusal to save problem that I was having, and when I ran a test game with no mods at all the only real difference was that loading times were a bit shorter, and I didn't have as many occasional freezes just around an "x:00" time. And I have almost all of the NRAAS mods, including the Cheats module and Story Progression with all the personalities. I even have Debug Enabler, although all I use it for is to identify seeds. (The Mod updater downloaded it for me and I was going to get rid of it until a seed had an NRAAS option which I poked at to see what it wanted to do. ) I also have a fairly weak computer.

So yes, burying your game in NRAAS mods does provide a bit of a performance hit. But it's not terribly extreme, and might not even be noticeable on a more powerful computer like a gaming rig.

Edit: igazor says there are 39 mods. I have 30 of them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook