Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:05 AM Last edited by AngieMFAK77 : 23rd Jul 2017 at 5:24 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Horse Breeding + Now Dogs (Is this a bug?)
I'm having trouble breeding foals. Two breeds of the same type always produce a mixed offspring. How do I get them to breed the same pedigree as them. i.e Irish Draught?
Is my game bugged? Whenever the horse gets preggo, she gives birth and I check with the Pet Adoption Tab to see what breed the foal is and it's always MIXED.

Edit*
I have now tried the same thing with dogs and get the exact same thing; 2 pedigrees create a mutt. Whatsmore, if I use CAS to create pedigree pets (Unedited breeds as EA made them) And then try to place them in my game, they lose the pedigree too and become mutts/mixed.
This is driving me crazy because I have no idea how to breed pure-bred animals now and can only conclude that the system is broken or I have some of CC installed that is breaking the breeding system.
I adopted 2 pedigree dogs of the same type from the shelter (Took ages til 2 spawned) and bred them = mutt puppies.
I used Master Controller to impregnate the dog with herself = Mutt puppy.
WHAT is HAPPENING??

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 5:25 PM
IS there a patch anywhere? Or an option in the game to register the animals for breeding as pedigrees or something?

Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:13 AM
As far as I know it's the same with horses, dogs and cats. There is simply no pedigree breeding possible - it's up to your imagination. And no thread I found ever had a solution for this, sorry. Can you change the breed of the puppies with MC?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
As far as I know it's the same with horses, dogs and cats. There is simply no pedigree breeding possible - it's up to your imagination. And no thread I found ever had a solution for this, sorry. Can you change the breed of the puppies with MC?

Thanks Norn.
I was trying to find a solution too but just keep seeing the same confused forum posts. I will check that out with MC. Thanks for the suggestion :D