Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:51 AM
Default Military School=You're never seen again
So I created a family when I first played the game, and they got sent to "military school." So I waited... and waited.... and waited... and waited.
They never came back.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:54 AM
I think being sent to military school is the Sims 1 version to the Sims 2 social worker. Fairly sure it's to do with bad school grades and I don't think they will come back.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 2:13 PM
They don't. If they get Fs they get sent to military school and, because they never grow up, are never seen again.

On the other hand, if they are starved, neglected, filthy, etc., nobody notices. Only babies are in danger from the social worker.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 4:27 PM
Kind of makes you wonder what kind of state SimNation is, doesn't it? Obviously not a democracy, if Sims can basically be abducted by the government just like that, but the state couldn't care less about their citizens' standard of living!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:33 PM
I inherited my first family from my son. The little boy kept going into the pool in the morning because it was the only fun thing around the property. He missed the bus and went away. I cried. And then I remembered to exit the game without saving, so....

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 10:59 PM
Sweet exit without saving. That saved my bacon numerous times. Sims 2 kids are a doodle in the park after looking after Sims 1 kids.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sweet exit without saving. That saved my bacon numerous times. Sims 2 kids are a doodle in the park after looking after Sims 1 kids.

No kidding- and I'd put the cause of that all on the addition of WEEKENDS for TS2... so much easier for a character to recover from a slump when they have a few days off, as opposed to having to go to school Every. Single. Day. Now my Sim's kids only get taken away when it's integral to some story I'm working on!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 12:13 AM
I never had any mods or cc for sims 1 as I didn't know it existed, I didn't even know cheats existed! I played it the hard way. With sims 2 my kids have a summer holiday mod and I can put out the simlogical school sign if they need a sick day. I still have a lot of fond memories of sims 1, but sims 2 blows it away.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I never had any mods or cc for sims 1 as I didn't know it existed, I didn't even know cheats existed! I played it the hard way. With sims 2 my kids have a summer holiday mod and I can put out the simlogical school sign if they need a sick day. I still have a lot of fond memories of sims 1, but sims 2 blows it away.

I'm off-topic, I know, sorry! How do you see TS2 as blowing TS1 away though? If you're talking in terms of execution, obviously the newer game wins! If you're talking in terms of the IDEAS behind the game though, I think TS1 blows 2 AND 3 out of the water! If only TS1 were made again today... sigh...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 2:17 AM
Just that after I put on Sims 2 when it first came out I was quickly hooked and never went back to TS1 and uninstalled it. It was a shame really as I tried to put it back on last year and only the base game deluxe would install, none of the other EP's. I guess it was just the look and how it played. I can pretty much do anything I want in sims 2 with mods. The whole having babies from birth to old age, play a farm or a business empire. .

Some of the details from sims 1 were better and there was a lot more things, and the music of course, the music was the best. I saw someone compare the snow man making, how in sims 1 a parent would lift the child up to place on a carrot nose, they took that detail away in sims 2 and it was just a joint effort and in Sims 3 I don't think they even get that. When Sims 3 came out I was curious, I play it sometimes, but would never uninstall Sims 2 for that. It was fairly well known that players left sims 1 in droves for Sims 2, but with Sims 3 people either didn't or they came back. (not all of course) Now with Sims 4 there is a lot of skepticism.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:34 PM
Sometimes, my kids would skip school and let their grades suffer. If they had A's, they could afford a day off. They'd quickly bring their grade point average back after a day or two in school. The kids in my medieval neighborhood never went to school, so they studied daily to keep their grades up. It usually didn't take the whole school day, so they'd have time left over for play, bath, and some gardening.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.