Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 3:29 PM
So this is a new engine? I'm curious now to really see the game in action.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 3:45 PM
A whole new engine (one that was primarily built to be an MMO) sounds like a huge red flag for any potential custom content. Especially if (let's face it, WHEN) they decide to add back in some of these MMO options, how will custom content be integrated between the different players?

This could get pretty sticky.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 7:55 PM
Sims 4 is using the Frostbite Engine -not the Glassbox. It was first being done on Glassbox until the Sim City uprising - and that was the first change they made - That info about the Frostbite Engine was released by Simsvip at Gamescom interview. It was also confirmed at the E3 that the Engine is Frostbite with Smart Sim Technology.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#54 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 8:02 PM
Which version?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#55 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 1:21 AM
"The Sims 4 is not built on Frostbite, Glass Box, or any other previously known engine. It’s a completely new engine that was built specifically for The Sims 4. We haven’t given it a name.

"Smart Sim" was how we were referring to the new tech driving the behavior of the Sims, not the engine itself." --Graham Nardone, Tweets: one, two and three.
Instructor
#56 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 3:50 AM
Yeah, and is it just me, or was there never any real explanation of what Smart Sim actually entails? I feel like they just kind of threw it out there as a buzzword and never elaborated.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
Yeah, and is it just me, or was there never any real explanation of what Smart Sim actually entails? I feel like they just kind of threw it out there as a buzzword and never elaborated.

Now Sims will be like Einstein.
Page 3 of 3