Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrVintage
dont worry guys - they'll give us a patch!

a mighty big patch...

Yust wonder, how much they would want to charge for it.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 2:24 AM
70% complete...proccesing shit...98.5% complete...error...stopping...shit not processed.

Click "Buy" to pre-order unprocessed shit.
Theorist
#28 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
"...owning a football fishtank to put a child in."

For fucks sake. Bite me EA. Just bite me.

Reading through the first few posts I was beginning to think we were all just going to ignore this. I headdesked so hard I have myself a bruise. Their problem is they need people working for the development team who's IQ is actually /above/ the level for mental retardation
Field Researcher
#29 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 5:30 AM
I feel bad for EA's workers that they have to do a lot of hard things in THIS deadline. I think that it's odd when they say "No delay needed" when only 70% of the game is complete. They really do need to delay it to like 6 months and start working on those pools, driveways, stores and cars.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 5:40 AM
You've gotta remember many people believe due to industry and marketing strains that The Sims 2 came out only about half done, and yet everyone loved it, probably because it had a good base and content, and was easily moddable and patched. 70% means they're already past the base and content of TS4 and if they can win us over with that, the people here at MTS might even treasure it as much as TS2, so long as they can fix the problems with nifty hacks. I'm cool with where we're at now.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 4:08 PM
Well, I do suppose that the only way to see if the unfinished/scrapped aspects of the game will actually hurt gameplay is ... well ... y'know ... actually SHOWING gameplay and letting a couple of people outside the industry give it a go.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 2:19 AM
New Info. Apparently Gamesmaster interviewed the developers "months ago" and the 70% are the state of development from back then. A bit misleading...

http://simsvip.com/2014/06/23/the-s...ets/#more-37992
Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 11:15 AM
Scares me that 98.5% of the game is completed. We lack so much content...
Scholar
#34 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 2:45 PM
Maybe the game was only 70% complete because they hadn't added glitches, bugs, and errors yet.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:08 PM
When I read it, I actually thought we were worse.
This magazine is supposed to be relased in August. I thought they adjusted the percentage to estimate the progress at that time.
Which means, I thought we were going to be at 70% in August...

But, as that SimGuru stated, is pretty misleading trying to quantify the progress of a game (or any project) using percentage...

Crocs with socks
Alchemist
#36 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meia_Power
But, as that SimGuru stated, is pretty misleading trying to quantify the progress of a game (or any project) using percentage...

The SimGurus themselves are misleading.
Page 2 of 2