Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:22 PM
Default Petition to Bring Pools Back to TS4
Hello! Greetings and disappointments.

I was trolling The Sims' twitter for E3 news when I stumbled across a petition detailing the lack of pools we've seen in TS4 gameplay videos. According to the description, even Graham hasn't said anything on the subject. So it's worth a shot right? The worst Eaxis can do is not listen and not take our money.

Sign the petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/max...ols-to-thesims4

Reactions?

--Sapphire

Someday, I want to work for EA so I can give The Sims franchise the jump-start kick in the ass it deserves.
Advertisement
#2 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 9:15 PM
I'm seriously wondering if i should troll change.org to see if someone would start a petition ot ban broken nails.

I mean seriously do people just petition ANYTHING they get pissed about these days?

for cripes sakes it's not even CONFIRMED they are or not yet.

I mean the Justin Bieber thing was a lil outrageous but petition the goverment over a GAME?!?!?!

god i hope i'm somehow an alien.....
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 9:41 PM
Why the fuck do we need a petition for such a basic feature?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 9:42 PM
Probably, because it won't be basic anymore.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 10:49 PM
I hate pools: sims and plumbots are always swimming like there is no tomorrow! Get out of that pool!!
But it's not right to not include the possibility to build one in ts4.
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 11:41 PM
Maybe they will include it in expansions..

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 12:04 AM
petition for NASA to ban the andromeda galaxy from eventually clashing with our galaxy and causing havoc.

Eminence Grise
#8 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 1:38 AM
I gotta say, I like pools as much as the next simmer but aside from tradition, I don't see why they are MORE of a "base game" feature than anything else. I would bet a lot that if pools aren't in at release (which afaik is not yet confirmed), they'll be added sooner or later.

Personally I would put weather or laundry in the base game before I would put in pools, since it impacts basic gameplay for EVERY sim to a much larger degree.

Or hot tubs for that matter. TS2 had them in the basegame; they were in an EP in TS3. Personally I will take a hot tub over a pool any day (in fact I HAVE a hot tub but not a pool IRL), but not that big a deal either way since MOST sims won't have either.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 2:06 AM
My Sims spent money on that privacy fence and, by golly, they need every excuse to walk around the backyard naked as they can get.

Swimming naked.
Hottub-ing naked.
Pondering "What's This?" naked.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 2:46 AM
Does anyone here really imagine, in their wildest dreams, that pools (which have been standard in every single base game since The Sims) won't be present in The Sims 4? They managed all the new and improved build features and yet somehow swimming pools slipped their minds? Am I the only one that thinks this is all highly improbable?

This hysterical nonsense is really getting old. There's 80+ days til release. We are certain to get more information as we get closer. I don't see why we can't sit and watch what happens like we have, I don't know, every other time a video game comes out. A petition to have someone confirm pools - good God.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Probably, because it won't be basic anymore.

Yeah, that's what I meant. We had them in TS1, TS2 and TS3's basic game. Why wouldn't it be basic anymore? Another attempt to milk money out of us? (*cough* Generations *cough*)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 3:50 PM Last edited by SapphireSparx : 12th Jun 2014 at 6:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
I believe that this is the word we are looking for.

Okay, maybe instead of trolling, patrolling? Tracking? Stalking?
I wanna be at E3 as much as anyone, so I think the last one is more proper.

To be completely honest, I have not signed the petition. I posted it here to see reactions, because yes, I believe pools should be basic. And though launch day is less than 80 days away, I still question the lack of pools we've seen in their gameplay videos. Who knows?

ETA: If anyone's the troll it's EA

--Sapphire

Someday, I want to work for EA so I can give The Sims franchise the jump-start kick in the ass it deserves.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 4:26 PM
If EAxis is seriously not going to have pools in the base game, then it's obvious they've lost their minds.

And you know, I don't really like buying stuff from insane people.
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 8:54 AM
I doubt that they're not going to add pools.
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 6:29 PM
My guess is that we will know if we are getting pools when they know they will work properly with the new building system. If they had just taken them out of the game by choice, they would have said so by this point.

I'm more interested in the non-answer to the question of swimming in the ocean.

A: There is no ocean in Willow Creek.

This makes me wonder if there will be a second world included with the game, or available for download on day one, the way Riverview was for Sims 3. And if so, will there be ocean swimming in that world.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 8:24 PM
This doesn't make a lot of sense, though. They never confirmed that there will be NO pools at all, they just didn't mention it.
Alchemist
#17 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cleos
This doesn't make a lot of sense, though. They never confirmed that there will be NO pools at all, they just didn't mention it.

If they really want to sell the game, there's absolutely no reason why they can't comment on questions regarding swimming pools.

Unless swimming pools aren't in the base game. Or FUBAR.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
If they really want to sell the game, there's absolutely no reason why they can't comment on questions regarding swimming pools.

Unless swimming pools aren't in the base game. Or FUBAR.

Of course there's a reason. They're still working on whether they can add it or not, and so they don't want to promise anything, so they just say 'no comment.'
Alchemist
#19 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LlamaBama
Of course there's a reason. They're still working on whether they can add it or not, and so they don't want to promise anything, so they just say 'no comment.'

If they want to sell this game, they need to give potential customers something to look forward to. Saying "we're still working on it" is better than "no comment." It gives the community hope that the developers actually give a fuck and are not trying to screw customers over by deliberately leaving content out of the base game to sell as DLC.

Do these developers have such little faith in themselves that they don't think they can finish working on a swimming pool tool before the game's release?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:02 PM
If they want to sell this game, they need to give potential customers something to look forward to. Saying "we're still working on it" is better than "no comment." It gives the community hope that the developers actually give a fuck and are not trying to screw customers over by deliberately leaving content out of the base game to sell as DLC.

Do these developers have such little faith in themselves that they don't think they can finish working on a swimming pool tool before the game's release?

It gives the communities hope that the pools will be in the game, and then if there's problems and they can't add pools, everyone's going to be disappointed and will complain. It's best to say 'no comment' and focus on everything else: because that's not the only aspect of the game, and people will buy this game as long as they don't focus on one damn thing.
If they were leaving it out deliberately, they'd just say 'we're not adding it this time.' The same as how they say there's loading screens. They know people will be disappointed, but they still say it full-out. The fact that they're not saying ANYTHING is a sign something's going on and they're unsure.
Alchemist
#21 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:12 PM
It gives the communities hope that the pools will be in the game, and then if there's problems and they can't add pools, everyone's going to be disappointed and will complain. It's best to say 'no comment' and focus on everything else: because that's not the only aspect of the game, and people will buy this game as long as they don't focus on one damn thing.
If they were leaving it out deliberately, they'd just say 'we're not adding it this time.' The same as how they say there's loading screens. They know people will be disappointed, but they still say it full-out. The fact that they're not saying ANYTHING is a sign something's going on and they're unsure.

I find it amusing that you think EA is above breaking promises. And what do you mean "focus on everything else"? So far, they have focused mostly on CAS. Every time they do a live broadcast and "announce" the game, they show us clips of CAS as if that's all the game is about. By now they ought to be showing us MORE gameplay videos --- swimming pools, pregnancies, babies, cars, etc.

Radio silence on swimming pools is very ominous because swimming pools have been a part of the Sims franchise since the very first base game. If these supposedly talented, hardworking developers are having so much trouble including swimming pools in the base game, it raises questions about the rest of the game.

What are they doing wrong that's making it near impossible to have swimming pools and car door animations?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:37 PM
I find it amusing that you think EA is above breaking promises. And what do you mean "focus on everything else"? So far, they have focused mostly on CAS. Every time they do a live broadcast and "announce" the game, they show us clips of CAS as if that's all the game is about. By now they ought to be showing us MORE gameplay videos --- swimming pools, pregnancies, babies, cars, etc.

Radio silence on swimming pools is very ominous because swimming pools have been a part of the Sims franchise since the very first base game. If these supposedly talented, hardworking developers are having so much trouble including swimming pools in the base game, it raises questions about the rest of the game.

What are they doing wrong that's making it near impossible to have swimming pools and car door animations?

They've focused on CAS, build mode, and overall gameplay without getting into specifics. While I don't love EA and plan to buy the game AFTER it comes out, IF the reviews say it's alright, lots of people on this site are overdramatizing how bad the situation is. Do you know what I think is happening? They're further back in development than they should be, and they don't want to admit it. EA might end up forcing them to release the game at the projected release date, but I don't think that they have the game completely done and are purposely withholding this information.
"~Evil CEOs at EA~" =/= the developers of the Sims. You're insulting the wrong people here by complaining about how they're "Supposedly talented, hardworking" people. Your anger is misplaced. It's like getting angry at a cashier instead of the CEOs of the store.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jesusismyairbag
petition for NASA to ban the andromeda galaxy from eventually clashing with our galaxy and causing havoc.

The animation alone made ROTFL!
Alchemist
#24 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:41 PM
They've focused on CAS, build mode, and overall gameplay without getting into specifics. While I don't love EA and plan to buy the game AFTER it comes out, IF the reviews say it's alright, lots of people on this site are overdramatizing how bad the situation is. Do you know what I think is happening? They're further back in development than they should be, and they don't want to admit it. EA might end up forcing them to release the game at the projected release date, but I don't think that they have the game completely done and are purposely withholding this information.
"~Evil CEOs at EA~" =/= the developers of the Sims. You're insulting the wrong people here by complaining about how they're "Supposedly talented, hardworking" people. Your anger is misplaced. It's like getting angry at a cashier instead of the CEOs of the store.

If they can't comment on trivial matters such as the existence of swimming pools and car door animations, something is definitely not right with the development process of the game. Why would marketing prevent them from commenting on a feature that would likely raise the interest of potential customers who have been worried that it may have been taken out?

So far, their evasive responses lead me to believe that:

A) EA is deliberately stripping the base game of content for higher DLC sales
B) The Sims 4 team lacks the skill and dedication to make a decent Sims game
C) The engine they're working with is not fit for a Sims game
D) All of the above
Field Researcher
#25 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:44 PM Last edited by leefish : 27th Jun 2014 at 7:02 AM. Reason: Dont change peoples words like that
If they can't comment on trivial matters such as the existence of swimming pools and car door animations, something is definitely not right with the development process of the game. Why would marketing prevent them from commenting on a feature that would likely raise the interest of potential customers who have been worried that it may have been taken out?

So far, their evasive responses lead me to believe that:

A) EA is deliberately stripping the base game of content for higher DLC sales
B) The Sims 4 team lacks the skill and dedication to make a decent Sims game
C) The engine they're working with is not fit for a Sims game
D) All of the above

Fixed!!
Page 1 of 2