Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 7:02 AM
Default Deleting Custom Foods - What Tokens do I Need to Remove?
So a bunch of custom foods are cluttering up my game. Since what makes custom foods unsafe to just delete from the Downloads folder are the various memories and tokens they can be linked to, I decided to try and see if I could make something to facilitate their removal. I'm creating an object interaction that cycle a hood's sims and deletes food related stuff* from their "inventories". Thus far, it's going pretty well - the batbox was really useful in figuring how to do it.
* These being the "burnt x food" and "learned to cook x" memories, and the "favourite food" tokens from both NL and OFB.

However, they're still two things I might need help with:

1. Do I also need to have it delete the "Token - Sim - Foods Cooked Well" and "Token - Sim - Foods Eaten" items from sims? The wiki only says that one should delete "the "Learned to make" memories of the deleted food, and all gossip memories about that memory" + reset their podium preferences.

2. Once that is settled, how should I test it to make sure everything works fine before sharing? I mean, I'm already running the interaction in a test hood to make sure it's doing its job, but can anything be recommended beyond that?

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:33 PM
The best way to test is probably to duplicate a well-played 'hood whose inhabitants have lots of CC food memories etc., use the mod, nuke the foods, then play for a bit with regular checks in HoodChecker. If the amount of corruption starts to increase following the use of your mod, you might have a problem.

Of course, the issue with this is that the 'hood will have *some* corruption to begin with - and it's hard to tell whether new corruption is your mod's fault or just life.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.