Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 5:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help me please
I downloaded some custom contents and some shows but with the hair and sims they aren't showing at all can someone help me this is my first time downloading custom contents
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:00 AM
What custom content did you download? Do you have a link?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:06 AM
Was the hair a maxis recolour or was it a new mesh (new shape) If you are downloading something that is a new shape you need the mesh plus the recolours.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Was the hair a maxis recolour or was it a new mesh (new shape) If you are downloading something that is a new shape you need the mesh plus the recolours.
i kept looking for the mesh but it didn't say where it was
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:43 AM
Give us a link to the item.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:02 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What custom content did you download? Do you have a link?
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=546265 hair mod

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=75262 sim

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=77245 sim
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:29 PM
Okay, if you read the text you just linked to, all three hairs require custom meshes. In two cases you can follow the links provided, but one just gives credit to the creators of the eyes, hair, and lipsticks, implying that the meshes are included. I'd look in that package and see what it contains. If the mesh is in there, then that needs further investigation as to why it's not showing up; but if it's not, you know that the problem in all cases is that you need the mesh.

There's a good possibility that the sites linked to and referenced are dead, but try following the links. If they're dead, try googling the names of the creators, sites, and meshes, see what you get. If your google fu fails, go to the WCIF (Where Can I Find) forum and ask where you can find these or similar meshes. (The one on Starfire doesn't look a bit like Starfire's hair anyway.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)