Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 1:27 PM
Default Sims 2 HELP PLEASE!!!
OK.... I'm in desperate need of some help.. I have NO idea what is going on...

A long ways back I had uninstalled the Sims 2 and the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. After a long hiatus I actually reinstalled the game... and tried to reinstall the Sims2Pack Installer..

But...

I keep getting a message stating that an 'older version' of the installer is on my computer and asks me if I want to Uninstall it.. When I click 'Yes'... NOTHING happens.. Now I've already going into my registry.. Removed EVERYTHING related.. rebooted NUMEROUS times... and when I try to reinstall again.. Its just the same freaking message over and over again claiming I have an older version of the installer on my PC when I don't... So please... please if anyone can help... it would be very much appreciated..

THANKS!!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 5:29 PM
I'm trying to think back...it seems like I kept getting that message too on a new computer. Can you just ignore it?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:34 PM
No I can't ignore it... It won't install at all cause it keeps saying :

There is an older version on your computer..you must uninstall this first..do you wish to uninstall now?

When I click yes.. Absolutely nothing happening.. Most likely cause... there is no older version anywhere... So I have no idea what to do...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:54 PM
After clicking yes restart your computer and see what happens, do it before doing anything else.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:59 PM
I did... My system has been rebooted so many times.. Even went into the registry.. deleted the ONE folder i found.. rebooted.. and still getting the error message...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
After clicking yes restart your computer and see what happens, do it before doing anything else.

Ok for the heck of it.. I did this.. still getting the error message....
Alchemist
#7 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:41 PM
computer's Safety Mode might be able to help; if the operating system is some version of Windows. at some point in computer's start up, press F8; not sure exactly when, but I think sometime after the first screen and sometime before the Windows logo. if done at the right moment, a menu should come up; Safety Mode would be one of the options.
once logged-in through Safety Mode, you could attempt removing files/folders and/or attempt installing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:14 PM
Thank you I will give that a try and see how it works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:39 PM
Nope..Safe Mode didn't work either.. this is just insane... I even freaking removed the entire game.. cleared out ALL sims files and folders and everything on the pc..registry.. EVERYTHING..and STILL getting that stupid error...
Alchemist
#10 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:55 PM
if you have enough money, might replace the hard drive. stores (online or physical) that sell computer parts would have them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:59 PM
umm yea.. nevermind.. i'm so not repalcing a hard drive for one little game.. so not worth all this crap... -shrugs- oh well..take care all
Alchemist
#12 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 10:07 PM
following could be an alternative::
install on another computer then transfer through either a Local Area Network or external storage devices.

edit::
or might specify a different location for the install.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 11:43 PM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 29th Jul 2017 at 7:47 PM.
Do you have CCleaner? There's a free version. Sometimes running the registry cleaner on that can fix issues like that. I'm not too fond of registry cleaners in general (most of them are far too aggressive and unnecessary on anything that's not Windows 9x) but CCleaner's is good to run if there's problems.

Also check in Program Files and Program Files (x86) to see if any program files got left behind.

@mdsb759, why the fuck would you replace the hard drive? Wiping it works just as fine.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives