Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 5:47 PM
Default Converting Male Accesories to Female and Coverting Accesories to other age groups
I've downloaded some ear piercings and hand bandana that kinda look gay (no offense) on male sims. It would be very pretty if i had that for females.Can someone write it to me step by step how to convert it or send a link of some tutorial? I've also downloaded Peggy's eyelashes accesories that can only be used on female adults. I converted it for teens and children using 'File Scanner' (i think thats the name,the last option) on SimPE but the eyelashes aren't on the eyes, they're on eyebrows lol. I would like to see a tutorial for that too, how to make them appear on eyes. :p
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 7:38 PM
Unfortunately, it's not that easy to convert between genders and age groups. The head and body meshes aren't the same size, so the accessories won't be in exactly the same place. For example, the adult eyelash accessories are showing up on the teen's eyebrows because adults are taller than teens; the eyelash mesh is placed too high to be usable on teens. If you want to fix this, you'll need to make a new mesh for the teen age group.

Switching between genders has the same issues, because males and females are not exactly the same size and shape. You could try simply changing the gender value in SimPE, but I'm not sure if things like a hand bandana or earrings would display properly (because the ears might not be in exactly the same place, and the wrists are probably different sizes). I would try that first, though, because it's easier than trying to play around with meshes.