Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:46 PM
Default Queen Bee Challenge!!! Yay!
Yay! Queen Bee Challenge for Sims 3! will start on this, just as soon as I can pull myself away from my world building :P
Edit: I'll be using Crestown, which I haven't used before but sounds promising , here's a link if you want to try it out:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...ssetId=2300641#
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:19 AM
ok since i was having some issues i went ahead and deleted all of my savepoints.... (while i was updating everything i have from nraas bc of the new update) and im gonna restart this one,..... after i have created a perm version of a sim that is going in every town i create no matter waht she will have all skills maxed, her lifetime wish done, etc..... she is also now my avatar, i just have to restart that is all i will be doing a blog on this one i think i have a good story for it.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:47 AM
I haven't been brave enough to open this yet. My 100 baby challenge freezes on loading. It worked after the patch, but quit when I updated mods. Trying to troubleshoot by removing them one by one. Big pain. Beelinda is pregnant with Drone 4's first child.
Test Subject
#79 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 12:15 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!! Was literally placing the very last needed lot in Crestown(not a bad place) when everything crashed, at least I still have the nursery and worker homes saved in my library. I'm quite proud of them I've now, however succumbed to creating my own world because Crestown was a bit small. I might be uploading this to the exchange, if it's not shoddy

Edit:Fixed typos
Test Subject
#80 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 11:57 AM
Finally begun! :D
Sorry, should probably stop commenting on this soon, anyways, I've changed my plan of action. Although my CAW world was coming quite nicely, I came across a world that looks to be brilliant and really wanted to share. It's called 'Twin Skies' from the exchange and I'm really excited about it because it will be so helpful. Basically a blank world with tons of roads! :D

Never posted this, so I'll just tell you how my games begun :D

Twin skies is brilliant, if a bit big. It was perfect for placing all my lots on, although community lot placing got a bit tiresome so about half of them are missing, guess I'm just gonna have to have a bunch of book loving, grocery grabbing doctors/politicians/self employed peeps. So my game has just begun, although I may have gone overboard with the colour theme for my homes...

I'm not sure how to put pictures into this post so I'll just leave it to imagination...

P.S. I'm assuming the worker bee homes are so that random sims come into the game and we are to choose some to become our drones? So far all mine have been women but only three homes are taken, out of 20. If it doesn't work out, I'll just create some.

Edit: added a photo couldn't be bothered turning all my others into zips though, so... unless html codes work, no more are getting uploaded... most likely... unless Beeatrice pulls another brilliant pose... most likely I will
Screenshots
Test Subject
#81 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:20 PM Last edited by Simmerverse : 7th Mar 2012 at 7:35 PM.
Right, last comment related to my game until I have finished the challenge, I promise :D

Right so basically poor Beeatrice had the repo man come just a few days after she had begun. On the brighter side, she soon found a man called - actually I've not been paying attention so I don't know. When they met(in the park) he was wearing a police man outfit and when asked he said he was a police man, and due to the strong need for more money in the household(and light, the repo man took them all!), a policeman sounded like a reasonable choice. Soon after, I realised that there was no police station in the neighborhood... how was he supposed to work? The moment he moved in, he changed out of his police uniform and became unemployed. Just brilliant. I've seen all types around, guys riding in limos, people wearing journalism uniforms. Anyways, turns out, it's all for appearances so I looked at my new drones lifetime wish and he seemed to want to become a ghost hunter which was fine with because they earn about 750 simoleons a night on average(if you sell the spirits). The two were only good friends when he moved in, so I needed to change that. I immediately pressed try for baby, which was already available for some reason and confusingly, he accepted, got her pregnant, with all the memories and such, yet still they were only good friends. From my point of view that meant the less heartbreak the better and I didn't try to change that. As soon as the babies(she had twins D: ) were born(she went into labour in the makeshift cinema that I built next to my bookstore!) she was right back into bed with him. After all, she only had until she was an Elder to get this challenge done - she was already saving for the young again LTH reward and she was still young! So at the current moment, he's doing pretty well in his ghosthunting career(about to egt lvl 4) and she's pregnant again! I'll try not to keep you updated on her every movement from now on... rofl
Space Pony
#82 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmerverse
The two were only good friends when he moved in, so I needed to change that. I immediately pressed try for baby, which was already available for some reason and confusingly, he accepted, got her pregnant, with all the memories and such, yet still they were only good friends.

Do you have the Woohooer? It allows things like that to the point where the two in question can be one step away from enemies and still woohoo on the active home lot — never tried it with enemies so I'm not sure.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!! Was literally placing the very last needed lot in Crestown(not a bad place) when everything crashed, at least I still have the nursery and worker homes saved in my library. I'm quite proud of them I've now, however succumbed to creating my own world because Crestown was a bit small. I might be uploading this to the exchange, if it's not shoddy

Edit:Fixed typos

I might be doing the same(been having this idea in my head for a world specifically for this challenge)
Test Subject
#84 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 7:29 PM
Default Oops...
Quote: Originally posted by Enirei
Do you have the Woohooer? It allows things like that to the point where the two in question can be one step away from enemies and still woohoo on the active home lot — never tried it with enemies so I'm not sure.

Yeah, only for the teen pregnancy benefits though. I should of guessed that was why they weren't being romantic though, I never really payed much attention to the description for the woohooer...

Guess I'll make them romantically involved then, in the spirit of the challenge and such....
Test Subject
#85 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerhai
I might be doing the same(been having this idea in my head for a world specifically for this challenge)

Cool, I'll finish mine another time though I think... it was fine but I messed up a bit with the roads and It was a bit quicker just using Twin Skies.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 9:02 PM
Cool, I'll finish mine another time though I think... it was fine but I messed up a bit with the roads and It was a bit quicker just using Twin Skies.
well if i create a world, it will have a few different options (at least its what im going for) or versions, two will be base game only(my hubby doesn't play often but he only has base game so i feel for those people who only have base game) I will have enough lots on it so people can do what they want, though one version will not have any buildings and the other will have all the buildings neccessary for the town to be functional, and 2 more version will be with the expansion packs that i own, (ambitions, late night) for those people who have those. already this is alot of work so i won't break it down farther than that.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:18 PM
For some reason my stupid drone and nursery houses can't be put in new towns. They end up roof deep in a crater and no amount of different cheats work to fix it. I tried leveling the terrain, flattening the lot and setImportedTerrainOffset confused me, but no matter what value I put in, nothing moved.

Therefore, I am using a builder only piece of land that I downloaded and have rebuilt the Nursery house. Doing the drone one next.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#88 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:15 PM Last edited by Simmerverse : 9th Mar 2012 at 9:20 PM. Reason: Typos :)
Quote: Originally posted by Zerhai
well if i create a world, it will have a few different options (at least its what im going for) or versions, two will be base game only(my hubby doesn't play often but he only has base game so i feel for those people who only have base game) I will have enough lots on it so people can do what they want, though one version will not have any buildings and the other will have all the buildings neccessary for the town to be functional, and 2 more version will be with the expansion packs that i own, (ambitions, late night) for those people who have those. already this is alot of work so i won't break it down farther than that.

Wow... your alot more dedicated then me! :D

I couldn't even be bothered making one...

Also, I love the colours of your bathroom!

Quote: Originally posted by oxJennxo
For some reason my stupid drone and nursery houses can't be put in new towns. They end up roof deep in a crater and no amount of different cheats work to fix it. I tried leveling the terrain, flattening the lot and setImportedTerrainOffset confused me, but no matter what value I put in, nothing moved.

Therefore, I am using a builder only piece of land that I downloaded and have rebuilt the Nursery house. Doing the drone one next.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 12:29 AM Last edited by Zerhai : 10th Mar 2012 at 1:21 AM.
Wow... your alot more dedicated then me! :D

I couldn't even be bothered making one...

its a work in progress, its probably not going to be great but i have gotten very irritated when I have been looking for custom worlds, then i get more irritated when I go back to bridgeport, ea truly failed when they made that world. there are what 2 empty lots really? they really were not thinking when they made it and even with the subway system it takes forever for my sims to go to work or school, i have to send them an hour early bc if they go with the bus/car that comes to take them they will be late. it is really annoying. That is probably the main thing that inspired me to make this world.
Test Subject
#90 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:32 PM
Yeah, and it's awful if your sending your sim of to prom and then the limo drives off without them because the lift takes to long! Bridgeport is definately the most frustrating world to live in...

although I never liked riverview either but I suppose it was free...
Field Researcher
#91 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:26 PM
well at least riverview can be edited to my liking, and has enough lots and enough space to put new lots so i can have all my lots for Late night, ambition and base game, riverview just doesn't look good with all the skyscrapers.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:03 AM
ok my world is getting there im nearly to the point of putting in roads, but haven't put trees, im waiting until i have lots and roads before i put trees. It is looking ok, its not perfect but it looks nice!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 3:13 AM
I'm still plugging away. Trying to find Drone 6 at the moment. All kids are still alive, but the drones are dying already. I think the oldest kids are about to hit elder and she has great-grandkids almost as old as she is.
Test Subject
#94 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 7:25 AM
i'm going to try this
Test Subject
#95 Old 13th May 2012 at 9:34 PM
I don't know if anyone is still doing this...but I've been reading the challenges recently and thought I'd give this one a go for my first one! Will let you know how it goes!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 30th May 2012 at 7:13 PM
I took a break from mine, but I did borrow a friend's WYDC husband for my drone 7. The first batch of kids are starting to die off now too.
Test Subject
#97 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 8:21 PM
I like this challenge a lot. In general, I enjoy challenges because they embody the spirit of the game. The Sims is essentially a strategy game which I think a lot of us forget and use to create fantastic lives for our sims. To me, this gets boring quickly.

I just set up my town. I used Sunset Valley because I didn't want to download a town. I evicted and deleted all families. I bulldozed all lots twice to remove both the house/items and the lot itself. I proceeded to create the nursery house and the drone houses and placed a large lot for my queen bee. I created my queen bee whose name is Nora Morgan. Her story cites that there was an unspecified apocalyptic event and she is now charged with repopulating the sim world. I kept all community lots because I hate building community lots.

I have added a challenge for myself: In comparison to the pre-apocalyptic world, this world is very much a female controlled society. Queen bee will maintain friend status with all daughters. No cheats may be used that may determine gender of babies.

I figure, win or lose, this will create a very, very weird and interesting town for me to play in down the road.

I will update on my progress after Nora has had her first six children and finished with the first drone.

Thanks for posting this challenge! Wish me luck!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 3:48 PM
Drone 7 has four daughters and Beelinda is pregnant again. I'm hoping for twins this time. The last remaining drones have been picked out and penciled in. The kids up to the Drone 3 offspring have all started to die off.
Instructor
#99 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 6:54 PM
This was my FAVORITE challenge in Sims 2, I played this all the time, I need to do this for TS3!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 3:38 PM Last edited by oxJennxo : 30th Jul 2012 at 9:27 PM.
I'm so getting close to the finish line. Drone 8 and they have 4 kids. Her first grandchild has passed on and his son just helped produce Beelinda's first great-great grandchild.

Edit: Since I saw no reason to double post - Beelinda now is pregnant and has 4 kids with Drone 9. Last 8 kids are on the horizon and I have an idea on what I am doing for Drone 10.

Edit 2: My computer has been more down than up recently, but I completed this challenge on July 13. Good fun!
Page 4 of 5