Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 456 (Who?), Viewed: 137441 times.
Page 19 of 19
Scholar
#451 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuuAnn
If there's a glitch and the only task left for you to get promoted I would try with some cheat, but if the profession/career itself is glitchy... just re-roll a new career for that sim. In the other side, I haven't tried a profession having toddlers, so I don't know if you actually have a glitch or there's something you're missing, so I need help with that part.

That sounds like a glitch to me. Toddlers and infants should automatically go to daycare if there isn't a teen or older on the lot when you join a sim at work. Their needs should be automatically taken care of, at least enough to keep them out of reach of the social worker, even if they're at home with another sim.

My glitchiness for professions (particularly for the Detective profession) is suspects not matching up with the APB clues. The clues called for a blonde female teen wearing a skirt and a blouse... The actual suspect was a black-haired adult male with trousers and a tank. -.-

Yesterdays and Tomorrows, a story blog for my Sims 4 Prosperity Challenge.
The Woman of the Night, a story blog for my latest Sims 4 Random Legacy Challenge.
Test Subject
#452 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 10:39 PM
Hello, all; quick question: When do you roll for the next generation? Do you wait until your heir is a child, teen, or young adult?
Test Subject
#453 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 4:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLestat
Hello, all; quick question: When do you roll for the next generation? Do you wait until your heir is a child, teen, or young adult?
Good question, I've wondered this myself. Personally, I roll when my heir becomes a teen so that they can get a head start on their career skills and find out whether any spares will be moving in with them. That said, I may change my tune if others say it should be done when they age up to young adult.
Scholar
#454 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 3:14 AM
I have a few questions, I'm almost finished my first generation and have encountered a few problems. The first one, I have perfect children but my heir's childhood aspiration glitched, I befriended 2 adults (and he was already friends with several adults that didn't count before that part of the aspiration), and no matter what I did the second adult wouldn't count. I know I did it, everything else is complete but I didn't officially complete it because it glitched on me. Can I just keep going knowing I did it or should I impose some sort of in game penalty since I didn't actually manage to get past the glitch?

I also think I might have misunderstood the career hopper, do I have to get them up the career ladder enough to be Criminal (Boss) or just have them be in the criminal track for at least a day? Because despite my best efforts I'm only done almost 2 careers up to the split (Entertainer Comedian and now almost at the Criminal Boss) and my sim is now an adult (and the heir is now a teen). Do I keep the career hopper in the household until I do all 5 careers or do I just focus on the next generation?
Test Subject
#455 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 4:21 AM
CinderEmma, from my understanding, there are no penalties for being unable to complete a roll due to a glitch. For the career hopper roll, they only have to be in each career for a minimum of a day. The branch specification is just for if you wanted to continue through that career. I would say that to complete the roll, just have your sim spend one day in each of your remaining rolled careers and then focus on your next generation.
Scholar
#456 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImaginaryUnicorn
CinderEmma, from my understanding, there are no penalties for being unable to complete a roll due to a glitch. For the career hopper roll, they only have to be in each career for a minimum of a day. The branch specification is just for if you wanted to continue through that career. I would say that to complete the roll, just have your sim spend one day in each of your remaining rolled careers and then focus on your next generation.
Thank you, I'll promptly have him do those last careers now, my heir is now experiencing a teen pregnancy so the next generation is going to start early (I rolled a really boring second gen so I'm going to try to spice it up/make it go a little quicker then normal)
Scholar
#457 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 3:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLestat

I usually roll when the firstborn becomes a teen, but I don't officially start the next generation until the heir becomes a young adult.

Yesterdays and Tomorrows, a story blog for my Sims 4 Prosperity Challenge.
The Woman of the Night, a story blog for my latest Sims 4 Random Legacy Challenge.
Page 19 of 19