Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Opportunities won't be fulfilled...?
Hey there...again! So, I've recently acquired Ambitions and was excited to try it out, everything seemed fine, Twinbrook is a bit creppy but yet an incredible city and I decided to make a private investigator out of my sim.

The thing is - I've already solved my first case and everything worked perfectly BUT as soon as the opportunity of the missing golden llama popped up, I couldn't seem to make it! I mean, I had to go to the police station and I've done it several times but my sim always goes out and nothing happens, the opportunity is still there. At the same time, I was presented a new kind of opportunity, to which I had to watch a random sim playing chess at the bookstore to get logic skills. I went there, she spent a few hours (minutes?) there and came out, once again, nothing happened. The opportunities are not being fulfilled for some reason...

This has never happened before, and even though I haven't tried other families, I know this only started happening after installing Ambitions... at least with this very sim. Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there something I can do to fix it?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:06 AM
Is this the standard Twinbrook or have you replaced any of the rabbithole buildings with rabbitholes from other EPs/Store worlds?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Is this the standard Twinbrook or have you replaced any of the rabbithole buildings with rabbitholes from other EPs/Store worlds?

It's just the standard Twinbrook, I haven't made any alteration to any of the buildings
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 7:44 PM
Okay, so that excludes the most likely candidates for your issue, and, unfortunately, the one I had in mind, namely combo rabbitholes.

For the logic opportunity there is also the possibility that it timed out before you finished it. Some opportunities have to be started as early as possible if they give you a time frame, like the eating contest at the bistro. If you start it too late you'll never finish it.

And the investigator one, hm, there is some issue with opportunities that suddenly appear for professions they were not made for. I haven't played the investigator for some time, is this really an investigator opportunity? Ghost hunters, for example, often receive opportunities that were actually for the fortune teller career and so obviously you can never complete these. Is the icon for that opportunity one for investigators?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Okay, so that excludes the most likely candidates for your issue, and, unfortunately, the one I had in mind, namely combo rabbitholes.

For the logic opportunity there is also the possibility that it timed out before you finished it. Some opportunities have to be started as early as possible if they give you a time frame, like the eating contest at the bistro. If you start it too late you'll never finish it.

And the investigator one, hm, there is some issue with opportunities that suddenly appear for professions they were not made for. I haven't played the investigator for some time, is this really an investigator opportunity? Ghost hunters, for example, often receive opportunities that were actually for the fortune teller career and so obviously you can never complete these. Is the icon for that opportunity one for investigators?

I've had problems with rabbitholes before, namely the school+stadium one at Isla Paradiso... After googling a little, I found many people also had this problem, both with standard and double RH cases, so it seems to be a 'normal' glitch... but I think we've already solved the problem!

The one to improve logic skills did have a time frame, but as soon as it popped up I made sure to get it done since I still had time, so I don't think the that was the problem (not to mention I had tried it several times). Still, I decided to delete my old game and start a new one with the same character, tried once again the PI profession and she seems to be doing just fine. The same llama opportunity popped up, I accepted it but once more it didn't work, so I just 'clicked' it away. The 'improve logic skills' one popped up as well and I was able to fulfill it, I still can't understand why though, I didn't do anything different from the previous time...

Now that you say it, the one about the llama shows the fortune teller icon and asks me to work as one for the police... that's probably it, and that's why I'd never be able to fulfill it. If that's the case, I'll just have to drop it again...
Thanks for your help! ^^