Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 9:34 PM
Default Hidden Springs - Would you be interested?
Would you all be interested if I open up CAW, put Hidden Springs in CAW (like I have) and fix all those annoying bugs? and upload it here (I have obviously removed Store items). Or would I get in trouble?

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alext369
Would you all be interested if I open up CAW, put Hidden Springs in CAW (like I have) and fix all those annoying bugs? and upload it here (I have obviously removed Store items). Or would I get in trouble?

How can you remove a store item from a store item? If you make a .package that the user edits in to there own Hidden Springs that maybe be okay, but i don't think you can upload the whole town.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 10:47 PM
As far as I know, you'd be breaking copyright law if you re-uploaded the entire world here with fixes. You can upload a save file so that the only people that can have the world with fixes are the ones that purchased the actual world, but other than that, you're out of luck.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 10:55 PM
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=450599 and http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=448919 both show ways you can fix a world with out including every thing.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 3:16 AM Last edited by rian90 : 30th Aug 2011 at 3:48 AM.
I have been attempting to fix the issues in my HS world but I have had problems with the distant terrain just disappearing after a save. I suppose it is possible to add it back in but that is such a pain without the coordinates.

Silly me...Here are the coordinates for anyone trying to edit their own copies and lose the DT as well.

Position
x 2201.60034
y -12.5020151
z -91.0409546
Rotation
x 179.999985
y -0.963996232
z 179.999985

Unless I am blind, the Distant Terrain for Hidden Springs is not available in CAW. It is listed as a object, but it is missing from the list. This means if it is lost, which is what seems to be happening whenever I close the world and reopen it, then it cannot be replaced. How can it be there..but not be there? Weird.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 12:01 PM
I'm sure someone said the Distant Terrain was on the metadata list?

alext369- you would not be allowed to upload a fixed version of Hidden Springs if it included any store content, but it would be okay if it required users to have first installed hidden Springs.

Either way, you would have to go via our upload queue, you would need to conform to the Creator Guidelines and make sure that there were significant differences or fixes from the original, to warrant people downloading it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 2:46 AM
I have been trying to edit HS in CAW.... when i try to save it says it can't because of a system error, then it saves afterwards. The problem is if i exit CAW i can't reopen the world. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong, so i could get HS working.

¤M¡zz Røyåltÿ¤™
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mizzroyality
I have been trying to edit HS in CAW.... when i try to save it says it can't because of a system error, then it saves afterwards. The problem is if i exit CAW i can't reopen the world. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong, so i could get HS working.

Could you tell us the exact error message you are getting, verbatim? You can post a screen shot.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 2:53 PM
Mizzroyality, I have the same problem.

Here is the message I get: Cannot load a packed file {0} in the Sims 3 Create a World Tool - Beta

This is after I try to save and it crashes. The saved file shows but I am sure it has been corrupted by the save hence the message above. Sometimes I can save, sometimes I cannot.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 5:52 PM
That particular message indicates that the game cannot locate the Global layer- either that or the UNKN 0x0477BD6A resource is missing. This usually means that the import didn't work correctly, or else the save wasn't complete, if this is after you've saved it.

Laura, can you make it work with this method?
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...593&postcount=3
If not, then try just importing those UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E resources into the one you already have.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
Could you tell us the exact error message you are getting, verbatim? You can post a screen shot.

I attached a pic of the error message i get when i 1st try to save the world (1st pic)
The 2nd time i try to save, it saves successfully
When i try to reopen the world i get an error message that it can't be opened (2nd pic)

Btw in this instance i renamed HS ----> springdale
Screenshots

¤M¡zz Røyåltÿ¤™
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:39 AM
Once I created a distance terrain, I have had no problem saving or opening the worlds I change. Not sure if that meaningful but it is interesting.