Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2017 at 10:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Permanently deleting a sim
I am having a little bit of trouble. I recently had to start a new game with my previous family that I had to save to the bin. But after that, the family relationship became wonky. So using NRAAS Master Controller, I tried to fix the relationship. However, i cannot delete one of the parent. She is a copy of the mother, but she is non-existent. I know I'm not very good at explaining, so I inserted a picture.
Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 10:44 AM
She's not born yet. Can you fix her age?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:18 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2017 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
nraas MC --> sims --> advanced --> total annihilation --> homeworld --> choose your homeworld --> select the sim from the list

tada!

I tried doing that but now I can't click on anything and all of the sims in their relationship panel has disappeared. I still can't get rid of the first sim (the one with no picture.)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 29th May 2017 at 10:44 AM
I fear that there's no simple "tada" in that case. To me this looks as if there's a Sim duplication at work here. The negative age and missing thumbnail suggests that there's a MiniSim clone in the game files that is still connected to the original Sim. Killing the MiniSim will damage the original.

Can the clone's personal status be found with MC? What does MC have to say about her?

How did you export that family from the old save? What was Blanca Rocco's status then? Was she alive or a dead Sim? Personally I've seen this before only with regard to dead Sims.
Is it possible to export that family from the old save again?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2017 at 7:01 AM
uh... you were suppose to delete the non-existent one, not the real one.

You have backup right?

Let's try this another way. Using NRAAS MC, go to advanced --> family ---> "remove parents"

Remove all the parents for the sim you want. Then go back and "add parents" and only add the real ones.

I did try it that way, but the parent without the picture won't go away.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th May 2017 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I fear that there's no simple "tada" in that case. To me this looks as if there's a Sim duplication at work here. The negative age and missing thumbnail suggests that there's a MiniSim clone in the game files that is still connected to the original Sim. Killing the MiniSim will damage the original.

Can the clone's personal status be found with MC? What does MC have to say about her?

How did you export that family from the old save? What was Blanca Rocco's status then? Was she alive or a dead Sim? Personally I've seen this before only with regard to dead Sims.
Is it possible to export that family from the old save again?

Bianca Rocco was alive. I went into edit map and then saved the household and the house.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st May 2017 at 4:18 AM
Did that resolve your problem?

If not, download "awesome mod." You don't have to run it permenantly, we're just going to use its clean up tool.

- Put awesome mod in.
- Load the game.
- once loaded go into cheat bar and type "fixall"
- wait a few seconds, when it is done, check to see if it fixed your problem
- If it did, you can "save as" under a new name
- Quit and remove awesome mod if you don't want to use it anymore.

Unfortunately, I was not able to resolve the problem. Where do I go to find the awesome mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st May 2017 at 9:11 AM
Link

Just download the mod, you don't need to worry about the configurator etc...

Put the mod where you put all your mods. Then follow the instruction from the previous post. You may remove this mod after you are done.

This mod is a core mod, so if you want to keep it for its functions, you should read up on what it does. The post above only addresses its "fixall" function, which does fix mini-sim partners relationships etc...

The Sim with no picture is still not disappearing.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#15 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 11:17 AM
Do you still have the old save and can you try to export that family again?

There is also another console command in AwesomeMod that is specifically intended to take care of duplicate Sims: NukeImpostors