Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 4:17 PM
Default Correct me if I'm wrong...?
Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see many people around who like the Caliente sisters. Or, as many people I know call them, "Caliente B****es" Am I the only one here? I mean, Nina's one of my favorites from TS2 (It's a 3-way tie between Nina Caliente, Cassandra Goth, and Lazlo Curious).

I recreated her and her sister for ts3 and I love playing them in Bridgeport. Don usually pops in and starts trouble.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 4:36 PM
Well as a player who does not play premades, I could not care less about Nina or any other. Might not be a real opinion for your thread, but it's mine anyway.
You are free to like whoever Sim you want, it is no one else's business right? I am sure you find in them enough to enjoy playing them and this is what actually counts.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 4:39 PM
Boy do you need to read this: https://skellington7d.livejournal.com/4610.html
Also http://holleyberry.tumblr.com/

Every sim is somebody's favorite and every sim is somebody's bete noir. Dina and Nina (and Don) were set up as villains by Maxis, but when you look at them closely there's plenty of sympathetic reasons for their behavior, should you be inclined to do so. (Dina was a teen and Michael was an adult the first time he kissed her. Eu. Who's the cold-blooded schemer here?) A lot depends on how they play for you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 4:43 PM Last edited by iCad : 11th Apr 2018 at 4:54 PM.
I, too, do not play or care about most premades, the Caliente sisters included. My exception is the Strangetown folks. I will be playing them...once I get done completely restructuring/rebuilding Strangetown into a 50s-era Roswell, NM analogue. It's taking a while.

In any case, my general impression of the TS2 community is that it's less common for players to not like or play the premades than it is to like/play them. Most people might not like an individual premade -- like, a lot of people dislike Don Lothario -- but it seems like more people play premades than play all their own, original Sims. I follow two people on Tumblr who write Pleasantview-based stories, and I know they're not the only ones.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 4:43 PM
I love Dina & Nina, and all of their family tree. I've re-made the Plesantview sims and played them from their first known generations several times. Am actually in the process of doing so again, so in a few generations there'll be little Caliente baby sisters! =)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:08 PM
I love Nina, she was the wife of my founder sim and the mother of their children. Put in another context than the premade storyline I find her to be a total sweetheart.

I am Error.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:27 PM
See, I imagine them a different way than everyone else.

Don has potential. "He's a fuckboy" Maybe he is, but he really does have potential. Even if you leave his aspiration the same, he could be a great husband for Cassandra. As long as he cuts off his affairs, he could easily fulfill his wants while married to Cassandra. They could complement each other, I prefer that I don't do that.

Dina has potential. "She's a gold digger!" How do we know this for certain? Maxis painted them that way, but look at them on their own merits. Dina could easily reach the top of any career, as long as you focus her efforts on that. She could easily make friends with most sims, she has decent charisma and is nice, playful and outgoing.

Nina has potential. "She's a slut!" Not really. She only has one relationship; Don. We don't get much direction with what to do with her, so who knows? She's not the nicest at times, but she's active and could easily reach the top of Athletic career. When you give her a sim with a compatible personality, she's really useful. I had her get married, she didn't even think about flirting with anyone other than her spouse. Not to mention, she's always great with kids in my games!

There. I'll hop off my soapbox now, but don't just go with Maxis' thoughts on them. Each can be a valuable character for their own reason. Look beyond Maxis and find their true potential.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:28 PM Last edited by gazania : 12th Apr 2018 at 7:31 AM.
I actually do play premades. And I don't mind the Caliente sisters. Dear departed Michael annoys me because I really don't like ghosts (they were all banished to a nice custom lot I made ... let them rest there, and provide a good scare to Pleasantview teens who dare each other to hang out there after midnight!). But not Dina and Nina.

They are not my favorite Pleasantview premades. But when I play them, I'm kind to them. They are not sluts or gold diggers, which seems to be the Maxis story for them. Nope. I reject that.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Boy do you need to read this: https://skellington7d.livejournal.com/4610.html
Also http://holleyberry.tumblr.com/

Every sim is somebody's favorite and every sim is somebody's bete noir. Dina and Nina (and Don) were set up as villains by Maxis, but when you look at them closely there's plenty of sympathetic reasons for their behavior, should you be inclined to do so. (Dina was a teen and Michael was an adult the first time he kissed her. Eu. Who's the cold-blooded schemer here?) A lot depends on how they play for you.

I'm going to ~ The first sounds super interesting from what I've read, and thats for some reason a lot like how I saw them on my own ;3
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KrazySimmerChick
...Each can be a valuable character for their own reason. Look beyond Maxis and find their true potential.

And this, in a nutshell, is why I really don't have any attraction to the pre-made Sims that have storylines, honestly. Unless you stick with their Maxis storyline, there is really no difference between them and any other Sim that you'd make yourself. There is nothing "outstanding" about them, nothing that makes them any different from a Sim you can have CAS randomly spit out, other than the fact that Maxis has written a little background, given them some relationships with the other pixels, and programmed in some things that will happen to them. (Like the one Curious brother in Strangetown who's programmed to be alien-abducted.) To me, they're more like a "springboard" than anything else. They're characters you can play as you learn to play the game and/or, if you like their archetypes (i.e. "The Womanizer," "The Gold Digger," "The Unfaithful Husband," "The Favorite Sibling vs. The Black Sheep," "The Creepy Old Lady Who's Possibly a Murderer/Witch," "The Sadistic Mad Scientist," etc.), you can continue those stories and expand them...or not, and do something completely different than what Maxis intended. And if you choose to do something completely different, it doesn't matter. So, I just don't see the point of premades, myself. I'd much rather just let CAS spit out some random Sims and then follow their stories (that they tell me, not the other way around) and their progeny's stories. In the end, I pretty much always attach more to born-in-game Sims (and their kids, etc.) than to the started-as-adults founders, anyway.

Annnnnnd I'm in the minority, I know. And I'm not at all criticizing people who DO like/play the premades. I just...don't get the point of the premades. Maybe it's just because I'm not at all a fan of directed gameplay, which is ultimately why I prefer TS2 to the newer games, because they became more directed. I mean, even though I'm intending to play Strangetown, I don't really have much intention of continuing any of the Maxis storylines. I'm just going to do what I usually do: Free-will them and let them tell me their stories, without any interference from Maxis.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#11 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 7:52 PM
I don't like them, for various reasons.....but what does that matter to you? In Sims everybody can do whatever they want with the premade characters. And in general I don't think it's important whether other people share my opinions on fictional characters.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 9:58 PM
I found the Caliente sisters pretty interesting to play.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 10:11 PM
When I played the single rotation that I've played so far in Pleasantview, I tried to keep Nina, Dina and Don all happy. I sat the two sisters together on their sofa and let them chat till they were friends. A little bird told me that they might get a visit from a burglar, so I got them an alarm. Then I helped both Nina and Dina to have affairs with Don. When I left them they were all happy and all friends. But of course neither of them told her sister about Don!

So I fear a day of reckoning will come and I really don't fancy the atmosphere in the Caliente home when they find out!!

In fact I think that may be the real reason why I haven't gone back (yet) to play a second rotation. How on earth will I be able to make them all happy again?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 10:29 PM
I have played with them some years back, but I don't have much interest in playing with the premades. I just don't think they're interesting, and prefer making my own sims. I'm also not too fond of the inbuilt stories they're supposed to play out. It can be fun to read stories about them where there are interesting twists and turns, but other than that I don't really care much.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 10:38 PM
Andrew, I have found that the anti-jealousy potion found here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=188471, when made static, works wonders.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 11:12 PM
Quote:
Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see many people around who like the Caliente sisters.

Plenty of us here don't play premades at all. Maybe for a while when Sims 2 first came out, but playing someone else's sims for 14 years, nope.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
playing someone else's sims for 14 years, nope.

It's funny cuz it's trUe.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Link Ninja
#18 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 11:43 PM
Here's results from the MTS2 board about playing premades vs custom sims that was posted in January

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 11:45 PM
Was that poll including townies though?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#20 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Was that poll including townies though?

In the thread that this poll was posted in, it was determined by many (more than less) that townies and other NPCs that could become playable counted as 'pre-mades' as they came with the game.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 1:38 AM
For some reason, I really like Nina too!! I had a lot of fun with the Caliente household. I don't care for Dina very much, though...

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Field Researcher
#22 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 2:36 AM
I have a soft spot for Nina. She is not among my favourites, but I do enjoy playing her a lot. Fact is, I love all pre-mades and I do not think of them as 'evil'. No one, I repeat, no one is evil into my eyes. Loki and Circe might be the only exceptions, but the rest of them, even Dina (who I always play as mostly another 'Don') is not evil in my game. She just... has certain attitudes and beliefs which are not precisely correct, morally speaking. But as for Nina, well, I look at her personality and I just have to set Family as her secondary aspiration. And this may sound stupid, but it is hard for me to make Family sims actually 'evil'.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#23 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 3:24 AM Last edited by Simonut : 13th Apr 2018 at 12:44 AM.
The Caliente sister have never been my favorite premade Sims, I do play PleasantView because I do have Sims that I created there plus Don Lothario is one of my favorite Sims.
I still play the premade there, the twin sisters I married them off I go into their household now and then. Most of the time I am in my "Custom Hood".

I think one of my reason that turn me against the sisters was once reading the Comments EA / Maxis once said about their household.
Once I get the idea of what going on in each Sims household I usually do my own thing as to how I want the story to go. But the sister are so, so with me, but I do like Nina better.

Dina turn me off because she really wanted Old Goth for his money. Yes after all these many years I still play Pleasantview after all it was my first introduction into the Sims.
But to be honest I stay mostly in my Custom Neigborhood.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:07 AM
In my Bellefleur, both Nina and Dina are pretty stable characters.
I think that both of them, (without too much player intervention) will eventually settle down and become more mature than EA obviously was inclined to write them as. They've achieved far more than their pre-scripted story lines. I know mine did.
They're both loving, devoted mothers who just outgrew their youth-although from time to time they'll have the odd water balloon flight..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#25 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
do like Nina better.

I agree with this, my personal dislike is mostly centered on Dina. In comparison to her "gold digger" sister (my personal interpretation) Nina always seemed weirdly...innocent? We have no indication that she ever had a relationship with anybody but Don. I think she genuinely loves him, the poor thing.
I haven't worked out yet what to do with the sisters in my beginning neighbourhood, they have just been born after all. Michael is married with 3 (soon 4) children, Bella won't disappear, so their storyline from the shipped version is wholly impossible. Might turn them into characters that are more interesting to me.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 1 of 3