Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Rainsong13 : 9th Feb 2016 at 9:42 PM.
Default Wishing Well Results
I just bought the new stuff pack and I've been experimenting with the wishing well item. So far, the results I've gotten:

Wish for Child
Good:
- Limited time offer for free adoption (did not test if it worked)
- Guaranteed Try for Baby (did not test if it worked)
Bad:
- Evil child added to household
- Temporary infertility buff (did not test if it worked)

Wish for Romance
Good:
- Knowledge of ultimate pick-up line (tried this pick-up line on a complete stranger, their relationship immediately became lovebirds!)
Bad:
- A sim (of the opposite sex? idk if it's random) is created that has the "enemies with benefits" relationship with the sim who made the wish, not added to household
- Hopeless Romance buff - the well tells the sim to give up and gives them a sad buff. I think this might make all romance interactions fail.
- A ghost sim (again, I got opposite sex, not sure) is created that has the "girlfriend/boyfriend" relationship with the sim who made the wish - had "Mean" trait, not sure if that was random or not!

Wish for Youthful Vigor
- Add extra days to life cycle (I did this with a child Sim on the first day of their lifespan and it didn't actually change anything, it must turn back the clock when they've actually aged a bit)
-Energizing buff

Wish for Happiness
Bad:
- +99 Playful moodlet, "Can't Stop Smiling" that leads to death by laughter

What have you gotten?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 4:34 AM Last edited by VentusMatt : 10th Feb 2016 at 8:44 PM.
Edit
Wish for Child
Good
-Child is added to the household with the genius trait
-Adopting cost 0 simoleons for a limited time

Wish for Romance
Good
-Sim of opposite sex is summoned with max romance and almost maxed friendship with boyfriend/girlfriend status.
-Given the interaction "Ultimate Pick-up Line" that drastically raises romance on the target sim

Wish for Youthful Vigor
Good
-Resets current life stage
Bad
-Sim loses all days of current life stage and force ages up.
-Sim is turned into a ghost.

Wish for Skill
Good
-Sim get one skill maxed out

Wish for Promotion
Good
-Sim is promoted by one level
-Sim's performance is maxed out but other requirements must still be met.
Bad
-Sim is demoted by one level.

Wish for Better Grades
Good
-Sim goes up by one grade.
Bad
-Sim goes down by one grade.

Wish for Wealth
Good
-A large sum of simoleons is given to the household
-Sim is given knowledge of another sims dark secret and can blackmail simoleons out of them. (can be used on any sims not part of their household)
Bad
-A moderately large sum of simoleons is taken away from the household

Wish for Happiness
Bad
-Sim is given the "Leaking Happiness" moodlet that gives 3+ sadness while they are around others but surrounding sims will be given a happiness moodlet when around that sim.

Wish for Life Ghost only
Good
-Sim is brought back to life.
-Sim is given one random ingredient to make ambrosia
Bad
-Fails and gives sim "Just A Ghost" moodlet with 2+ sadness

Check out my Simblr
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 4:04 AM
Wish for Better Grades
Good
-Grade goes up the next school day as long as other requirements are met
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:59 AM
Are the results totally random, or are there certain requirements for specific results? Like if an angry Sim wishes for a child, do they always get an evil child? Or if your Sim is just so freaking happy when they make a wish, will it always turn out good? Etc etc?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dramamine
Are the results totally random, or are there certain requirements for specific results? Like if an angry Sim wishes for a child, do they always get an evil child? Or if your Sim is just so freaking happy when they make a wish, will it always turn out good? Etc etc?

It depends on what mood the wishing well is in. You can raise and lower its mood by throwing donations in it, $100 will make it go down usually, $1000 puts it in a neutral mood, and $5000 puts it in a good mood.

This is the well's neutral mood. It can give a good or bad result from your wish.

This is its bad mood, which pretty much guarantees you'll get a bad outcome.

Its happy mood looks slightly different from its neutral mood, albeit not by much. But it'll give you a good outcome.

Speaking of outcomes, there are 6? different outcomes for each wish. It will give you a moodlet with an 'x' (for bad outcomes) or a '+' (for good outcomes) at the bottom of it. One 'x' is slightly good/bad, two 'xx' is good/bad, and three 'xxx' is great/terrible.
Inventor
#6 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:18 AM
I don't think it the faces really mean much. It seemed like even when it looked happy and I gave it a good offering it sometimes would still give me a bad outcome.

Also the neutral face looks like he has a wicked smile

Check out my Simblr
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:25 AM
It's the eyebrows, he's like, "HAAA!!"
I wouldn't make a wish when he looked at me like that, is all I'm saying.
Inventor
#8 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:27 AM
SimsVIP has a complete lay out of all possible outcomes as well as other stuff about the pack

http://simsvip.com/sims-4-romantic-garden-guide/

Check out my Simblr