Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#226 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
So does this mean that when a many men get pregnant by an alien the children won't be related? I hate it that those children are all half siblings.
with an alien set of x aliens; when "second" human gets pregnant, there would be a 1 in x chance of getting the the same alien as the "first" human.
x being 26; almost 4%.
x being 4; 25%.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#227 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:31 PM
Default Italianate Starter Home(s) for Westside Veronaville
This is still just the germ of an idea. In recent posts in another thread, people have been lamenting the dearth of affordable starter homes in Veronaville. This is especially true on the Western (Italian) side of the canal, where the Montys live. As Maxis built the 'hood there are only two empty houses on this side of the canal, both well beyond the reach of starter families without the use of money cheats. By coincidence I had already begun work on this house. In the past I have simply given new houses here a stucco wall covering to try to make them look a bit more Italian, but for this one I've added the similar features to the ones in the Maxis houses in this part of town, a tower and a colonnade of arches. I've also used similar windows to the Maxis houses. The challenge was to see if I could add these features and still keep the price affordable. Well, this house is still far from finished, but so far it only costs §11,654, so I'm fairly confident I can get it decorated and basically furnished, and prettify the front yard a little, while still keeping the price below §20K. This house would require (I think) University because of the windows I've chosen, and I've used the Roof Slope Angle cheat, but I could fairly easily make a base-game version. I'm vaguely thinking of making 2 - 4 of these houses (all different, but basically similar in concept) and making (say) 2 of them base game compatible, while the others might require some of the earlier EPs. (My own highest EP is OFB, but most people here now seem to have all (or most) of the EPs, so there's not so much need to make everything base-game-compatible.) I would of course make them CC-free.

Would other people be interested enough in this idea, for me to consider uploading these houses?
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#228 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:02 PM
Oh I like the look of the exterior there - very Florentine.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#229 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:33 PM
Nothing too exciting - but I've been doing a lot of photographing lately to make a picture wall for my story sims (at the moment they have the collective number of zero family pictures on their walls). It's a converted TS4 mesh.

Mad Poster
#230 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 10:26 PM
Default Starter Homes for the Italian side of Veronaville (cont.)
Encouraged by the rather positive response I got to my last post, I finished that house. With basic but adequate furniture it costs §19,324. It's very Maxis Match - more or less what I think the developers might have come up with given the same spec.

By Day

By Night

Floorplan

I could have added a few more items (like end tables in the bedrooms), but I prefer not to use up the whole §20K, but to leave a little bit of leeway for the Sims moving in (or their player) to add a few personal touches of their own. I think all the essentials are there. Now to start up my AGS base game and make 2 or 3 similar base-game-compatible houses!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#231 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
I really, really like the shape. And it seems to fit so well with Veronaville.
Good idea to leave some § for when sims move in! this is usually expensive.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Space Pony
#232 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 11:41 PM
I will absolutely download that house As Rosebine said fits well to Veronaville And much needed to that side of the town

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM
I made this beach lot and i'm actually pretty pleased how it turned out , it's a cocktail bar / restaurant kinda thing lol

************ Leah****************
See my Blog https://lolasimsposts.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:43 PM Last edited by leah10006 : 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:49 PM.
After creating the other beach lot yday i decided to make a hotel with the same theme on a boardwalk , i think i prefer this one now , considering uploading this lot it doesn’t contain much cc few walls , floors and a few other items mostly plants

Mad Poster
#235 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 5th Mar 2018 at 4:56 PM.
I am making fences. Can you spot the 3 new ones?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#236 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leah10006
After creating the other beach lot yday i decided to make a hotel with the same theme on a boardwalk , i think i prefer this one now , considering uploading this lot it doesn’t contain much cc few walls , floors and a few other items mostly plants

If you do upload it, I hope you have an unplayed version because if it's been played it won't be accepted (though I think you can attempt to clean it).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
If you do upload it, I hope you have an unplayed version because if it's been played it won't be accepted (though I think you can attempt to clean it).

I actually don't unfortunately , It has never been owned though does this still apply if i've made sims visit this lot ? , If so I may make another version when I've time

Mad Poster
#238 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 10:08 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 8th Mar 2018 at 11:54 PM.
Me baked pissenlits!!!..(dandelions)

lol, I'm so proud...
Edited them, now they are purrrfect.

Lab Assistant
#239 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:51 AM Last edited by D3L3T3D : 20th Mar 2018 at 4:13 AM.
I FINALLY got my game working again after my game refused to let me open build or buy tabs without crashing. So now, I'm back to building a university town.

This time, I didn't draw inspiration from anything like I usually did. I started with a shape and built from there. And let me tell you, this is probably my favorite dorm building thus far.

Mad Poster
#240 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:59 AM
Hey, that's incredible, I like this. You seem to have worked hard on that! Kool.

Lab Assistant
#241 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Hey, that's incredible, I like this. You seem to have worked hard on that! Kool.

Thank you! This dorm has been a labor of love, I think. But anyone who knows me knows that empty map is gonna be as full as I can get it to make it look like a living, breathing, and lived-in city. Even if I don't herd lemmings like I should with this game.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#242 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 1:42 PM
@D3L3T3D love your dorm but can you please put any pictures more than four per post under spoilers (as per the site rules) please?

Mad Poster
#243 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Mar 2018 at 12:25 AM.
Something I've been working on the past week - a TS2 conversion (and expansion) of LovelyBaby/Littlequeenny's Lillydoo diaper set

One of the designs

It's almost done - I'm hoping this weekend. Got a few more pieces to fit together, and some size issues to sort out. I want it to look good for both toddlers and infants, and a couple of the items are more toddler size (like the white diaper on the floor...), and I also had some small issues with the potty designs and some upside-down textures, but I think I've sorted out most of those. I'm also working on a highchair that pulls crib textures, because I can't find one that's already made (I only found one that pulls regular bedding).

And just because they annoyed me, I changed some of suza/Homesims' old items to be placeable on all shelves + shiftable + quartertile placeable (I think?). Small items not placeable on all shelves has been a pet-peeve of mine for a very long time, and it's so easy to fix - it's done with the click of a few buttons, just changing the "object size on shelves" in the OBJD. I use these objects so much it's going to be a relief not having to use so many OMSPs for them.

(Edit: Wasn't that easy to fix, it turns out - I had to do some light tinkering in the BHAVs (basically just copy/pasting from a working item). Turned out Suza made the items so long before AL they weren't really AL/M&G compatible. Oh, well. At least I now know how to fix it if the OBJD method doesn't work. Also found a mod for the AL shelves while I was tinkering on something else, so I may not have to fix all the items.)
Lab Assistant
#244 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 12:04 AM
Oh wow, that's nice. WAY more technically involved than anything I can do.

However, I've been making custom wall textures for specific things in my towns. I typically build the images I want in Microsoft Word, move them to Paint, and use an image splitter to make them into panels before putting them into the game via Homecrafter. Once ingame, they all look REALLY nice, and rather convincing.

Mad Poster
#245 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 6:29 PM Last edited by grammapat : 28th Mar 2018 at 6:32 PM. Reason: PS
In Aileen Landing (a populated hood under construction by Jawusa) I just had to add a community lot for dates. Wanted to name it The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - but the name is to long! The hood is a rocky crater ..so I made my lot to blend in..

small dining area beyond the coffee bar

this is where the hot happens (note fire extinguisher behind bar)

PS I need to find a replacement for the phone and garbage at the street.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#246 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 8:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Apr 2018 at 8:21 PM.
I saw this sandcastle (sand heap?) at ATS, and decided to have a go at making some new toys for my sim kids. The twigs don't override the dolls from the dollhouse, and come in 4 somewhat different shapes and sizes.

The toddlers are also wearing some new outfits I've been working on. The kids' hoodies are recolors I made a while ago on a 3t2 mesh (by FP7).

Frustrated teens can smash it to smithereens if they feel like.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#247 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 9:52 PM
These all look great.

I meant to post before @leah10006 - I loved those paper lanterns in your beach lot. Where did you get those?

Mad Poster
#248 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 7:04 AM
I'm TRYING to recolor my own outfit, but I suck at recoloring, so I might just upload this and let YOU do it.
I thought it was not fair that Miranda had not access to her BF's gym clothes, so I sew one for her, too.

The Powah Of E-QualeT-tee....in Red And Purple.

Mad Poster
#249 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 10:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Apr 2018 at 3:06 AM.
While I'm at it, I decided to make the TS4 dollhouses into TS2, and decided to extract all 3 states for the 4 different dollhouses (the ones I can get to via the BG, anyway). I'm done with the castle and the "modern" house, and nearly done with the regular version of the one at the top left.

They do look kinda cool even in the broken states (and I've got some plans for them). It's a big job, though. Since the geostates for TS4 can't easily be extracted, this is manual work, and I've been going at it for the past 3 days... That castle was a nightmare! My laptop decided to randomly shut down 20 minutes from the last save on the "modern" house, so I lost a lot of work (but thankfully that one was the easiest), and I also accidentally managed to save over it once (but was saved by the Blender autosaves, phew!). The seemingly "simple" house was the hardest one (a lot of shared geometry).

Some of the doll houses have been done before, but those I found had weird broken states and/or weren't recolorable. I also have some plans for the dolls, now that I can make custom ones.

(edit: All done, plus the addition of two TS3 doll houses, even resized and turned to align with the TS2 doll house. Now I just have to make some decisions on which dolls to use for the different houses... )
Alchemist
#250 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 4:55 AM
I'm impressed that you persevered and separated all those geostates.
Page 10 of 22