Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 12:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time
Default is simbology worth it?
I was looking at simbology and they have this weird thing about not using Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo all the only e-mails I use. but is it worth the effort of getting anew e-mail to use this site?

A lot of my hacks already do the same things these custom objects I just read up on do. do these objects work better then InSumulator?

I do need to fix issues I have with CC like cars can't leave lots, taxis can't take you to other lots, certain objects despawn cars, freeze a sim's moment, etc. Sims don't change in to winter cloths, sims don't fish, and many other issues that may or may or may not be Insumultor or other CC. does there CC have less bugs?

2. do there hacks offer any thing new? like Adults can do cartwheels or Mary Mack , or Hot tubs restore hygiene or instantly break any appliance, etc

3, Does it have any highly unusual clothing or hair meshes or object meshes? like a book phone or a rid-able kangaroo or a hair mesh that looks like you have a cube for a head? Some thing completely unique ?

4. Do they take requests? and do them with out putting up a fuss?

5. do they have any thing that is only there that no one else has any thing like it that might be a thing I would super want? like objects from a popular nerdy TV show, cartoon, video game or movie, or any thing Im just not thinking of?

is there any thing that could sell me on making a new e-mail?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 12:46 AM
You don't need to have an account at Simbology if all you want to do it download the mods that are there.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 12:48 AM
Although it does sound like you have some hood corruption going on there, dude, or some serious cc problems.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 1:21 AM
Pretty sure Simbology is all mods, not objects and Bodyshop stuff. There are excellent mods there, yes, but none of the other stuff you're asking about. And like dharden said, you don't need to register to download stuff, only if you want to participate on the forum.

And yeah, sounds like you have some serious mod conflicts going on there. I'd figure out what the problem(s) is/are before you go and add more.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
And yeah, sounds like you have some serious mod conflicts going on there. I'd figure out what the problem(s) is/are before you go and add more.

And I'd say it's not InSim that's the problem - it's been around a long time and is stable. I don't like it myself but whether you prefer it or not is a personal preference.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 5:47 PM
Ive heard people balm inSim for a lot of things and saying this site was the only place that had supported mods. and I have fixed a few issues but I still have a lot. Im looking for people who had the same ones happen and know what to blame. or who use the same objects problem free.
Theorist
#7 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 6:23 PM
InSim is an unsupported mod. That bein said it had been updated to M&G before the creator abdicated his place in the Sims2 Community.

I have an still use InSim and have not had any problems with it. I also use InTeen, which is another unsupported mod (more or less). I use SimBlender and ACR as well. I tried Simanipulator, but I preferred InSim and Blender.

The email issue is as those have said, only register if you will be posting on there, this means in participation, but also should you have troubles or questions. I ran into this problem when I wanted to ask BO a question and the only way I could reach him was to register. I had to go make an email that I have no plans of using or if I will even remember it. I went generic email years ago (think 25 years back ...lol... I have an email that is older than my sister, or nearly) when after changin services a few times I lost all my emails that were attached w/ that service.
So, while I can see where they're comin from, I also feel that they are dismissing those of us who have a valid generic email and lumping us in with the garbage.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaykeyser
Ive heard people balm inSim for a lot of things and saying this site was the only place that had supported mods. and I have fixed a few issues but I still have a lot. Im looking for people who had the same ones happen and know what to blame. or who use the same objects problem free.

Are you sure you don't mean the InTeenimater (AKA Inteen)? The InSimenator is pretty harmless. I use it myself (along with ACR, Inteen, the Sim Blender and a hell of a lot of other mods) and have no problems. Pretty much what it does is make the debug mode functions available outside of debug mode, so it doesn't introduce anything new to the game that has the potential to conflict with other mods. InTEEN, on the other hand, can be a monster. It is a huge mod that has its fingers in lots of different things, changing lots of game behavior "behind the scenes," so to speak. So, it has the potential conflict with lots of other mods. Such conflicts are often fixable but they can be a pain to pin down.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 3:49 AM
Simbology has a lot of mods that fix some of the corruption issues that come from the game: "No Sim Loaded", is an excellent example.

Inteen, being in its own section, hasn't been updated since forever, and there are warnings all over the place that this is the case. They only host the download and give newbies some advice/help on using it. They're not going to change, alter or even think about making a new one.

Inteen is one of the fussiest little mods I've ever seen, and in my opinion, it's not worth the hassle to download or install. All kinds of mod conflicts come from it. So you have a choice of either having Inteen or not.

and: you don't have to register to download or view downloads. Only for posting privileges.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 1:50 PM
InSumulator (unsupported) has a lot of dif. items/objects to be able to use it where both the Sim Blender and the Sim Manipulator only has 1 object each. Even though Twojeffs has left the community a lot of the admins at Simbology have taken over it and will support it however than can and the Sim Manipulator is still supported.

And as others have said you have a mod conflict that needs to be fixed. Have you tried the HCDU yets. http://www.simwardrobe.com/

4. Do they take requests? and do them with out putting up a fuss? BO was taken request but he had computer problems for well over a year but I think he has fixed it now.

On # 5 yes they have some of the "Essential Mods" for Sims 2 and they have been listed here in this thread. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532696

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 8:09 PM
Simbology had a big issue not so long ago with people signing up to spam, and it's now run by a few fans of the site so they put the higher restrictions on to be sure, the reasoning was "Everybody has an ISP email!" - I don't. I never have, when I lived at home my mum had one and even since I've been paying my own internet bills, I wouldn't know where to look to set one up. Besides that, I don't want to lose my email when I change internet provider, so it seems a strange concept to me. I guess maybe if you are older and have your own house that you plan to live in for the next 20+ years, you might, but that's not my situation at the moment. I do have an account at simbology as I joined before this restriction. I am assuming that you could also use a student or work email address, though.

As said, you can download without registering. If you need support with the downloads you might want to register.

BO does not strictly take requests; I've seen him refuse more than offer. If he particularly likes the sound of an idea then he might take a look, but as I understand it, he already has a fairly long list of projects, so it would have to be an idea that interested him greatly. He also doesn't take requests which are too specific because he's had hassle in the past with people then complaining about the work and, well, that's just infuriating, when you've spent a lot of time and effort on something for somebody.

However the board in general is extremely supportive if you want to learn to do something yourself. They will not spoon feed you, and they can be blunt - not quite as bad as MATY - but if you show patience and humility and willingness to learn and try things for yourself then they are often more than happy to help you tease out a problem. However, there are modding help boards at MTS too, so it's not a unique resource.

I really like simbology as a board in general but from the sounds of it I think you'd be OK just lurking and downloading. You could always register if there was something extra that you want to ask.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#12 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 8:50 PM
I thought I'd had an account prior to the admin changin hands, but I couldn't recall either the password or email I used or find any confirmation in any of my emails. I have a few emails so each one is for a different purpose.

I wasn't gonna ask for a request .. sorta. I was curious about his Multi PT's since I dislike the way the aliens are in game, I thought to see if there was a way I could change them to my likin to allow them in my game. I never got around to askin, I get sidetracked sooooooo very ... oh look shiny :p
Mad Poster
#13 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 9:20 PM
Ah well that's fairly simple There are definitely tutorials around to make your own PT replacement, and I know there is more than one Multi-PT mod, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tutorial about how to make your own one of those too.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#14 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:24 PM
There's probably quite a few tutorials for Multi-PT mods, but I like this one because it has lots of pictures: http://simgaroop.dreamwidth.org/39709.html