Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2018 at 3:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Double Deluxe
Recently tried to install Sims 2 Double Deluxe and finally got it to work using the exe file for EP99 ???? Everything on disc says Sims 2 Double Deluxe but in the program it looks like it could be the Store Edition. Question, can I add more expansion packs to this or Custom content etc. Am running Sims 2 with all expansion packs except Pets on another computer but can't seem to do much with this. Any comments or help would be appreciated. Says it contains Sims 2, Night Life and Celebration Stuff, has Sims 2.exe, SP4.exe, EP99 which has Sims2SC.exe and EP2.exe. Has 3 Hoods and cant seem to add any more ??? Have 29 hoods plus a lot of sub hoods on the other computer.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th May 2018 at 3:26 AM
Yes, you can install more EP's and SP's, and then, CC that fits your new setting EP/SP wise. I mean..as much as your computer can handle.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2018 at 4:43 AM
Default Sims 2 Double Deluxe
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Yes, you can install more EP's and SP's, and then, CC that fits your new setting EP/SP wise. I mean..as much as your computer can handle.

Have tried adding CC, my Downloads folder which is about 10 GB and it doesn't show up.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:04 AM
Have you enabled Custom Contents?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:07 AM
I'm not sure what your problem is, your post is confusing.

Store Addition is bad news because if your old hoods were made on Store Addition and your new one does not your hoods won't show up. There is a way to make them show up without it, Googling around might find that. I don't know how since I've never had it. You need to get that sorted before your Download folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:10 AM
The only way to get rid of the Store Edition in this case, would be to uninstall Double Deluxe, which sadly includes it. But then, no more The Sims 2.
This is why I advised, in their other thread, to get the UC instead.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:19 AM
I read somewhere that someone had a method to get store made hoods to show up on a non store game. I have no clue what was done to achieve it though. Most people moving over just have to start off fresh or keep store addition.

I also advise you go get the UC, it's all EP's and SP's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th May 2018 at 12:48 PM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th May 2018 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
Recently tried to install Sims 2 Double Deluxe and finally got it to work using the exe file for EP99 ???? Everything on disc says Sims 2 Double Deluxe but in the program it looks like it could be the Store Edition. Question, can I add more expansion packs to this or Custom content etc. Am running Sims 2 with all expansion packs except Pets on another computer but can't seem to do much with this. Any comments or help would be appreciated. Says it contains Sims 2, Night Life and Celebration Stuff, has Sims 2.exe, SP4.exe, EP99 which has Sims2SC.exe and EP2.exe. Has 3 Hoods and cant seem to add any more ??? Have 29 hoods plus a lot of sub hoods on the other computer.

My copy of DD did not come with the store edition so I never had the problem, the newer DD came with SE and gets installed if you do not unchecked it before install.
You needed to choose custom install to get rid of it.
(I was one of the lucky few who got a copy before it went on sale.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158