Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 3:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Free Time
Default Clothes load in CAS but not hairs/jewelry
Title pretty much says it all. I downloaded some clothing, hair and jewelry (crowns/tiaras) from various sites like this one and medieval sims, but only the clothing shows up in CAS. Clothing works just fine, but the hair and jewelry aren't available. Like I never installed them. The package files, however, are clearly in the downloads folder. Am I missing a step for hair/jewelry meshes? I have every mesh installed. Every necessary package file is present. Where am I going wrong?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 3:41 AM
Have you looked under accessories for the jewelry? People have been making jewelry for sims since before Bon Voyage made it a thing, and they made it as accessories. Even a lot of new jewelry is still made that way.

For the hair, alas, I have no suggestion. Unless maybe you've got it subfoldered too deep and the file names got too long? But that shouldn't affect just these most recent files. Have you downloaded hair before, that does show up?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 4:50 PM
This may sound obvious, but have you checked under the 'custom' tab for hairs? Some creators don't 'bin' the hairs they make, that is to say, they don't make the hairs so that black shows up under black and red shows up under red.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 5:44 PM
If it's crowns and tiaras, they're probably in accessories. Also remember that for most CAS items, the mesh and recolors are separate, so you need both for them to work. If you only have the mesh files, they won't show up ingame.

Depending on the jewelry, it could be the items are only accessible via the jewelry stands.