Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 695 (Who?), Viewed: 62794 times.
Page 28 of 28
Alchemist
#676 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 6:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
This day is very important to me as a Christian. It's not the presents or Santa Claus. It's the Baby. He has made my day

Also blessed because He has allowed me to live to see another Christmas.

You're certainly blessed, smorbie1.

Today, I was able to spend time with my parents and try out my new rose colored headphones. They were a cheap brand but they work. My parents have the foolish idea my pair that went missing will show up. My room is filled with portals and worm holes. Good luck finding ANYTHING in my room.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Alchemist
#677 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 9:52 PM
Christmas has made my day. I had a lovely day with my boyfriends family. It's lovely to feel loved. My Dad got me a replica of the guitar I've wanted since I was a little girl, my nephew (my boyfriends sisters tot) gave me socks that say "best auntie ever" which makes me so happy, and my boyfriend got me a love spoon (Welsh tradition) engraved with our initials and anniversary. I'm so happy to see the faces of everyone who I gave gifts to, the boyfriend is very happy with the ps4, my brother is over the moon with his camera (he deserves it, he really got his act together) and I was so happy to see my sister-in-law wearing the bracelet I got her, she said it was such a thoughtful present

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#678 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:32 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 29th Dec 2017 at 11:00 PM.
Shopping for the EPs, GPs, and SPs for The Sims 4

I was able to take advantage of the sale and got the other packs for $267 (All 4 EPs and the 4 GPs I didn't have were 50% and 25% off respectively)

I also have dinner with my father today as we usually go out for sushi around New Year's and this has been a tradition for as long as I hade been eating sushi (since I was 15). My mother is not a fan of seaweed or algae, so it's her loss.

Edit 16:45 Local time:
I had quite a fill of various sushi pieces, 6 gyoza, a bowl of miso soup and strawberry boba tea. If you're in downtown Easton, this sushi bar (Tokyo Sushi) is a must!

Either way, the side trip to the dollar store wasn't a bust. I got the organizational baskets for my bathroom and bedroom.

I feel tired but happy, because I got things done today.

Still, I hope 2018 is less painful than 2017. I'll probably be playing The Sims 4 for the last 2 days of 2017.

I also got hooked on a Danish bubblegum pop tune by the band Machoman, called Wookie Wookie, which is a song involving cooking and lovemaking. Has anyone else besides me noticed the girls have high voices and the guys have toads in their throat in Scandinavian pop bands? It may be me, but this is coming from someone who voices various characters in storyreels for her work.

For now, earworms are the least of my worries.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
#679 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:07 AM
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I discovered that if your villagers ask for fruit, you can give them bugs instead.

I shouldn't be cackling so hard...

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#680 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I discovered that if your villagers ask for fruit, you can give them bugs instead.

I shouldn't be cackling so hard...

HA-HA! It is true. Bug are our friends. I just gave a stink bug a lift via a wooden spoon from the kitchen to the living room as I don't want him in the sauce that is reserved for meatballs, not bugs that smell really bad when humans kill them.

There's no rest for the wicked
#681 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:38 AM
I try to catch and release bugs outside rather than kill them when possible. Once a plastic lawn chair got completely covered in tiny baby spiders (I guess the mom spider laid her egg sac there) so I took it out to the woods in the backyard and shook them all off.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#682 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 7:23 AM
Mosquitoes are the only bugs I'll deliberately kill if they're inside, mainly for the sake of protecting my zebra finches in case those bugs carry the West Nile virus. I lost two birds to that fatal disease over time, one who made it a good eight years and I expected longer.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Scholar
#683 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:34 AM
More like something which made my day yesterday: I managed to snag something from eBay before it got bought by 2 other people who were watching it. I collect this particular thing and I have 2 coming in the mail. I'll have 7 of them once they come! I'd really prefer not to mention exactly what it is, but all I'll say is they are HARD AS HELL to find anywhere and they aren't made anymore.
#684 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:15 PM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 2nd Jan 2018 at 1:25 AM.
Luck continuing to hold out. The radio mentioned a big province-wide snowstorm coming...on Wednesday night. My appointment is on Tuesday morning. Just a day earlier and I might've been SOL.

Leaving at 9am tomorrow morning. Don't have any sort of phone, but I'll post an update when I get home.

EDIT: Well, if the internet isn't out by then.

Alchemist
DELETED POST
2nd Jan 2018 at 10:33 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:54 AM.
This message has been deleted by PANDAQUEEN. Reason: The less said about this darkness, the better DX
Alchemist
#685 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:44 PM
I received my bath bombs and tested one in the tub with just water, I didn't get in and it was great. Whereas most bath bombs sink, this brand float in a neutrally buoyant way. It was just mesmerizing to watch it foam and disintegrate until the ring and code came to the surface in a plastic bubble. The ring value was $25 and I earned 25 points for that ring and 20 points for my first entry to try and win a ring worth between $100 and $10,000. I tried.

Alchemist
#686 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:46 PM
Received a drawing tutorial book for Pixar characters.

I had remotely shopped with the help of my father. He got me the book at a discount of $5.30 after coupon.

Alchemist
#687 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:47 AM
So okay I have to revise continuously, and that means relationship time isn't really happening at the moment. So my boyfriend has started sitting in my study, reading the books on my bookshelf, even though he hates reading. He started 'Looking for Alaska's by John Green a few days ago and he is already half way through it. He just got past the big plot twist where Alaska dies (sorry for spoilers, but cmon it's a decade old!) and I finished revising for the day. He's now sat saying "No she didn't die, it was a prank wasn't it?" And telling me he might stay up reading to finish the book. I'm so happy he enjoys one of my favourite books and that it's actually affected him.

Alchemist
#688 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:08 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Jan 2018 at 10:08 PM.
Finding a t shirt with a giddy shark saying "Feed me and tell me I'm pretty"

My food of choice is sushi. So I may likely say "Feed me sushi and tell me I'm pretty" to whatever nerd finds me fascinating.

Then again, I revised my posse. I roll with:

Scott McNeil (voice actor, Duo Maxwell in Gundam Wing)
Alice Cooper (musician whose career started in high school)
Alton Brown (chef with science knowledge)
Bill Nye (engineer and Planetary Society CEO)
Neil DeGrasse Tyson (astrophysicist and Planetary Society staff member)
Michio Kaku (futurist and author of a number of books on humanity's future)
Adam Savage (engineer and expert on clumsy and reckless behavior as performance art)
Jamie Hyneman (engineer and safety officer)
Grant Imahara (robotics engineer and former MythTern)

(I would only use my original posse if I was going to a game show for video games)

Then again I dug up research on my family's name. Turns out we were scholars amongst common folk who were able to read written language when the rest of common folk were illiterate. It might explain how I taught myself to read at a very young age and my proclivity for multilingual studies.

My parents wondered what the noise was early this morning. I was moving a 6 drawer MALM dresser. I said to them, "I can either move heavy furniture in the middle of the night or it could be dead bodies. Given that handling dead bodies has a likelihood of ptomaine poisoning, I rather move efficiently designed furniture that say, a Swede who was the victim of a personal crime drama.

(My contact in Denmark said Sweden is churning out crime dramas of all sorts and the neighboring countries' prime time TV line ups are flooded with dramas as lighthearted as Monk to dead serious as Law and Order)

Alchemist
#689 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 12:51 AM
Finding out my father's subscription to Xfinity has the Netflix app. Currently watching season 1 of The Office. My father, who worked with Microsoft (a multinational corporate entity that has the lion's share of the market) for the longest time, admitted that if there was an employee with such ineptitude as the character Michael Scott, he would be constantly in the HR office until his eventual termination.

Either way, it's nice to know that the premium channel dad went with would be an on demand app.

Alchemist
#690 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:58 AM
Calculating the needed CD sleeve binder sheets for 3 ring binders.

1 sheet holds 6 discs
10 sheets come in a pack (60 discs per pack)
I need about 14 (840 discs in the 140 sheets total)

I have some binders that are 3" and wider to accommodate the bulky dimensions from filled sheets. I can store 1-2 seasons in one sheet (the Sailor Moon Classic anime Seasons were release half a season at a time on average of 40 episodes per season. However, shows in America are usually shorter and are released in 3 disc sets with maybe 12 episodes on a dual-layer DVD)

Enough about semantics, I think I have found a solution.

#691 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:57 PM
I think this is the first time my hand tremors have stopped. Just for a short time, but they stopped.

Alchemist
#692 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 9:36 PM
Not much beyond getting things labeled and sorted. I also had soup and crackers.

Mad Poster
#693 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I think this is the first time my hand tremors have stopped. Just for a short time, but they stopped.

Onward and upward! Praise God.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Alchemist
#694 Old Yesterday at 4:46 PM
Went to the American store today and ended up spending about £15 on soda. There were so many different Fanta and mountain dew flavours. There was other stuff too, but me and my boyfriend love mountain dew so we got: 2x code red, 2x DewSA, 2x voltage, 2x live wire, 1x pitch black (I don't like grape), then 2 Pepsi fire and a glass bottle of Fanta Strawberry imported from Mexico (although I presume it tastes the same/similar as the American Fanta strawberry.

I'm currently drinking the pepsi fire. I don't usually drink pepsi but this is really good. I love cinnamon. Also I've missed importing my drinks... Makes me want to visit America again.

Alchemist
#695 Old Yesterday at 8:41 PM
Reading a book about tree biology with my father written by a forest ranger from Central Germany. The ideas presented include:

*Trees produce minor electrical pulses
*Trees can actually transmit signals to other trees that helps local trees from being eaten

And the crusher for vegans:

*Trees, as well as fruits and vegetables emit a high frequency scream that certain animals can hear, particularly when distressed.

The guy was a forest ranger for 20 years and he's spent enough time around trees to have a better respect for our long-lived plant brethren.

#696 Old Yesterday at 9:15 PM
The book I ordered for Christmas came! It wasn't supposed to be here until the 28th. So I'm happy.

Page 28 of 28