Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#326 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 5:19 PM
as an answer to all who are having problems with the name of their career:

to fix that go to catalog description in SimPE (it says catalog description in the same place you found "object data", "text lists", "behavior functions (bcon)", etc.). Then click on the only file there, and it should show you in plug-in view a bunch of lines. One says "servants". Just change that to the name of your career, commit, save, and you're done!

sorry if that was confusing, and hope it helped!

also, how do you change the days the sims go to work? does anyone know?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 5:20 PM
This ISN'T very helpful. I am an ABSERLOUTE beginner and I've never used SimPE before. This doesn't help! I'm not even told where and how to save the base career package. Your writing for people like me yet I can't even get over the first hurdle.

:-(
Test Subject
#328 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 10:41 PM Last edited by genericusername001 : 28th Apr 2009 at 4:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kittentail
i wrote all ten chance cards but ther's only 9 sets of slots in my SimPE is my SimPE dodgy or do i have to add the slots myself?

i have this same problem there is only enough room for 9 chance cards. When i was first making them i totally forgot about level 9 and wrote the level 10 chance card in the strings for the level 9 one and didn't realize this till i tested it in game and the level 10 card showed up for the 9th job level and the one for the 10th job level was just blank, so i went back into simpe, added more strings and moved my level 10 card text into them and put the level 9 one where it belonged. i tested it again though and it's the same as it was- job level 10 has a blank chance card and job level 9 has the one for level 10

does anyone know how to fix this so my level 9 card will show up and the level 10 one will go where it belongs?

EDIT: i fixed this using the bidou career editor

Quote: Originally posted by aceprettyme
This ISN'T very helpful. I am an ABSERLOUTE beginner and I've never used SimPE before. This doesn't help! I'm not even told where and how to save the base career package. Your writing for people like me yet I can't even get over the first hurdle.

:-(

extract the files to your desktop with winrar, then double click the one with a yellow s icon to open it in simpe. when you're done editing it, copy the files and paste them into your downloads folder (My Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2>Downloads) to make the career show up in your game
Field Researcher
#329 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 4:25 PM
how to change the chance getting chance card
example i wan level 1 will got 80% chance to get the card
level 2 will got 0% chance o get the card
Test Subject
#330 Old 6th May 2009 at 4:16 AM Last edited by Runey676 : 6th May 2009 at 10:28 PM.
Quote:
Test at this point to make sure it all works, To do this just add the career to your downloads folder!

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm new to this, so I'll ask it anyway. Where and what is the downloads folder? I'm not sure if you mean some Sims 2 downloads folder or a different one. (Using Vista and Sims 2 without expansions). I checked and under EA Games\The Sims 2\ there is no downloads folder.
Test Subject
#331 Old 7th May 2009 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Runey676
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm new to this, so I'll ask it anyway. Where and what is the downloads folder? I'm not sure if you mean some Sims 2 downloads folder or a different one. (Using Vista and Sims 2 without expansions). I checked and under EA Games\The Sims 2\ there is no downloads folder.

have you ever made a download?

35% of people watching T.V. yell at it.
Test Subject
#332 Old 7th May 2009 at 7:54 PM
Careers
I dont know if im supposed to be posting here or not...as i am new to this but i had an idea for a new career and i have never made any type of download. I was wondering if anyone can instruct me on how to make my idea or just any advoce period.. i would really appreciate it
Theorist
#333 Old 10th May 2009 at 11:51 AM Last edited by Zinthos : 10th May 2009 at 1:47 PM.
There isn't a space for the 10th chance card... D:
Help!

EDIT:
And I don't know how to set the days my Sims go to work...

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Test Subject
#334 Old 13th May 2009 at 10:01 AM Last edited by violetatkinson27 : 13th May 2009 at 3:48 PM.
Problem!
... I went on custom careers for beginners and downloaded the template career and it opens in SimPE fine but when i come to it, i am unable to click on the text lists. What do i do?
Lab Assistant
#335 Old 30th May 2009 at 10:51 PM
hi um, when i am done where do i save it?
Test Subject
#336 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:32 PM
I made custom career using this tutorial. everything works fine besides getting paid. i did everythign i was instructed to do with wages however in the game altohugh it displays a salary, i dont make any money, like there no message said 'X returned from work and made 40$' or no messages for promotion hence i dont make any money..
i sort of skipped the chance card stuff, because i was just testing, but would that have to do something with it?
Test Subject
#337 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:10 PM
Hi, I was wondering if I can save my creation to work on it at later times? I don't think I should leave it open, and it would really help if I knew how to safely save it. Also, when I open SimPE nothing appears and I have to redownload your template and start all over. Also, when I create a new GUID, it won't let me log in, and I have to always create a new user (even though it still clearly remembers the username). What I mean is, it won't let me type in a User GUID, and after typing in my username and password, only the "register new user" button is available to click and not the "register object" button (until I make a new account). Can anyone help me with this? For this reason, I'm trying to make a whole career in pretty much one day. Thanks!
Test Subject
#338 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 12:06 AM
Oh! I have another question! Umm.... how should I type the stuff into the boxes? Should I type it all in one line or on different line....Also, why can't there be a copy and paste (not really a question, sorry...I just am annoyed I have to retype EVERYTHING, lol)? And I did notice that I only counted 9 option sections as well, but I'll look through the forums to see if I can't find anything. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#339 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 12:54 AM Last edited by spiritcat2 : 14th Aug 2009 at 4:23 PM. Reason: In all my questions, I forgot to mention,this, lol.
Default Thanks for your great tutorial!
Okay, I figured some stuff out on my own, and it just took a matter of looking through the thread. I figured out how to enter the information into the strings and boxes (each thing has its own separate string and doesn't just go all on one (especially not the first that says "0")). Am I right? Then, I remembered that you can copy and paste without the mouse (I thought it wouldn't work at first AND forgot the one for paste), which was ctrl+c for copy and ctrl+v for paste (which I thought was ctrl+p, lol, so I looked it up). Next, someone recommended just clicking an "add" button that was apparently in the program in case you wanted to add a chance card for the tenth career level. I'm going to try that next, but I think I'm right. Am I? I for one like to have a chance card for all my careers' level, and for this one, I think the tenth is especially the most epic. At least it has a cool scene in it. Well, thanks for not responding in like 2 hours (not complaining at all, I know people can't be doing something ALL THE TIME, lol ), because figuring things out myself will probably help me to better remember it. I still need help with my earlier question about the User registration and GUIDs though. And I just clicked File Save and then let it commit the thingy to resources or whatever, lol.

Thanks for the great tutorial, by the way! I had to figure some things out on my own because I don't want to wait however long for a reply, but usually they were just things I didn't see written down here. You deserve a hundred cookies, lol. :D
Test Subject
#340 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:28 PM
what does the DESC box do? please explain more hehee

Br!ttn! Dan!elle :)

(:
Test Subject
#341 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:35 PM
Default Don't type in it, lol, in case you don't know.
Well, I can't EXACTLY tell you what it does, but in my version of SimPE, it mentions something about an unemployed position. This means it probably has something to do with that, as well as the 0x0 line. Always start at 0x1, unless told otherwise. I don't know if that helped you out at all, but I hope that it did. Also, in order to actually SAVE all the work you've done, you have to hit "commit" and THEN save. If it asks whether or not you want to commit the resources to the file, click YES. I had to figure that out on my own, as I don't remember seeing it in the tutorial. In fact, most of my questions from above have been answered by myself, except for a few.

Of course it's going to be in the last place you look, because you're not exactly going to keep searching for it after you've found it, now are you?

Having multiple personalities just means that I have more CHARACTER than you.
Test Subject
#342 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 4:08 AM
Can anyone help me? I'm working on an aviation career track, and I'm working on adding in the chance card for the 9th job, Pilot. I entered the options and choice A, good and bad, and everything was going well, but when I tried to enter the good B choice, it went in, and then when I went back to it it was gone. It wouldn't stay in the box. Has this happened to anyone?
Field Researcher
#343 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 9:07 PM
Cool,I've been wanting to make a career for Marsha Bruenig. =]

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Test Subject
#344 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:56 PM Last edited by A.Person : 6th Sep 2009 at 4:50 PM. Reason: Added how to change work days
Most of these answers are too late to be of use to the authors, but I think it could still benefit people.

Quote:
i wrote all ten chance cards but ther's only 9 sets of slots in my SimPE is my SimPE dodgy or do i have to add the slots myself?
Click on the last slot, then click Add (or "Add String" for older versions) 12 times (until the # column says "0x008A (138)".)

Quote:
... I went on custom careers for beginners and downloaded the template career and it opens in SimPE fine but when i come to it, i am unable to click on the text lists. What do i do?
The template career is the one in the rar that you have to extract. Are you sure you downloaded it correctly?
Quote:
Hi, I was wondering if I can save my creation to work on it at later times?
Ctrl+S.

Quote:
what does the DESC box do? please explain more hehee
It's a description. Modifying that box doesn't change anything in game; it's used to provide helpful information.

-----------------------------
To change the days you work, you have to go to Tuning - Work Day Flags. Start with a base of zero. If you want to work on Monday, add 1. If you want to work on Tuesday, add 2. If you want to work on Wednesday, add 4. Continue through the days using successive powers of 2.

Example: I want to work on Monday, Thursday, and Weekends. So I put 1 + 8 + 32 + 64 = 105.
Test Subject
#345 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 2:58 PM
I have read through all posts and questions etc on this page and no one has answered a question quite a few people have asked: How can you get an outcome of the chance cards to be firing. Say my person had done a job badly in their first level of the career cpold ypu put - job level or what?

Plese could someone help as soon as possible, I am still writing the chance cards though. :¬*
Test Subject
#346 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 11:22 PM Last edited by A.Person : 28th Sep 2009 at 11:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lorit
I have read through all posts and questions etc on this page and no one has answered a question quite a few people have asked: How can you get an outcome of the chance cards to be firing. Say my person had done a job badly in their first level of the career cpold ypu put - job level or what?

Plese could someone help as soon as possible, I am still writing the chance cards though. :¬*

When I was answering, I didn't encounter this question. :S
I hope I'm not too late for yours though.

For promotions/demotions through chance cards, set the job level to the future job level in relation to the current one.

example career:

1. Sous Chef; 2. Head Chef; 3. Iron Chef.
Sous Chef Chance Card {Choice A Bad: Fired | Choice A Good: Promoted to Iron Chef}

For A Bad, in the job level box, put a -1, because you're going from 1 to 0 (unemployed). For A Good, put a 2, because you're going from 1 to 3.

Hope it cleared things up (if I wasn't too late.)
Test Subject
#347 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 5:13 AM
Hey how do you make a little icon for your career i'm really curious on how to do so?
Test Subject
#348 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsforeverXD
Hey how do you make a little icon for your career i'm really curious on how to do so?

I'm not completely sure what you mean...
if you mean the icon that you see when you go to the career and skills page, then that's easy:
First, find an image you want. Resize this down to 40x41 (Width of 40, Height of 41) and save as a jpg.
Then, go to SimPE and find "jpg/tga/png Image (IMG)." Right-click the first instance (0x1) and choose "Replace...". Then find your image and select that. Repeat this for the third instance (0x3). This should replace the icon.

Bonne chance!
Test Subject
#349 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 6:33 AM
Hey A.P Thanks so much. But does the icon have to be black or blue? Or does it do it automaticly or somin?
Test Subject
#350 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 9:12 PM
No prob.

The icon doesn't have to be a certain colour (the one included in this file is multicoloured), but if you want to go with the game's colour scheme then you should do it in blue. (Not that I ever do. :P)
Page 14 of 17