Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 6:51 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 21st Apr 2017 at 12:38 AM.
Default Invisible plumbbob and buy free clothes
Hey guys. My google-fu is lacking at the moment and I think these two are things a lot of people already use and know about, so I'm hoping you are okay with me asking for help to find them rather than keep looking myself.

1. I am tired of entering my alias for plumbbobs off on every lot. Time to find a default replacement that removes the plumbbob over Sims' head. Anyone know of one?

2. I could have sworn there's some kind of modded object that lets you buy clothes for free on residential lots. I tried Pescado's clothing tool but that one charged money, and I would prefer to not have to go through all clothing categories when I only want one. Any of you remember which object it is that lets you buy for free at home? Feels like it was some kind of clothing rack... hm. And yes, I know I could just give them the money, but I'd rather not have to do that work-around if possible. Gets tiresome doing it for every YA when they turn adult and suddenly forget their entire wardrobe at campus.

Thanks a bunch :lovestruc

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 7:01 PM
Buy clothes for free: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=225251
No plumbbobs: https://www.mediafire.com/?whby5s8elj34c (scroll down a bit. There are two versions: only sims and I think the other one removes the plumbbobs that show the occupied lots. Pick up the one you want)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I tried Pescado's clothing tool but that one charged money, and I would prefer to not have to go through all clothing categories when I only want one.

If all you want to do is change the current outfit settings, Pescado's Clothing Tool will let you do that without having to buy anything or change all the categories at once. Click "Change My..." and then click which category you want to change (formal, outerwear, etc.). This will change your sims current outfit for only that one category and costs nothing.

You may have to have your sim change to another category and back either with a dresser or with the Clothing Tool's "Dress Me In .." option for the new outfit to update your sim's appearance. (For example, have your sim change from everyday to swimsuit and back to everyday for the new everyday clothes to appear on the sim.)

Note that this REPLACES the old outfit with the new one. If you want to keep both the old and new outfits, you'll have to buy them using a mod like the one Velvetina suggested.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 9:01 PM
Yeah, I know about change my but like you said it replaces, it does not give them additional outfits. Sometimes helpful when Sims grow up into horrid outfits, but not very useful for re-buying clothing they should already have.

Thanks velvetina!

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#5 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 1:07 AM Last edited by PenelopeT : 21st Apr 2017 at 1:21 AM.
Christianlov's Sim Boutique Clothing Rack http://modthesims.info/d/284411. You can buy (and change) townies clothing for free too. If memory serves (just got back into playing my game after a lengthy hiatus and it's been awhile since I've actually used this), you have to choose the purchase for free option.

Edit: Just popped in-game to check out the settings. When you click on the rack, choose 'Options' then click 'Turn on free clothing' (good grief...I forgot the exact wording just that fast ). Your sims can then shop (for free) until their heart is content.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
Buy clothes for free: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=225251
No plumbbobs: https://www.mediafire.com/?whby5s8elj34c (scroll down a bit. There are two versions: only sims and I think the other one removes the plumbbobs that show the occupied lots. Pick up the one you want)
I use both. If I want to toggle the occupied lots version on for some reason, I just disable the package file before I go into the game, otherwise they're always in there and I never have to deal with plumbbobs anywhere. I wish I could get rid of the speech bubbles without turning them off at each lot.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 11:58 PM
Does the hideheadlines cheat not work in a userstartup.cheat?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 12:04 AM
Nysha, yes it works, but it's still not automatic. I have mine in as...

alias sh- "showheadlines off"
alias sh "showheadlines on"

I don't know if there is a way of disabling it permanently. If there is, I'd love to know too.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 12:27 AM
You mean..making aliases of this cheat works, but the cheat itself in a userstartup. cheat does not..if you still have to type it/enable it for every houses, everytime..or am I just not getting it?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 11:02 AM
The on/off toggle cheats often don't work as a straight cheat in the config files (userstartup), you have to enter them every time you play. I only use showheadlines off once in a while when I'm taking pictures usually - my alias, as all my aliases are, is a single letter: h- or h to turn it back on (like I ever do that).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc