Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 1:34 PM
Here there's also a law that forbids selling alcohol to a party with a minor in it. I always wonder how that's enforced. Does that mean that a parent doing the weekly shop with their child won't be allowed to buy alcohol?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'd like to know why Elderhood (vanilla game) starts at approximately 46? I mean, my god, most real people aren't even grown up enough at 45 to be adults, let alone elders!

Another one that really gets in my craw-why do 'elders' have to look and act like they're about ready to keel over no matter how 'elderly' they are! Not everyone becomes a senile idiot the minute they hit 65, let alone 46 in the game!

Okay! What youngster clicked disagree? Point him out so I can hit him with my gauldarned cane!!!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#103 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
How do you harvest a buncha tomatoes, stick 'em in an emptied-out fridge, and be able to serve meals of hamburgers, salmon, and turkey?

Artistically sliced tomatoes colored by food colors and flavoured to resemble them.
Scholar
#104 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Here there's also a law that forbids selling alcohol to a party with a minor in it. I always wonder how that's enforced. Does that mean that a parent doing the weekly shop with their child won't be allowed to buy alcohol?

I'm not sure how Florida goes about enforcing this, but the UK has the same law. In their case, it only counts if a) the minor appears likely to be one of the purchasers, rather than someone just tagging along (an appearance which can occur if the minor is a teen, especially if the parent looks young) or b) the parent outright says they're purchasing for the minor (believe it or not, some parents do make this mistake). The rule is really more designed for mixed-age groups of friends, rather than for the parent/child situation, but parent/child shoppers can find themselves hit with the same problem if unlucky.

I'd like to know why Elderhood (vanilla game) starts at approximately 46? I mean, my god, most real people aren't even grown up enough at 45 to be adults, let alone elders!

Another one that really gets in my craw-why do 'elders' have to look and act like they're about ready to keel over no matter how 'elderly' they are! Not everyone becomes a senile idiot the minute they hit 65, let alone 46 in the game!

Yes, there doesn't seem to be much concept of "mid-lifing gracefully" in The Sims! I tend to assume Sims are not humans and this is why they age so fast after they cease to be teenagers, but the extra 28 years of university makes things more realistic again (46 + 28 = 74 for starting elderhood and anything up to 94 for ending it, minus elixir)... ...even if I somehow have to square the notion that four-year university courses last 28 years...
Mad Poster
#105 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote:

That's a tricky one-you have to trust & believe that the adult in the party is aware of the law, and is not purchasing it for consumption by a minor. Or in my opinion, get the boss to do the sale. Let them make the final decision.

Because I've seen the scenario of kids trying to get adults to buy them beer or whatever. If we catch them doing it, we refuse to sell it. Kids are cannier now..they let the adult go in alone and they're off the premises. Can't see or control what goes on after it leaves the store, you know..

However, it also carries over into my game, personally-believe it or not. I usually have a beer store in the game, and I will ban all teen and YA's from it. Talk about life imitating pixel reality! I don't want the pixel cops coming in to bust everyone for underage selling!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#106 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:01 PM
Yeah..that's a tough one sometimes.
I had funny things happened to me at times, such as this. : A teen wants to buy cigarettes. I refuse after seeing her ID's...She is pissed, and leave.
5 minutes later, she comes back with her mom, who asks for the same brand cigarettes the teen previously asked, and another brand. I had to refuse that one too.
The mom was pissed..but I did my job.
Over here, it is the manager who gets the blame. The employee would just get a little warning...But the manager could make his/her boss lose the right/license to sell tobacco or alcohol...
At times, it is easy and obvious. Other times...you wish you stayed home today.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#107 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Artistically sliced tomatoes colored by food colors and flavoured to resemble them.

*shudders*
Mad Poster
#108 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 1:10 AM
What confuses me:

1. When they own their own car, and there is 7 people in the family, they all climb in the front seat.
2. The same family, climbing in cab, climb into the front seat.
3. Same family car pooling, climb in the back seat.
4. I just started using this option and noticed that it takes one hour for them to get to work but only 2 or 3 minutes to get home.
Mad Poster
#109 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
it takes one hour for them to get to work but only 2 or 3 minutes to get home.

This is the funniest part.

Field Researcher
#110 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 2:48 AM
If The Sims 2 is 50 years after The Sims 3 why TS2 has more outdated tech and fashion than TS3
Mad Poster
#111 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyPurpleB
If The Sims 2 is 50 years after The Sims 3 why TS2 has more outdated tech and fashion than TS3

Over 20 years ago I was one of first who had a cellphone. All my coworkers thought I was snob. Now I am trying to avoid cellphones.
And as we all know fashion goes in circles, at times any forgotten detail comes back to be ultramodern.
Mad Poster
#112 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:33 AM
However, it also carries over into my game, personally-believe it or not. I usually have a beer store in the game, and I will ban all teen and YA's from it. Talk about life imitating pixel reality! I don't want the pixel cops coming in to bust everyone for underage selling!

I would have thought most YAs would be over 18. High school here finishes at 17/18.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 5:34 AM
They are, but alcohol is only sold to humans over 21 in most states...and I think most pixel YA's are under the age for at least 3 years before they can buy it legally, if you apply normal human age to them: they graduate from HS at 18, and have to go to college for 4 years, so they're technically under the age limit for the majority of their YA status. (not that it's ever stopped any real life kid in college..)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#114 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 7:47 AM
Well I don't live in a state lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#115 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I'll be 43 this summer..and when I visit the U.S., I get asked for ID's when i buy a bottle of wine. Back home here, when I pick up the phone I get asked..: Hi! Can I speak with your mom or dad please?
I totally agree with you two...

You could have such fun with that, particularly if they're telemarketers which they probably are.

"No, my parents are out and I'm too busy burning the house down to talk to you."
Mad Poster
#116 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 8:54 AM
Don't you worry, I had my fun..a few times.

Page 5 of 5