Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:06 PM
Default How do you feel about homosexuality?
Lately, I have been seeing post after post on several different websites and forums bashing the gay community. Some using God as a means to get their point across, and some just sticking to name calling and feeling down right good about themselves. Quite frankly, I am tired. I am an openly bisexual woman and proud of it. I will do anything to fend for myself and the community in which i serve. But I am SOOO tired of all this gay bashing going on. If it's not people saying that homosexuals are going to hell then it's "I will kill my child if they are EVER gay!" I am just not understanding. Homosexuals are humans too, just a different lifestyle. So this is the debate, how do you feel about the homosexual community and your thoughts about them.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:09 PM
I think humans are very complex sexual beings, and as such they are only limited really by society and its morals. I'm straight myself, but I've been friends with a lot of gay and bisexual people enough to feel pretty comfortable with it. It really doesn't bother me in the slightest!
Banned
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:09 PM
While I feel positively about a good portion of the community, I being a gay male despise the rest. Gay pride parades...hate them they need to just stop, I'm tired of the stereotype being fueled by the parades, the parades just scream the stereotype and flaming queens.
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:10 PM
I HATE people who have something against gay people.. Personally, I think people should have a right to love who they want.
My mother is a teacher and a girl went to talk to her because she is confused about her sexuality and was too scared to tell her parents because they dont support homosexuality.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:12 PM
That's the same way I feel... Although I do attend gay pride whenever I possibly can, but I feel that people need to understand, just because you reference the bible, that doesn't mean you change who we are and what we are living!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:14 PM
I don't completley agree with homosexuality, but I don't have anything against homosexuals. I've had great gay friends. Whenever anyone bashes them and hates against them, I get pretty ticked off. They aren't being holy by doing so-- in fact they're being quite the opposite. God says to love everyone as yourself...not hate people who have different beliefs than you or you don't agree with.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alliemarie2323
I don't completley agree with homosexuality, but I don't have anything against homosexuals. I've had great gay friends. Whenever anyone bashes them and hates against them, I get pretty ticked off. They aren't being holy by doing so-- in fact they're being quite the opposite. God says to love everyone as yourself...not hate people who have different beliefs than you or you don't agree with.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of homosexuality do you not agree with?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:33 PM
As a gay male, I'm also sick of the homophobia, the gay pride parades fueling the homophobes' hate, everything about gay hate. It's tiresome and idiotic to dislike or fear someone because they like the same sex.

Just for the record, homosexuality is not a 'lifestyle', it's a sexuality. I serously CANNOT STAND IT when people say that; saying lifestyle makes it sound as if we chose being gay, which we didn't. Is heterosexuality a lifestyle? No. So why would non-hetero be?

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:59 PM
I don't like homosexuals.
The reasoning is because, all of the gays I've met act like they are so special because, they aren't like the people around them.
Also guys gain the annoying lisp. There is this one guy that I knew/know, he was weird, I never thought of him gay, but now two years later he is in full make-up and dyed odd colored hair.
If you are born a boy, act like one. Be gay, but act like a boy.
Same for a girl. Born a girl, stay womanly.
The world isn't asking everyone to act a certain way, but act the way you were born to be.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Just for the record, homosexuality is not a 'lifestyle', it's a sexuality. I serously CANNOT STAND IT when people say that; saying lifestyle makes it sound as if we chose being gay, which we didn't. Is heterosexuality a lifestyle? No. So why would non-hetero be?

Exactly! Also, homosexual does NOT EQUAL pedophile! The only time I've ever wanted a twelve year old, is when I was twelve!

*deleted* (summary: Rant,Rant,Rant!!!)

The thing is, nowadays it's only the truly stupid and ignorant that still have issues. For the ignorant, there's the hope of education. For the stupid, there is no hope. Stupidity is forever.

Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's
The reasoning is because, all of the gays I've met act like they are so special because, they aren't like the people around them.
Also guys gain the annoying lisp. There is this one guy that I knew/know, he was weird, I never thought of him gay, but now two years later he is in full make-up and dyed odd colored hair.
The world isn't asking everyone to act a certain way, but act the way you were born to be.

Exibit A.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pux
Also guys gain the annoying lisp.

They 'gain' the annoying lisp?

lol... umm.. excuse you but perhaps that's just how they talk?
People don't wake up one morning and decide... let me have a "lisp" for the rest of my life.
I know and grew up with a lot of people who had the lisp since they were a kid. So your statement about act the way you were born to be is so contradicting.

Obvious your oblivious to the whole idea that homosexuals (males in particular) are genetically different then heterosexual males... so... in reality they WERE born that way.

And yeah. Another reality check... maybe the reason why gay people around you act like they are so special and different is because you make them feel that way. Just a thought.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:21 PM
I have no promblem with homosexuals. It's their life and they can chose to love/like whoever they want. It's like a smoker saying 'why are you gay?' and them they reply 'why do you smoke?' - They all have a choice, no one control that choice but the person themselves. They have the right to be gay as much as a person smoking. (btw; just using smoking as example) Theres a boy in my maths class who says he's bisexual, everyone really horrilbe to him and making sneer remarks like "so which boy in the room isd the fittest" or "have you even tried girls?" It just bugs me so much. It's his decsision, he has the right, just like everyone else. Theres alot more homosexuals in the community nowadays and i think the 'omg- that person is gay' has died down (we had to research this in history). Anyway, oveall i have no problems with gay people.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:22 PM
I have nothing against homosexuality, people should be able to have sex with whomever they want as long as it's consensual and legal. The only thing bothering me is that everyone makes such a big deal out of it and stating it like it's their greatest achievement. With many people, I actually think it's a fashion trend and they have nothing else more interesting to say about them except the fact that they are gay. I don't want to hear that just as much as I don't want to hear that so and so famous person got a new lover. There's this gay show host on TV in my country, he makes a point of declaring he's gay like amost every show, and his show is daily. Who cares about that?! Does everyone else declare on national TV their sexual preferences?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's

That's very stereotypical- just because a man is gay it doesn't mean he will develop a lisp and wear makeup. And women don't automatically lose their femininity if they are lesbian.
Also, I have a gay friend who says he WAS born the way he is.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:25 PM
I am bi-sexual turned straight, HAHA. I love gay people and all that are or want to be. Be who you are, what you want to be and definitely don't give two sh**s what anyone else has to say about it.

One thing that made me and some people living in this house a tad bit upset was the whole prop 8 thing (California). My brother-in-law is gay and my mother-in-law and father-in-law voted yes(or was it no? whichever one was against gays being able to get married and whatnot) on it because it was against their belief but yet they cheat on each other and do so many things worse but they couldn't accept this one thing. I guess it's only convenient when it's about them. Some people I swear don't have their heads screwed on right. LOL.
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:29 PM
Pux, you're telling people to not be themselves. "act" like a boy, "act" like a girl. There isn't one way for every human on the planet to act. How does a woman act anyway? Does that mean I need to give up my computer games and action movies now? Never should have touched my brother's LEGO? Not have preferred Transformers cartoons over My Little Pony? Nobody is the same. That particular person maybe acted like that, maybe they were being themselves or maybe they were acting out (that also happens). You don't know which one it is. The thing is that you're stereotyping an entire group of people based on how one of them you happened to know acts? And really, the things you describe, straight people can act like that too certainly. It's not a sexuality thing. Sexuality doesn't govern how you act except for who you develop fuzzy feelings for, nothing more.

As to the main topic. How I feel? Should I feel anything special? People are people regardless of their sexuality. It's not my business what anyone else feels or does in their lives unless they're my friend or relative (in which case it's only my business from a being supportive standpoint, not my business to stick my nose where it doesn't belong). I don't really think about this, why should it matter what someone's sexuality is? Does my life have an impact on yours? Am I flirting with you? No? Then what does my (or anyone else's) sexuality have to do with anything.

(The short answer is, I think homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality, heterosexuality and everything else in between is just the way people are. Normal)
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ::Simstress::
They 'gain' the annoying lisp?

lol... umm.. excuse you but perhaps that's just how they talk?
People don't wake up one morning and decide... let me have a "lisp" for the rest of my life.

My cousin's half-brother talked like your average male.
Now he was the 'lisp'.

Quote: Originally posted by London~Taylor
So this is the debate, how do you feel about the homosexual community and your thoughts about them.

I'm stating my feelings on the topic.
No need to go all evil.
No one has your exact thoughts. Humans are entitled to their own opinions.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

#18 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:38 PM
Oooh how so much easier life world would be if they had my exact thoughts. *lol* ... kidding.

But considering this is a debate topic... I'm debating your views. No hard feelings about it but I just think your views on this topic is a little closed minded.

You don't like homosexuals because they think they are different, talk funny and they don't conform to gender stereotypes? m'kay... got yah... real valid reasons.

Edit I don't know about your cousins half brother but maybe you just started noticing the way he talked since he came out. That's a theory
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:47 PM
That's my thing... Why is it so BIG on a homosexual, but when it comes down to some REAL issues, those are not faced? People with closed mindedness is voicing their opinions that the "minority" doesn't have a voice. All beaming down to it, I just want to know, why are homosexuals so different from hetrosexuals... If you ask me we are not different... Together we are all the same!

If all that makes since then YAY! But it sounded so much better in my head!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:56 PM
Well, I am a bisexual woman, so I have nothing against homosexuals. But I do sort of feel sorry for people who see their sexuality as an achievement, and never stop mentioning it (like crocobaurawas saying), just because I think that there is so much more to life than the sexuality you happen to be born with! I am quite happy to be bisexual, it works for me and I have a lot of fun with it, but it isn't the defining thing about me, nor is it something that I worked towards! (Like, for example, my degree, or my good relationships with family and friends). So I don't generally go about shouting about it, and I've never quite understood people who do.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 12:08 AM
I agree with crocobaura. Many people who are bisexual and homosexual are ridiculously in your face about it and in some way are their own worst enemy. "We want homosexuality to be normal!" Well, stop going on about it then!

Did anyone see Louis Thereoux's Most hated family in America? If not, look on youtube. People like that make me sick to my stomach.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by London~Taylor
If you don't mind me asking, what part of homosexuality do you not agree with?

I just think that if man were made to be with man, and woman with woman, then there would either be one gender, or homosexuals would be able to reproduce. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that they have feelings for each other. But, females were designed to be mans wife, and vice versa.

Pux- I totally get what you mean about the 'lisp', most gay males seem to talk different. However, I wouldn't use that term to describe it. My little brother has a lisp, and he does not sound anywhere near gay. To me, it sounds like they are just trying to sound more feminine, like a lesbian might deepen her voice a bit to show masculinity.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 12:18 AM
^^ I do agree with the voice thing though- all gay men i've seen on tv (corrnation street:P) and know i real life speak in a 'high pitched'[?] tone. I have nothing wrong with it- it's just something ive noticed.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kitkat3195
Did anyone see Louis Thereoux's Most hated family in America? If not, look on youtube. People like that make me sick to my stomach.

OMG, that really pissed me off... Like I am so UPSET after seeing that... I don't even want to continue on with this subject...

Also alliemarie2323 but is it not also true that God made all people in his image?

Oh, also what I should bring up, NOT ALL males have a higher pitch voice. Also, not all females deepen their voices... I think all that is just sterotypical...
Instructor
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 12:51 AM
I try to avoid debates and anything that is potential negative in the community (RL or online), but this topic drew me in.
I have to say this, if you love someone whole heartedly it should not matter what sex they are. As long as it is not a animal or a food, you should be able to love them unconditionally and even marry them, if you feel marriage is right for you. The whole gay/bisexual thing should not be feared nor hated on. It is who they are and it's nothing a religion nor a government can change, religion and government cannot change people liking the color orange, and to me it is about the same. No one knows exactly why people are made the way they are, but we are all the same if you melt us down and look at whats left. Ignorance is a huge problem with the fear and haters in the world and they are too stubborn to listen and learn that gays aren't any different then anyone else.
I accept and understand anyone who has crossed my path regardless of thier religions or sexuality- I just wish everyone else would.

Page 1 of 17