Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 2:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Speed okay at first, then suddenly lags...
This is happened almost everytime I run the game. The game starts off at a decent speed, then usually after about an hour it starts to suddenly lag. Everything just suddenly slows down. Sometimes it only takes about 15 mins for the lag to start. The game is patched and the only mod I have is the awesome mod from MATY but I tried running it without it and it still has the lag. I have 1 GB of ram by the way. If I close the game and restart it the speed is okay again, but it still lags after a while. What's causing it?

Oh if it helps to know here are some specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.4GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 530MB used, 1930MB available
Description: SoundMAX HD Audio
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS (GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS)
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:48 AM
That GPU isn't strong enough to handle the game well and you're low on RAM. Your lagging is expected.

If it starts off better and gets worse it could be due to a heat issue but it could also just be your less than ideal system.

If you want to check for heat, please download and run this program:http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php Leave it running while you attempt to play the game, and it will automatically record the maximum temperature your hardware reaches while you are gaming. Ideally you want to play -at least- 20minutes, but if you're having problems later on I'd say play until you get the lag and then you can exit. Screencap the results (print screen and paste into photo program) and post them here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:29 PM
Here:

shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:22 PM
WOW! :o Your GPU is REALLY overheating. I've never actually seen one get that hot before.. Your CPU is also about 27C higher than it should be.. that's a mess.. Running your computer at those temps is causing permanent damage. You gotta get those temps down NOW or your computer isn't going to last much longer.

Try cleaning it for dust. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...nboard_Graphics Part of this guide talks about how to do that safely. I would also do some wire management while you're in there. If you open it up to a tangle of wires then that can also obstruct airflow. Make sure all fans are actually spinning too.. those temps are really extreme.. I question if all your cooling options in that case are even working.