Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 3688 (Who?), Viewed: 130377 times.
Page 148 of 148
Field Researcher
#3676 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 1:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
What happened? Why are they so valuable now? They are just bits of code, right?

I have no idea,the same reason why we didn't buy them in the first place)
Theorist
#3677 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 6:19 PM
Really wishing the new Nintendo 3DS XL was backwards compatible beyond the DS.

Wish I didn't screw up my temporary tattoo adhesive sheet transfer. It either smudged or wrinkled. 4 of 14 sheets printed, 3 out of 4 ruined.

Wishes console backwards compatibility was more compatible for end user capabilities

(Weird, I was articulate on that last one.)

Either way, just beat up with my plans ruined for any attempt to build "The Machine". It's gonna need one hell of a cooling system, a switch board within and a bank of controller ports for wired controllers and receiver units for wireless controllers. The multidrive would need to handle each specific type of cartridges, discs and cards.

Personally, merging tons of various machines would be my dopest opus dei, but I think looking over hardware is in order.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Scholar
#3678 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 5:18 AM
Gosh I can't stand this. I won't say what I'm referring to, but my gosh it's just eating me away. Oh well. I know it'll never change, so why the hell should I even bother? I mean, I'm not delusional! I know it'll never happen.
Alchemist
#3679 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:13 PM
Still no internet. (Thank god the boyfriend let me use the last of his phone's data)
Plus because now I live in the middle of nowhere and have to walk far to get anywhere, I'm basically trapped in the house because of the weather. I couldn't go to uni today. This marks the second day off in the whole of my academic career (or at least throughout my BSc and MSc... I was barely there in high school!). I was sad to miss my last Clinical Neuro lecture. I got an A on the mid-term though.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
DELETED POST
8th Dec 2017 at 9:18 PM
This message has been deleted by DJ.. Reason: vent'd
Scholar
DELETED POST
8th Dec 2017 at 10:43 PM
This message has been deleted by frogz2007. Reason: Jeez. that didn't last long.
Scholar
#3680 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:20 AM
Back. I always do this... I always like to say crap out of pure anger and I never think about it before doing so. I'm still pretty pissed off, but oh well... It's fine.
Theorist
#3681 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:42 AM
So my metformin no longer works. I'm stuck with exercise routines because the only other solution for weight loss and PCOS requires a needle stabbed in a vein in my hand and injecting a gradually increased dose of medicine every morning and I'm about as precise as shooting a fish in a barrel where I have a small percentage of hitting the vein and would end up disrupting something in my hand.

You think modern medicine would have a more sanitary and non-invasive way of delivery of the medicine.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Scholar
#3682 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 5:55 AM
I took metformin for something which I have and it never worked for me. It's not PCOS, but is something different (I don't wanna mention it publicly).
Field Researcher
#3683 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:48 AM
I just dyed my hair- it was supposed to be from dark brown to cherry brown. It is now slightly darker brown judging by my wet hair. Wet hair almost looks black, and my normal hair is usually the color of dark chocolate when wet. Guess I'll see in a bit once it dries. Definitely not cherry.
Alchemist
#3684 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 10:19 PM
-_- That moment when you start up a different game to play while Sims 3 loads...

Yeah, whatever, Sims 4 loads faster, but it's also a flaming pile of not-fun to play. I just wish EA hadn't butchered the S3 files so badly.

@budwinys: There's chemistry behind hair color. If you wanted red tones to be dominant, you would've had to lighten your hair a little, something that stylists account for when mixing color (Such as adding a slightly higher level developer than what comes in box color, which assumes that your hair is 100% bleached or naturally light beforehand--pigment free and ready to accept ALL of the box color pigment). This is also why if you already have dark hair, you can't use box color for bright pigments and expect it to come out totally bright. You literally have to remove some of the pigment from your hair to fit in brighter colors, or if you just want the tint effect, forgo the dark brown color altogether and just go with red--your hair won't spontaneously become pure red, however, it will fit the red pigment in where there's less brown, and you'd get the red sheen. Otherwise, you're just adding more dark pigment to dark hair, and the light tones--in this case, red--get overlayed and don't "take". Hope that helps.
Also, if you're thinking about having it fixed at a professional stylists' salon, don't forget to mention that you tried to color it with box dye. There are metallic elements to box color that matter when someone is thinking up the formula to get you what you really want. No real professional would blame you for not knowing ahead of time.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"Science literacy is a vaccine against the charlatans of the world that would exploit your ignorance."~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Instructor
#3685 Old Yesterday at 4:14 AM Last edited by velvetina : Yesterday at 7:12 AM.
Why are the neighbours so loud, ugh. It's way past midnight, and they have the music as loud as possible and all of their whiny kids doing whatever they want. 10/10 parents...
Edit: 3 AM, they're still at it. Where do they get so much energy to laugh like that? No, complaining didn't work (I tried, they don't listen).

"Exijo una explicacion!"
#3686 Old Today at 1:07 AM
I told my mother to stop messing with my books and she responded by throwing a complete tantrum, shoving over the Christmas tree, smashing a bunch of her things, and blaming me for "ruining Christmas."

Okay, then. I don't really care anymore at this point. My expiration date's likely coming up soon anyways.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#3687 Old Today at 1:50 AM
I hate December.

Tonight's the first night of Christmukkah. I know Hanukkah started last Wednesday, but not only is it convenient to observe it for sanity's sake, it gives me a three week break to spend relaxing.

But after the Hanukkah portion comes Christmas Eve. Why is someone who is 30 (me) getting all excited for Christmas? I highly doubt there is an immortal being who would reward me for yearly kindness to others. But I do admire this admirable behavior of giving to those who have good in their hearts.

This disruptive sleep schedule is driving me nuts.

P.S. Epiphany is the last day of my celebration and it was my grandmother's birthday.

Scholar
#3688 Old Today at 2:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I told my mother to stop messing with my books and she responded by throwing a complete tantrum, shoving over the Christmas tree, smashing a bunch of her things, and blaming me for "ruining Christmas."

Okay, then. I don't really care anymore at this point. My expiration date's likely coming up soon anyways.

I put a "love" on your post to signify that I feel bad for you. Just know that's where it came from / What context I meant. Hopefully things get better for you since I always see you over on the TS2 discussion and you're always helpful!
Mad Poster
#3689 Old Today at 3:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister

NO! NO, NO, NO! I know that's where you're mind has to be going; I understand that. I'm praying that's not the case. When will you hear about your doctor's appointment?

Even if it's Parkinson's that's not an automatic death sentence. There are treatments. I'm not up on it, but we live in a world where medical miracles are happening every day. I'm sure there are new treatments out there.

I know you are feeling your strength and agility leaving you. I know that's scary. And I do understand what it's like to look a life-limiting diagnosis in the face. Been there, done that. But, I was completely unaware of the breakthroughs that have put me in remission on the way to being cured.

It could work like that for you, too, sweetie.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Page 148 of 148