Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 4594 (Who?), Viewed: 268857 times.
Page 184 of 184
Mad Poster
#4576 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 6:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerxyz
I've been using the 'normal' setting, and haven't switched households at all. The parents were adults rather than young adults when they adopted the babies, but I feel fairly sure that they hadn't been adults for very long.
It's too bad there is no easy way to tweak the legnth of each age. I wonder if this means that "adults" are more like 40 or something. It doesn't really make a lot of sense. I guess I'll keep playing the way I do, then, with fiddling with aging on/off to slow down the whole process and manually aging up children. Thanks for the response.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#4577 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 7:22 AM
I might be crazy but I keep global aging on, but found even the Maxis "long" agespan is far too short so with the help of mccc, i finding those settings nearly just right.

Code:
   "Age_Span_Adult": 200, 
"Age_Span_Baby": 12,
"Age_Span_Child": 100,
"Age_Span_Elder": 50,
"Age_Span_Teen": 110,
"Age_Span_Toddler": 30,
"Age_Span_YoungAdult": 140
Scholar
#4578 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 8:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
I might be crazy but I keep global aging on, but found even the Maxis "long" agespan is far too short so with the help of mccc, i finding those settings nearly just right.

Code:
"Age_Span_Child": 5
"Age_Span_Teen": 11,
"Age_Span_Toddler": 300,

There we go. You had a couple zeros in the wrong place. I fixed it for you!

Did I mention I love these toddlers?
Lab Assistant
#4579 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
Code:
"Age_Span_Child": 5
"Age_Span_Teen": 11,
"Age_Span_Toddler": 300,

There we go. You had a couple zeros in the wrong place. I fixed it for you!

Did I mention I love these toddlers?

Alright, son. 16 days later you gonna have to find a job! Don't dissapoint your parent who have raised your *** for 300 days like a sparta
Forum Resident
#4580 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 12:45 PM
Ha I'm cruel on my Elders though, only 50 days compared to a combined YA and Adult of 340 days.

Anyway I didn't know this automous interaction existed,and I wondered why he was just standing there...

The Round green bar was filling up as he was doing nothing, I presume this interaction must come from Parenthood?
Lab Assistant
#4581 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 2:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
The Round green bar was filling up as he was doing nothing, I presume this interaction must come from Parenthood?

It was from parenthood gp. that interaction lasted for a second
Lab Assistant
#4582 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:04 AM
I discovered that in the athletic job you can scout opponents on the TV, rather then using the computer, so it helps you fun also.
Forum Resident
#4583 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:30 AM
You can 'stack' punishments on a child/teen. If they are already grounded from TV, and still misbehave, you can add grounding from computer or games on top of it.

<---(My avatar is Henry) Dwee! Farobi fasique, fazoob! Simmer whinger: "Nothing ever happens in sims 4, its so shallow" Same Simmer: *Installs mods to keep the sims from doing anything* I am WCIF friendly. If you see CC on one of my sims I'm happy to let you know.
Test Subject
#4584 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 11:19 AM
After a work promotion, sims will call you and ask to celebrate by going out.
Field Researcher
#4585 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 1:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRobbins
Can you ask your guy to leave? I had no option for mine. I ended up moving him in. Like "If you want to live in this dumpy house so much, here you go."

Figured it in the end it made more sense to allow the guy who can't leave his toddler child alone to live there. I almost just left it as is, but in the end it felt a little bit like cheating, having a permanent nanny to take care of the child.

My sims share a bit of friends with benefits at the moment, but my sim is a commitment phobe, so i won't have it progress much further.

She's also pretty career focused. So if i end up having them go their separate ways, the child might just end up living with her father, who just couldn't leave his child alone while the workaholic commitment phobe sim worked all day.

Even though it added to my story this time, i do hope the bug gets fixed. I wouldn't mind it as a feature. The sim who refuses to leave his child alone, but I don't know how common it is. I don't want it happening every time.

Have you tried going to a community lot with the guy and returning home without him? That way he should go back to his place and won't come back unless you invite him over... I guess..

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Field Researcher
#4586 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:21 PM Last edited by veronica55 : 10th Aug 2017 at 4:00 PM.
Not quite a discovery but just a tip/ gameplay strategy / trick let's say.

If you have Get to Work ep, you just need 1 sim expert at cooking for all your sims to eat great food, and rare food, high skill requiring food, special food .. whatever. You can choose a sim that you don't care about much, won't play actively.

This sim needs to have completed the culinary career and more importantly the "master chef aspiration" so he/she has the "fresh chef" trait. So, the stuff they cook never spoils.

He also needs some fishing skill for ambrosia.

Once all skilling is done (you can always use cheats to establish this sim of course)
Simply have your "cook" buy a retail, and have him cook and place for sale whatever food you want to have access to at all times. From that moment, all your sims in that save file, for generations can have fresh, never spoiling top quality food forever. Even your chef dies at some point, the store will keep being functional.

Need ambrosia asap at some point, just visit your local food store and buy it. (An excellent or impeccable quality ambrosia may cost between 4000 - 6000 sim dollars sometimes even more)
Those food that are for sale in that store will be duplicated forever.

I use a similar approach for gardening. I have a gardener sim in my main save / main world who has all types plants & trees planted in his home garden, they are all evolved and perfect quality. Whenever some sim needs some specific fruit, plant whatever, they simply go knock the gardener's door, harvest anything he wants.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Forum Resident
#4587 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 11:22 AM
Just funnily noticed if a good cook starts showing with his/or maybe her knife skills, there's a chance that the knife can get stuck/jammed deep in the cutting board, then the cook then uses another knife to try to pry it out.
Forum Resident
#4588 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 5:04 PM
I've noticed a lot lately, if you want to chat with a sim that's quite far away like out on the street, they may go for the long walk to you than you walk to them.

I saw one sim I wanted to be Mean to, yet I didn't have to move an inch, the sim walked a quarter of a mile to me, only to take a mouthful of abuse, such great service!
Mad Poster
#4589 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 5:28 PM
A childish adult Sim colored at a restaurant while waiting for her order.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#4590 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 10:54 AM
I discovered that an elderly sim can die of overexertion if they try to have a baby with their partner twice in a row.

forever craving chef salad | Sa0Ra on TS4 gallery | Simblr Gazette
Forum Resident
#4591 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 3:13 PM
Noticed visiting National Park on a Sunday Afternoon (or could be any day), attract crowds of sims, but they never enter the actual National Park itself, but they flock everywhere around the Maxis outskirts of the town, noticed a nearby parkground thats normally empty came to life which was full of socialling sims, all chessboards were in use, Free BBQs and pirate ship was full of kids, bumped into many old friends as I when for a walk in that direction,
Lab Assistant
#4592 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 1:19 AM
I discovered that Sims can shart. The Manners trait annoys me, so I have my teen fart whenever she's in range for the trait. One time she did it, the "dirty underwear" thought bubble appeared over her head, and her hygiene instantly dropped into the red.
Mad Poster
#4593 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 6:00 PM
Yep. Apparently it's likely to happen if a Sim has low bladder when you tell them to fart.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#4594 Old Today at 1:08 PM
Just noticed, in your living in an apartment be very careful who you gives keys to, because one key fits all, if you move out of your old apartment and into another apartment, they got keys to that too.

Make me feel like i'm being stalked...
Forum Resident
#4595 Old Today at 9:52 PM
Do not give a sim the lazy AND clumsy trait. Its pointless. The clumsy trait is the most disappointing (for me as a clumsy person, self-sim is clumsy) because all it does is causes the sim to drop dishes when washing them and fall on the treadmill and feel playful. ALL sims trip on the treadmill at some point!

But here is the thing about making a sim both lazy and clumsy. Lazy sims avoid the dishes and treadmill so you'll never see the manifestation of their clumsiness. Why oh why couldnt clumsy sims choke on their food (like sims in sims 3 did ALL THE DAMN TIME) or trip while standing and walking??

Yeah so thats what I learned, thats my tip; dont combine lazy with clumsy.

<---(My avatar is Henry) Dwee! Farobi fasique, fazoob! Simmer whinger: "Nothing ever happens in sims 4, its so shallow" Same Simmer: *Installs mods to keep the sims from doing anything* I am WCIF friendly. If you see CC on one of my sims I'm happy to let you know.
Page 184 of 184