Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#351 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:41 AM
My 11th years of bein here at MTS is comin up in 2 weeks. I guess that means I signed up when I was 36.

Wow ... 2006, that was like a lifetime ago.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#352 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Is your birthday in the middle of a year? Because you've gone up two ages since the last time you posted your age on this thread. I've only gone up one number.

Beginning of September. At least three times my birthday fell on the day I returned to school! Not a pleasant birthday gift, that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 5:15 AM
I'm 21! I have an in-depth account of my simming history somewhere on the forums, but I started with The Sims as a very young child, then graduated on to Sims 2 and never was interested at all in Sims 3 or 4.
Scholar
#354 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:14 AM
@maxon i meant 37 sorry! i can be really dumb sometimes...well most of the time
Lab Assistant
#355 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 6:00 PM
Uh...I'm only 17 (and discovered MTS this year, oops) and I honestly feel like being 12 or 13. I also kind of grew up with Sims 2 although I barely remember it since i couldn't even read when it came out. But my older sister has proof of me "playing" (=clicking wildly) when only being 3 or 4 years old.
Mad Poster
#356 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:00 PM Last edited by grammapat : 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:43 PM. Reason: really?
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Actually she may not want to, there are rules on joining age here.

Something I must have forgotten...now I'm curious
============
I can't find anything about age requirements to have account here..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#357 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
36... and in about 25 years, I'll qualify for toxic granny status in the flame warriors roster.

Am I one? Toxic granny? And can also be "flame warrior"? don't think that's a good thing..

Mad Poster
#358 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:08 PM
Oh, Toxic Granny is just an archetype of flame warrior - her dossier is on the "Flame Warriors" website. Toxic Granny may be old, but she's just as aggressive as many of the younger whipper-snappers. Because of her age, she will have many allies, and people will tend to defer to her. Prudent flame warriors will avoid confrontation with the Toxic Granny because losing to her is humiliating, but there is no honor in defeating her in a flame war. Basically, a lose-lose situation.
Mad Poster
#359 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
============

In websites based in the US (which MTS is, if I'm not mistaken), there's the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) - webmasters can't collect personal information from those under 13 without parental permission. Seeing as parental permission is such a hassle to get, it's easier to just disallow those under 13 from registering. It's pretty serious, with fines of like $40,000.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#360 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
In websites based in the US (which MTS is, if I'm not mistaken), there's the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) - webmasters can't collect personal information from those under 13 without parental permission. Seeing as parental permission is such a hassle to get, it's easier to just disallow those under 13 from registering. It's pretty serious, with fines of like $40,000.

I thought MTS was UK based... hmmm...
Inventor
#361 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Oh, Toxic Granny is just an archetype of flame warrior - her dossier is on the "Flame Warriors" website. Toxic Granny may be old, but she's just as aggressive as many of the younger whipper-snappers. Because of her age, she will have many allies, and people will tend to defer to her. Prudent flame warriors will avoid confrontation with the Toxic Granny because losing to her is humiliating, but there is no honor in defeating her in a flame war. Basically, a lose-lose situation.

Wha... What language is this?
Mad Poster
#362 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:52 PM
Actually, you might be right - my memory's pretty fried. Nonetheless, if it's hosted in the US, it falls under their jurisdiction.

Mad Poster
#363 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Wha... What language is this?

Flame Warriors are people who like to fight online. Go to the comments section of any news website (unless they're replaced with one of those shitty facebook comment plugins) and you'll likely see one.

Inventor
#364 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:55 PM
Based on the time stamps of the posts and my current time, the time stamps correlate with the time in the UK. I'm not sure if that actually helps.
Mad Poster
#365 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:57 PM
Nah - it's likely using Greenwich Mean Time. A website I used to run used it even though I'm in Canada and it was hosted in California.

Mad Poster
#366 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:01 PM

===
...we all know there are under-13s here. Stay hidden, my little flowers! But hay, if the kid is not IN the US, how can this US law apply to them?

Mad Poster
#367 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:04 PM
Well, the law is only supposed to apply to American children. But it's easier just to ban all of them.

Mad Poster
#368 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:15 PM
Right up there with people who want to ban guns, thus stopping Bad people from using them on the rest of us..

Inventor
#369 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:22 PM
Flame Warriors are people who like to fight online. Go to the comments section of any news website (unless they're replaced with one of those shitty facebook comment plugins) and you'll likely see one.

What went through my head was this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi...s/?id=823460918
Scholar
#370 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:45 PM
I'm
15 years old and have been here for almost 4 years.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#371 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
============

It's 13.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I thought MTS was UK based... hmmm...

NotDelphy is English but he's based in the Netherlands. (I think - he's an hour ahead of me anyway).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#372 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 10:54 PM
Nah - it's likely using Greenwich Mean Time. A website I used to run used it even though I'm in Canada and it was hosted in California.
It actually says at the bottom of every page that "All times are GMT+1". This makes sense as Delphy, the site owner, is based in the Netherlands, which is in the same timezone as France and Spain.

I can vouch for the validity of the above statement myself - I live in England, where the clocks went back to GMT last Sunday, and my post on this thread last night reads "posted at 01:57am". At 01:57am GMT, my laptop was switched off, as I needed to be in bed because I was working the following morning!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#373 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 10:59 PM
You can set the time to your local area, you know. It's somewhere in your personal settings.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 15 of 15