Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 9:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop - Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!
Hi.

I keep trying to fix my Bodyshop so I can actually load it up and use it properly, but it keeps throwing up the error E_INVALIDARG! whenever I try to do so.

I have an Nvidia GeForce 940MX card on a laptop, running UC.

I remember when I first got this laptop I was getting similar errors for the actual game, but once I added " -w -CPUCount1 " to the end of the shortcut location path on my game, it launched properly. I tried the same thing with Bodyshop and it threw up the same error.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ather
Hi.

I keep trying to fix my Bodyshop so I can actually load it up and use it properly, but it keeps throwing up the error E_INVALIDARG! whenever I try to do so.

I have an Nvidia GeForce 940MX card on a laptop, running UC.

I remember when I first got this laptop I was getting similar errors for the actual game, but once I added " -w -CPUCount1 " to the end of the shortcut location path on my game, it launched properly. I tried the same thing with Bodyshop and it threw up the same error.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, have you tried running the program with the integrated graphics instead of the default graphics processor? I had a similar issue and posted it here.