Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 7:39 PM
Default Aged up toddler reverted back to baby upon selecting "Change Appearance"
I posted about this in this thread yesterday but I didn't want to hijack it, so I'm starting a new thread. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so, if anyone has determined what CC or actions are causing the error to occur.

Toddlers have been working fine for me until the 2/2/17 patch. Yesterday I was playing a family with a vampire mom, toddler girl, and a baby boy. I aged up the baby and placed his old crib in the inventory (to save for later so his mom can have another baby). I had the mom take him upstairs and I think he might have had a few interactions with her for a minute. Then with the toddler boy selected, I clicked "change appearance" on the mirror. He toddled over there and it brought up CAS... and his icon in the bottom left corner reverted back to a baby, and I was unable to select him in CAS.

Not sure if this matters but while he was heading to the mirror, I had his mom go outside to harvest some plants and dig up some treasure, and his toddler sister was sleeping in her toddler bed. Just trying to give as much info as possible about what all was going on in the game at the time the error occurred.

So I exited CAS without saving any changes, and he was still a baby. Not only that, his big sister lost all of the skills she'd earned from this gameplay session and reverted back to the everyday outfit she'd been in when I had first loaded up this save (she should have been in PJs as she had been sleeping). And the mom's inventory was suddenly empty, when she'd had a bunch of plasma fruit and plasma packs in it prior to trying to change the toddler boy's appearance.

I quit without saving, then tried to test my CC in batches hoping to replicate the error, with no luck. So I can't determine which mod, if any, is causing this. I do have a ton of CAS CC including some stuff for toddlers. But after trying again multiple times any CC he aged up wearing did not seem to cause the error.

I've seen another post on Reddit describing the same problem and attributing it to trying to change appearance before the age-up animation is finished. However, I tried to do that and the option is grayed out, saying something like "This option is not available while a sim is aging up." So I don't think that's it.

I posted on the official Sims forum here about this issue but they aren't really able to offer much advice other than to remove mods and then test them in batches.

Has anyone else seen this error? I guess for now the only thing I can think of is to just save immediately before or maybe immediately after aging up... and hope for the best? If anyone else has figured out what CC causes the error, please let me know!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 8:49 PM
It happened to me as well, but using the cas.fulleditmode cheat. Like the person on Reddit, I presumed it was due to the age-up animation not being finished. Every time since then, I've waited until the animation was done and then gone into CAS, and the glitch hasn't happened since. I don't really have any mods that effect gameplay and I wouldn't have thought a CAS item would have caused it. Of course, I could be wrong. Anyway, that's my experience of it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 9:01 PM
So you're able to click on the Change Appearance option before the age-up animation is complete? Maybe I managed to do that the first time somehow and wasn't aware of it. I tried over and over to time it just right when I was testing, and always got the message that the option can't be performed while a Sim is aging up. Weird!
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 12:28 AM
No, I haven't tried Change Appearance. I did it with testingcheats on > cas.fulleditmode > shift and click the sim > Edit in CAS. Maybe the aging up didn't finish properly and the game thought it was still taking place. At least it doesn't seem to be mod related.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
No, I haven't tried Change Appearance. I did it with testingcheats on > cas.fulleditmode > shift and click the sim > Edit in CAS. Maybe the aging up didn't finish properly and the game thought it was still taking place. At least it doesn't seem to be mod related.

Oh, wow, duh! I read earlier that you has used cas.fulleditmode... and then promptly forgot it in the time it took me to click "reply".

What's weird to me is that I didn't use the cheat and still got the error. But I've placed all my CC back in the mods folder and aged up the baby with no errors this time. So I guess it was just a fluke!
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:11 AM
I've had a similar issue with mine. My toddlers' age-up animations seem to loop, almost: they'll age up normally, I'll select their toddler trait and they go about their business for is sometimes multiple Sim-hours. I'll get rid of the crib, set up the toddler stuff, etc.,... and then poof! All of a sudden, there's a crib in the middle of the toddler bed and I'll get the "X aged up!" blurb about toddlerhood again.

I've also been unable to get Plan Outfits to work with toddlers since the 2/2 patch. They go into CAS but then the UI interface and menus are totally gone, and the Gallery/Load/Save/Etc. UI in the top corner is completely disabled. I have to force it closed in order to get out of there. I think they broke something with the newest patch.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Negative17Creep
I posted about this in this thread yesterday but I didn't want to hijack it, so I'm starting a new thread. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so, if anyone has determined what CC or actions are causing the error to occur.

Toddlers have been working fine for me until the 2/2/17 patch. Yesterday I was playing a family with a vampire mom, toddler girl, and a baby boy. I aged up the baby and placed his old crib in the inventory (to save for later so his mom can have another baby). I had the mom take him upstairs and I think he might have had a few interactions with her for a minute. Then with the toddler boy selected, I clicked "change appearance" on the mirror. He toddled over there and it brought up CAS... and his icon in the bottom left corner reverted back to a baby, and I was unable to select him in CAS.

Not sure if this matters but while he was heading to the mirror, I had his mom go outside to harvest some plants and dig up some treasure, and his toddler sister was sleeping in her toddler bed. Just trying to give as much info as possible about what all was going on in the game at the time the error occurred.

So I exited CAS without saving any changes, and he was still a baby. Not only that, his big sister lost all of the skills she'd earned from this gameplay session and reverted back to the everyday outfit she'd been in when I had first loaded up this save (she should have been in PJs as she had been sleeping). And the mom's inventory was suddenly empty, when she'd had a bunch of plasma fruit and plasma packs in it prior to trying to change the toddler boy's appearance.

I quit without saving, then tried to test my CC in batches hoping to replicate the error, with no luck. So I can't determine which mod, if any, is causing this. I do have a ton of CAS CC including some stuff for toddlers. But after trying again multiple times any CC he aged up wearing did not seem to cause the error.

I've seen another post on Reddit describing the same problem and attributing it to trying to change appearance before the age-up animation is finished. However, I tried to do that and the option is grayed out, saying something like "This option is not available while a sim is aging up." So I don't think that's it.

I posted on the official Sims forum here about this issue but they aren't really able to offer much advice other than to remove mods and then test them in batches.

Has anyone else seen this error? I guess for now the only thing I can think of is to just save immediately before or maybe immediately after aging up... and hope for the best? If anyone else has figured out what CC causes the error, please let me know!

Hi there, this happened to me. When a toddler ages up, an adult and the toddler will do the 'learn to walk' interaction. You must wait untill that interaction is complete before changing their appearance otherwise the toddler becomes a baby again and it resets their looks sometimes.