Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 1:25 PM
Default Sims 4 Script Mods Not Working???
So recently I decided to get a few script mods ( including mc command center ), I made sure that I enabled script mods in game and didn't extract files that said ' don't extract '. I went into my game and the script mods showed in the ' Custom Content' area, but the Script mods section was empty. None of the script mods work at all and I'm very confused because I followed tutorials on how to download script mods. If it's relevant then I'm running a windows 10 laptop. Thank you for your time.

- Shannon
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 1:36 PM
I would not have 2 folders named Mods, if i were you. maybe this confuses the game?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I would not have 2 folders named Mods, if i were you. maybe this confuses the game?

I renamed the folder to ' My Mods ' and it's still the same.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 2:01 PM
oh...I tried.
What I seem to have different from you, is that all my mods are loose in the Mods folder, or in their own folders.
have you try deleting the localthumbscache.package ?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
oh...I tried.
What I seem to have different from you, is that all my mods are loose in the Mods folder, or in their own folders.
have you try deleting the localthumbscache.package ?

I'll delete it now and see if it works.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:58 PM
I was told by dreaderpool to not have mc command center in additional subfolders.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shansimmer
So recently I decided to get a few script mods ( including mc command center ), I made sure that I enabled script mods in game and didn't extract files that said ' don't extract '. I went into my game and the script mods showed in the ' Custom Content' area, but the Script mods section was empty. None of the script mods work at all and I'm very confused because I followed tutorials on how to download script mods. If it's relevant then I'm running a windows 10 laptop. Thank you for your time.

- Shannon

It looks like your mods are in too many folders. What I mean is that you should put them into your Mods folder and get rid of the second mods folder. Like Rosebine said, that's probably confusing your game. But also, mods tend not to work if there are too many folders in the path. So sims.mods.mc command is better than sims.mods.mods.mc command. Also, on a side note, you don't need the pregnancy mega mod if you have mc command.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 8:23 AM
Default Solved
Thank you! Yes, I went too many folders deep! Thank you for your help and time.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 8:48 AM
You can alter your resource.cfg folder so your mods folder can have more sub folders. Mine has about fourteen. MC command center shouldn't be in a sub folder though as it says above. Just unzip it and put the result straight in the mods folder.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 6:10 PM
My MC Command Center modules are all in one folder, within the Mods folder. All works well.
If you read the installation again, you'll notice the screenshot shows a folder named My Game Mods, within the Mods folder.
It does not require to be loose, it can have its own folder.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 7:44 PM
The 2nd, 3rd and 4th image should be rated "pegi 18" !!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 7:47 PM
Totally confused here as the above screenshots don't show a folder named My Game Mods, not on my iPad anyhow. What I was trying to say anyhow is that you can have any number of sub folders in your mods folder what you can't have is a folder inside a sub folder which you know. As for MC command you can download the whole lot in a zip and then unzip it and it's in a folder then already and you put the folder in your mods folder. It comes in a folder you don't need to make one.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 8:32 PM
I see this...
See picture I attached. And for the mod creating its own folder, there is only loose files in the zip you download. So unless you tell your zip extractor to create one.it won't. I just redownload the zip to be sure.
Screenshots