Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:15 PM
Default WCIF: Sudden deaths AND/OR sims die easier?
Is there a hack anywhere that randomly/periodically assigns death tokens to all the sims in a neighborhood? So that you could be playing a family one day and all of a sudden someone dies of disease with no prior warning or anything? I doubt that exists, but how about something that makes it EASIER to die? Like if a sim catches the flu, there's a bigger chance they die as a result, hunger kills faster, fires kill faster, etc. Or any death hacks in general that might interest me based on this message? I appreciate it if you answer!
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 4:58 PM
1.) Press ctrl+shift+c
2.) Enter "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" ( omit the quotations, capitalization does not matter)
3.) Shift+click a Sim.
4.) Click "Spawn..."
5.) Click "Rodney's Death Creator".
6.) A tombstone will pop up. Click that Tombstone and select mode of death.

..::OR::..

1.) Press ctrl+shift+c
2.) Enter "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" ( omit the quotations, capitalization does not matter)
3.) Shift+click a Sim.
4.) Click "Kill..."
5.) Click "Give Dead Token".
6.) It is important your Sim is doing nothing when you click this. In the next Sim hour (1 minute for people) your Sim should die.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 8:26 PM
Yeah I knew about those codes, but it'd be more fun if the game would randomly kill sims. It'd be a lot more realistic that way. It'd also be nice for example diseases to actually kill sims without the player having to go out of the way to make them exercise like crazy etc.

Edit: Found a realistic sickness hack. Haven't tested it out yet though:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=8062.0

A random death token assigner would still be sweet :D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vihjailu
Yeah I knew about those codes, but it'd be more fun if the game would randomly kill sims. It'd be a lot more realistic that way. It'd also be nice for example diseases to actually kill sims without the player having to go out of the way to make them exercise like crazy etc.

Edit: Found a realistic sickness hack. Haven't tested it out yet though:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=8062.0

A random death token assigner would still be sweet :D

Also available at MATY, on the Lot Debugger, is the option "Decimate Neighbourhood". Be warned, you will not be able to pick and choose who lives and who dies, but it's a great Black Death simulator.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 12:44 PM
Another warning, the Lot Debugger's rtfm says this:

Decimate Neighborhood (debug only) (do not use!)
10% of your neighborhood is randomly given the death token, causing
immediate death on lot load. DO NOT USE THIS OPTION. Will give warning
box if you attempt to touch it.

Pescado humor? Maybe it's really okay to use this option? I don't think I'd risk it, myself. Not, at least, without trying it in a test 'hood first.
Site Helper
#6 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 3:55 PM
I suspect that it's not humor, but an attempt to avoid the inevitable "I just ran Decimate Neighborhood and all of my favorite sims died. Fix this now. No, I do not have a backup" comments.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I suspect that it's not humor, but an attempt to avoid the inevitable "I just ran Decimate Neighborhood and all of my favorite sims died. Fix this now. No, I do not have a backup" comments.

Which is pretty funny, actually.

I would be curious to know who has used this feature of the batbox and whether or not it worked without borking anything. Really could be very useful.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Which is pretty funny, actually.

I would be curious to know who has used this feature of the batbox and whether or not it worked without borking anything. Really could be very useful.

It works, and it doesn't bork anything except, you know, for dead sims littering the landscape...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 12:09 AM
Since that's what it's supposed to do, I guess it's all good then.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 6:55 PM
6 years later another person is interested in something like this lol... I just wish there was an actual mod :/

"Practice, practice, practice until you eventually get numb on rejections."
~Brian Klemmer
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kizzmon
6 years later another person is interested in something like this lol... I just wish there was an actual mod :/

The realistic sickness hack still works. Just don't use the one at the top unless you want all your sims to die. There's a version part way down in the comments that's less lethal.
Instructor
#12 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 3:41 AM
Not a hack but you could try adding risks to other actions in the game. For example in my test of time challenge there's a rule that any sim that loses a fight dies (still have to kill them manually though). This has introduced a lot of sim deaths to my game.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kizzmon

Next time try making your own thread not resurrecting long gone ones thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: Greenplumbbob Reason: Let's put it back in it's coffin, where it belongs :P