Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6376 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
I have to type it again now, because when I thought I realized what I did wrong, I was wrong about that...

Anyway, so I'm using NRAAS SP to assign a Caste to a few households. It has many restrictions, which hopefully should allow me to play the game in rotations-style. But I begin to think it's impossible to play in rotations, as the first thing many sims do after becoming uncontrollable is change their job! I hate it. They should work at jobs I chose for them!

P.S. Yes I've set Career: Allow Find Job to false and it made no difference. They still change their jobs.

Check the setting at the Sim Options level to ensure that the caste option is flowing down to them as it should and that there isn't another caste interfering.

If it were not possible to play rotationally, then we wouldn't support it and I would have been imagining things in my own game for quite a number of years.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Story+P...+Caste+Settings
Advertisement
Theorist
#6377 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
If it were not possible to play rotationally, then we wouldn't support it and I would have been imagining things in my own game for quite a number of years.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Story+P...+Caste+Settings

Sorry I was just so upset that I exaggerated my despair. Of course you wouldn't be imagining things.

Anyway I don't know what happened, but after I checked those sims, they didn't have new jobs. Apparently I got fake messages about new jobs. It's a little strange, but at least they didn't change them.
Mad Poster
#6378 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:18 PM
Sorry I was just so upset that I exaggerated my despair. Of course you wouldn't be imagining things.

Anyway I don't know what happened, but after I checked those sims, they didn't have new jobs. Apparently I got fake messages about new jobs. It's a little strange, but at least they didn't change them.

Understood.

The important thing about sophisticated SP caste arrangements is to have a sense of humor about the whole thing especially when things don't seem to work as you thought you had them arranged. Happens to all of us.
Scholar
#6379 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:29 PM
newlibertysims, when I want that I save the sims to the bin and add them to an inactive house in Edit Town.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6380 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:52 PM
When you click on that house and select MasterController there should then be the option "Evict". That will make them homeless. They might still stand around for a while but eventually they will all leave the lot and return "home" into limbo.
Mad Poster
#6381 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Thank you! I will go townify I bunch of sims now.

If you have Overwatch or StoryProgression set up to Manage or Clean Up the homeless, or even without that, and these sims aren't assigned anything fairly quickly, they may just wander out of your game entirely. The homeless population can be very volatile. If they pick up Service or Role assignments, or you give them Role Assignments using NRaas Register, they do tend to stick around. Different players have different experiences working with homeless NPCs. What mine do seems to vary by world.
Instructor
#6382 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
You can just as well tag a lot with the spa rabbithole building as Salon or place the rabbithole on a Salon lot and have both, the stylist and tattoo bit and the spa bit, work on one lot.

Yeah, I thought about doing that as well. Does the Salon lot type attract sims with particular traits? Ideally, these traits (if any) should make sense for spa frequenters as well.

On a related note, do NPCs get tattoos autonomously on Salon lots?

On an unrelated note, with Ani's Shop For Clothes Pedestal mod, when a sim purchases the outfit currently on the pedestal, does this purchased outfit delete and replace the one that the sim is wearing, or get added as a new outfit?

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6383 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Yeah, I thought about doing that as well. Does the Salon lot type attract sims with particular traits? Ideally, these traits (if any) should make sense for spa frequenters as well.
I don't know whether the Salon attracts specific traits, all inactives seem to go there once in a while. But it's all defined in the Venues.xml. The spa building, however, doesn't seem to attract visitors at all. At least in my game I have never seen an inactive visit the building.

Quote:
On a related note, do NPCs get tattoos autonomously on Salon lots?
They do, in a way. They will chat with the tattoo artist and use the chair then but they don't end up with an actual tattoo

Quote:
On an unrelated note, with Ani's Shop For Clothes Pedestal mod, when a sim purchases the outfit currently on the pedestal, does this purchased outfit delete and replace the one that the sim is wearing, or get added as a new outfit?
I don't have this mod, but if it works like the autonomous use of the stylist station by inactives then it will not be registered as an outfit at all. They would wear it but the outfit would not be saved to the outfit selection and once they change into a different outfit category the outfit will be gone.
Instructor
#6384 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 10:10 AM
@Don Babilon

I don't know whether the Salon attracts specific traits, all inactives seem to go there once in a while. But it's all defined in the Venues.xml. The spa building, however, doesn't seem to attract visitors at all. At least in my game I have never seen an inactive visit the building.

Thanks for the hint. Took a look at the Venues XML and there doesn't seem to be any preferred traits for Salon venues. In my game, NPCs do visit the lot but don't do much other than hang around.

They do, in a way. They will chat with the tattoo artist and use the chair then but they don't end up with an actual tattoo

I was rather hoping they would get themselves all kinds of hilariously bad tattoos...

I don't have this mod, but if it works like the autonomous use of the stylist station by inactives then it will not be registered as an outfit at all. They would wear it but the outfit would not be saved to the outfit selection and once they change into a different outfit category the outfit will be gone.

Figured I'd answer my own question; it seems like the purchased outfit is added as a new outfit in its category--whatever the sim is wearing at the time of the purchase is not deleted. I've tried up to five outfits in a single category, but don't know what will happen beyond that. Also, I've only tested with an active sim, so can't say what happens when the "Suggest Outfit" interaction is used to make an NPC purchase an outfit from the mannequin.

Thanks for all your help!

@igazor
Story Progression has the ability to use custom names for newly spawned/born sims. I would like SP to use both custom names and EA names. However, the only option I found on the wiki is "Use Custom Names Only". Is there a way to use both types of names? Thanks!

Mad Poster
#6385 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 10:56 AM
@igazor
Story Progression has the ability to use custom names for newly spawned/born sims. I would like SP to use both custom names and EA names. However, the only option I found on the wiki is "Use Custom Names Only". Is there a way to use both types of names? Thanks!

I name all of my sims by hex code. Don't you think "00:0a:95:9d:68:16" is a nice name for a baby girl?

It's all or nothing, either the replacement custom names tuning file is used for all sims in the category under consideration (births, immigration, service sims) or it isn't. If you are trying to get a blend of EA and custom names in a world, one approach might be to keep switching the Custom Names options and and off throughout. Another might be to build a custom names file that includes both "kinds" of names you want to see randomly appearing on new sims.

Or have I misunderstood what you were trying to do?
Top Secret Researcher
#6386 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 3:12 PM
I am looking at kurasoberina's skins and I am very tempted. There are HD and SD skins with quite a difference in file size. I am wondering if the HD versions would be taxing my system a lot?
Scholar
#6387 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 3:44 PM
It depends? I recently upgraded to 16GB RAM and picked on of kurasoberina's skins and grabbed an HD one. It looks good in my game (high Sim detail), although the rest of my PC is not the greatest.
Top Secret Researcher
#6388 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 7:46 PM
Thanks! I have 16GB RAM as well, so that helps in the decision making!
Instructor
#6389 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 9:15 PM
@igazor

It's all or nothing, either the replacement custom names tuning file is used for all sims in the category under consideration (births, immigration, service sims) or it isn't.

Thanks for the reply. You've understood my query exactly. Just to clarify, if "Use Custom Names Only" being enabled means only using names from the tuning file, what's the source of names used by SP when this option is disabled?

I have a question about Cupcake as well: can it be made to stock the shelves with single servings instead of group servings?

00:0a:95:9d:68:16 would make a good plumbot name.

Mad Poster
#6390 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 11:43 PM
@igazorThanks for the reply. You've understood my query exactly. Just to clarify, if "Use Custom Names Only" being enabled means only using names from the tuning file, what's the source of names used by SP when this option is disabled?

I have a question about Cupcake as well: can it be made to stock the shelves with single servings instead of group servings?

If the option is not enabled, then EA names will be used. Where in the game files those names actually are is I'm afraid beyond me. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how this is supposed to work.

No on the single servings except for recipes that only exist in single servings. But the current version of Cupcake (v6) allows sims both active and inactive to purchase single servings of food from the group servings on the racks and displays instead of having to buy an entire group serving each time -- in other words, a slice of pie or one sandwich, whatever it is, instead of the entire pie or platter. Or they can buy the whole thing at a much higher price. What's also different here is that inactive sims will shop the racks and displays to relieve hunger and they actually get to eat the food they bought, as opposed to the EA way where inactives shop to relieve fun and the food just disappears after being purchased.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Cupcake+Revision+Notes
Instructor
#6391 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 7:12 AM
But the current version of Cupcake (v6) allows sims both active and inactive to purchase single servings of food from the group servings on the racks and displays instead of having to buy an entire group serving each time [...] What's also different here is that inactive sims will shop the racks and displays to relieve hunger and they actually get to eat the food they bought [...][/url]

That's perfect, igazor; thank you! I didn't realize Cupcake has been updated to have serving options and now makes NPCs eat (the latter is a major beef many players have with the bakery set). Now if only the next iteration of GoHere would come along--there are many venue ideas in my head waiting for it.

Top Secret Researcher
#6392 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 6:37 PM

Yeah, he'll answer to "Mac" too.
Theorist
#6393 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:10 PM
I'd kill for knowledge about how to disable music in Town View...
Instructor
#6394 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:29 PM
@Babahara

Anach's NoAnnoyingMusic (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=17647.0) removes music in several contexts. I don't recall exactly which ones, but it's worth a look. Open it with S3PE to see which situations are covered and delete the modded resources for music you'd rather keep

Top Secret Researcher
#6395 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:42 PM

Sometimes, when I go to town view, the music is so good I just don't want to go back. I just let it play and try and run my sim from Town View.

Steve Jablonsky did a great job on the Sims 3 music. I bought many of the Sims 3 music albums. Mind you, he does go off track, imho, when he did the rock version of the Sims 3 theme... but if you slap a saddle on Steve so he doesn't go off on his own, he can write good music.
Field Researcher
#6396 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:48 PM

Twoftmama has several Shut the Flock Up mods, including this one that stops annoying music (free TFM's Sims Asylum registration required to view and download).

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...d-june-29-2013/
Theorist
#6397 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Sometimes, when I go to town view, the music is so good I just don't want to go back. I just let it play and try and run my sim from Town View.

I run TS3 in a window and often switch to, say, watching movies while something is loading. As you can imagine, TS3 music IS annoying while you're trying to watch something else! And it's really loud.

So I'm definitely trying out the hacks ppl offer
Scholar
#6398 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 9:21 PM
Or you could, you know, pick to mute the music of TS3 in the options. It's what I do, so I can listen to LPs or other stuff while playing. (100 Baby challenge with children's music playing all the time? You will murder someone in the long run if you don't mute the music...)
#6399 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:16 PM
When I travel in World Adventures, I get a task to cook x meals for a restaurant in France. But whenever I put food in the fridge in home base, it vanishes after a few minutes! But if I put it in my inventory, it goes bad before I can make all 4 or 5 dishes! How can I remedy this? I really wish I could get them in one at a time...
Test Subject
#6400 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Sometimes, when I go to town view, the music is so good I just don't want to go back.

what i love is when i'm in town view and the build music from the original SimCity comes on! <3
Page 256 of 385