Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Changes to our credits guidelines - posted on 12th Feb 2017 at 5:44 PM
Replies: 3184 (Who?), Viewed: 94489 times.
Page 128 of 128
Scholar
#3176 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 8:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Wait, you're a business major and you don't think you need to know anything about personality types?

Oopsies I phrased that weirdly. Learning about the personality types wasn't a problem, I just didn't want to write two reports that wouldn't even get a grade
Instructor
#3177 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:48 PM
Yup. My computer is dead. I don't know what to do now. I want a computer I can play Sims on, but I also want a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 and I've been thinking about it for a while. It would be good to have a tablet-ish thing for studying this Summer. It's pretty expensive though, and definitely can't run Sims, so I would need something else as well. It's not because I don't have the money for buying something reasonable for both purposes, I just don't really feel like using that much money. It could suddenly be a lot. Ugh. (If anybody has any suggestions actually, I would be glad.)
Theorist
#3178 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 12:42 AM
FUCK ADOBE

$19.99 a month for a year. i'll just pick monthly program so i can cancel when i want.

a year it is.

The site is also designed for aliens but it moves like molasses. Confirmation pages and loading circles are everywhere or else it's a questionaire. I sign up, initiate the download and...
STUCK FOR 30 MIN AT 1%. They now have my money, I still have to find a workaround to their broken sh!t.
Forum Resident
#3179 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 6:07 AM
Oh good.

I love conveniently remembering that your one severely depressed friend who is often left home alone 4 days of the week has easy access to sleeping pills.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm screaming.

I don't know what to do. I doubt he's going to consider them anytime soon but dear fucking lord. If God is real, please, I pray he won't even touch them. Holy fucking shit.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Instructor
#3180 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 5:53 PM
It's been the plan to move to Copenhagen to study for the last two years or so, but my mum keeps going on and on about it being too far away and too big and that I should study somewhere else and it's just too much. I need a plan and I need to stick to it. I can't keep juggling all these suggestions and things to think about, I'm so bad at making decisions, and I finally made one and had a plan to follow and suddenly I just get all this thrown at me. I know she means well, I know she loves me and just wants what she thinks would be best for me. But I can't deal with this. I don't want to live with my parents anymore, but I'm also so scared of living on my own and doing a university educations.
And then just on top of all of that, there's the whole computer thing and I can't take a decision about that. I have no idea what to do.
Lab Assistant
#3181 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 7:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoosh Malooka
FUCK ADOBE

$19.99 a month for a year. i'll just pick monthly program so i can cancel when i want.

a year it is.

The site is also designed for aliens but it moves like molasses. Confirmation pages and loading circles are everywhere or else it's a questionaire. I sign up, initiate the download and...
STUCK FOR 30 MIN AT 1%. They now have my money, I still have to find a workaround to their broken sh!t.

Sounds like Origin!

Follow the lives of my TS3 sims and their growing integrated economy.
Inventor
#3182 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 4:30 PM
@RedSneakers, living alone seems scary from the other side, but once you've done it, it's really not that bad. The hardest part is making sure your bills are paid. Otherwise it's just making sure there's food in the cupboards, and the place is clean. at first there will be stuff you WILL forget about until you go to use it and find there is none, like shampoo, and dish soap, or worst case, toilet roll! but you get used to checking. There are more responsibilities, yes, but the freedom makes it totally worth it. Even if you have a lot of freedom at home, it's just not the same as having your own place. It's like taking a breath in the real world for the first time. Good luck man!

----

My mum's in hospital. Staph infection, heart complication, a clot, she's stable but this is all very serious. But she did this to herself.

I cut contact with her almost 2 years ago so I'm not going to see her, but I feel guilty about not going. I know she's scared and I know she asked my nan to tell me she's in hospital, i think she was hoping I'd visit. In my mind she's like a child that doesn't understand why everyone is mad at her, why the things she's done/doing are wrong. Like I can't even hate her for it, I pity her, but who wants to pity someone they're supposed to respect? It hurts.

I'm worried this could be it. I mean she's in her mid 40's. How many 50 year old heroin addicts do you know?
She doesn't even care, she can barely walk, but she actually left the hospital the other day to get some drugs then went back. If she doesn't care, why should I?

I hate feeling so heartless.
Scholar
#3183 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 6:54 AM
@RedSneakers Ya ma is probably just worried about you moving to another city. Don't sweat it and if you really want this, don't let it sway you.

I lived at home when I was at uni (pretty typical in Australia, we're quite centralised and universities are really only in major cities so unless you're coming from the countryside you stay at home because it's more affordable) and moved out on my own for my internship at a rural town. It's scary at first but humans adapt easily and in a couple of weeks you'll fall into a routine once everything is settled. And I honestly believe everyone should live on their own for at least a few months.When you get out of your comfort zone you learn a lot about yourself and you can see just how much you can do when push comes to shove. It's very liberating. On my own I taught my self how to maintain and care for a house, cook a lot more different types of food, garden, paying bills and balancing a budget, etc. Finally got my driver's license. You take pride in knowing what you can do on your own.

And my mum was a bit of the same. Sure, means well and I love her, but can be a little...OTT and sometimes suffocating so I was happy to move out. Nothing wrong with needing a break from family. I'll say though that living on your own can get lonely, but you'll be at university (and in a city?) so once you start meeting people you'll be fine.

Edit: Reread it, Copenhagen. Looks beautiful, capital city, big tourist place. You'll have plenty to do. Go for it, girl.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Top Secret Researcher
#3184 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 9:18 AM
Once again, I'm having a rough night. I hope I go to sleep for a month. Who knows? I might get the Sleeping Beauty treatment. But that might backfire and to top off the madness, I have cat hair in my mouth and it is fucking annoying to feel like you're the first human in GORK long to cough up a hairball. Sadly, my cat Gemini is forbidden to come in my bedroom.

Avatar: Jingjing the Black Ring Panda from Beijing 2008 Olympics.

"In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that, as far as we know, is hanging in space over Lake Michigan."
Ralphie as an adult, A Christmas Story
Forum Resident
#3185 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 10:23 AM
Oh good.

So now this "friend" of mine is trying to push me over the edge in an attempt to get me to kill myself.

How quaint.

Well, that shit doesn't work on me. And he can go fuck himself. And maybe one day, he'll see himself in a courthouse, if his crack addict ass makes it that long.

"I'm a different man now!" my fucking left asscheek. "I'm going to bible study now!" Yeah, and I'm the Queen of England. I hope he rots in hell, if it exists. But just in case it doesn't, he's going to get my own personalized take on it, for as long as it takes to get my friend out of his path of destruction. Payback's a bitch.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Page 128 of 128