Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 9:04 AM Last edited by ThatCrazyBanana : 26th Nov 2016 at 9:22 AM.
Default Is my computer strong enough as im not really a computer person?
Hiya, i was wondering whether you would be able to tell me if my computer is strong enough as i have a small bug on my 'Choose a town' or something similar. All of the drop down menues are empty and when i click on them it either comes up with an empty box, or a mini white screen (that i can get out of) and i have know idea whether its my computer or the sims 3 with a little bug for me as I have tried everything that could possibly fix it and have gone through all of the steps but it hasnt worked.
So yeah, i was wondering whether you could tell me if it was my computer or the sims 3, as if its the sims 3 i can go to the help for the game section, but if its my computer then i will try get a new one for christmas
Memory: 6144MB(RAM)
Processor AMD A10-6700 APU with rodeon(tm) HD graphics (4CPUs, ~3.7GHz
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 620
Operating Sytsem: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 11:36 PM
Your computer should be completely fine for the basegame and for a few of the earlier EPs, but the graphics card isn't really strong enough for all EPs, or for high poly CC/HQ mods.

That said, the weak graphics card may not be the cause of your problems - you might want to post in TS3 game help just in case someone knows how to fix the problem without upgrading.

If you do get a new computer, make sure it meets the Game Help:TS3 System Requirementswiki.

I will warn you - if you want a laptop which can comfortably play all EPs with CC, it's going to cost a lot. I would suggest going for an Intel processor with Iris graphics if you're on a budget, as it'll be a lot cheaper than getting a decent dedicated graphics card, but even then you're looking at over €1000 probably.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 12:09 PM
ok thank you very much!