Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 7:17 AM Last edited by dutch_1991 : 16th Aug 2011 at 5:21 AM.
Default The Art-Off! **Phase 2: 'Muse' - Open until August 29**
Yes, it's a friendly, harmless, fun and completely inspirational contest that sparked off of my conversation on #create with daluved1 and missroxor! Its purpose? Art is awesome and everyone should be inspired to embrace it.

'What is this about? How do I participate?'
This is to be a bi-weekly thing that runs FOREVER, open to absolutely everybody. New theme every 2 weeks. You don't have to participate in every theme if you decide to join. Rather, just drop in when you feel like it, or when you free. Y'know, the whole 'you can't force art' and all that jazz. :3

If you're interested in taking part, just drop a line saying you're in.

'How are my entries going to be assessed?'
In terms of judging... there's no judge. This is just an open-ended and friendly and constructively competitive little contest. Everybody will receive some feedback from everybody, appreciate and learn from others' art, and stuff.

Themes:

Phase 1:
Quote:
The first week's theme is 'Smug' and participants are supposed to draw/paint a self-portrait of them looking totally smug. (if you manage to create an over-sized bronze sculpture of your head, go right ahead! ) Deadline for these artworks is 12:00AM GMT Monday, August 15, and every participant will post their completed masterpieces in here.

Phase 2: 'Muse' Open until August 29
Quote:
Create an artwork, using whichever medium of your choice, that best represents your source of inspiration (can be someone, something, the band MUSE, etc.) When you post the artwork, some description to go along with it would be nice.

Let's do this!
Advertisement
The other one
#2 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 7:21 AM
weeeee...I'm really looking forward to this!! Haven't drawn or painted in more than a couple of years but suddenly I feel inspired and excited about doing it again Even bought some new pencils for the occassion...just have to set up the scanner D:

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Mother Function
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 4:04 AM
Me tooooo!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 10:37 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:11 AM
Absolutely. folks, do feel free to jump in! :D
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:31 AM
Default A smug Finn?
I wanted to take part too, and cause I am so awesome, I'm also being the first posting the picture!

Is a quick sketch, so don't shoot me!
Screenshots
Mother Function
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:36 AM Last edited by daluved1 : 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:54 AM.
Default Smug + Swag
My entry!

I haven't picked up an artist's pencil in about 2 years, so this was a serious challenge for me.

I kinda got lazy on the hair, but it's good enough!
Screenshots

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:41 AM
And this is mine! (ended up looking more creepy than smug, but eh)
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 9:31 AM
Ooh, I gotta start making mine too!
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 9:35 AM
I would like to join. I've actually never made a self potrait before, so I won't promise anything fantastic. (:

All of you are really good drawers! I love your expression, dutch 1991.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *Osa*
I would like to join. I've actually never made a self potrait before, so I won't promise anything fantastic. (:

All of you are really good drawers! I love your expression, dutch 1991.

JOIN US!!

Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
JOIN US!!

I will (: I'm already working on it!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 1:04 PM Last edited by Vampire_aninyosaloh : 2nd Aug 2011 at 1:51 PM.
I think I'm gonna give this a try ^^

Screenshots

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 10:55 AM
I foresee this becoming one of the most glorious threads. Ever. :'D
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:14 AM

Did that a while back for a class assignment, thought I'd throw it in here.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#16 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:43 AM
Raps that's awesome!

Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#17 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:01 PM
Wow, guys! You are all really good!

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
The other one
#18 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 12:40 AM
Gawd, I really struggled to get the smug look. I'm supposed to have one raised eyebrow and a crooked smile but, well...yeah :p

All these entires are looking awesome, I had no idea there was so many talented artists on MTS! Oh, and thanks Wally and Dal for coming up with this and inspiring me to take up art again :D

Mother Function
retired moderator
#19 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 1:38 AM
That's awesome Rox!!

Forum Resident
#20 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 3:08 AM
That awesome. Everyones entry is so good!

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 5:17 AM
Beautiful, miss! :'D

also. Should we have a feedback session on Monday where we comment on everyone else's entry thoroughly? Call it The Crit. i could provide a guideline for it if you guys don't mind the idea.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#22 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 10:47 AM
Awww on Moday I'll be in Marrakech D:

BTW, beautiful entries everyone :D

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#23 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:09 AM Last edited by morphead : 9th Aug 2011 at 10:33 AM.
OK, so I finished-ish my entry. It's not perfect, but to my liking so far. I was going to paint, but alas, I've seemed to have lost my conjuring abilities with no foreseeable return of them... Since this was a smug look I took some liberties and over-dramatized my appearance a little. But that's more an excuse since I haven't drawn in a couple years, lol. If I find time before Monday, I'll update it, but for now enjoy :p

OK, so I finished my entry. It's not perfect, but to my liking. I was going to paint, but decided to use colored pencils since I already pencil shaded it. Since this was a smug look, I took some liberties and over-dramatized my appearance a little. but that's more because I haven't drawn in so long and I'm not good to begin with, lol. I rushed to finish this last night and found out after posting it he gave us another week :/ Thanks Wally haha.

Gosh, his nose is large. And what a creepy eye too. This guy...

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 4:25 PM
Way to go K man :D

Also, first post updated. Now with Crit guideline and other shiny things.
The other one
#25 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 5:45 PM
Creepy eye, Gah!! nice Morph, love the cartooniness (is a word, right? lol). I completely forgot all about charicatures but will be fun to see more of them.

Page 1 of 2