Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 10:30 PM
Default Creating a tail in Milkshape?
Hello! I am hoping to make some tails for the sims 3, I was inspired from the animal kingdom accessory CC. It included a lot of tails that I truly adored. I'd like to make just tails, is there anything I need? Do I need the body of a sim in milkshape to put it on? I am also not sure on how to scale it so it's not HUGE ingame but not super tiny either.

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 12:03 PM
Creating a tail from scratch is actually simply but not in milkshape I guess, maybe you need so get another more professional meshing programm to make really cool stuff. You definetly need the male/female body mesh for the positioning. Depending on the category you wanna make (accessory or bottom cloth) you'll need to connect the tail with the body mesh. I would practise meshing and learn the program you use before starting a project. Saves your nerves Show us a screenshot of your current meshing process
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 5:51 PM
In Milkshape you could start with a long thin cylinder and taper it to a point at the end. Shouldn't be difficult.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 4:56 PM
As Cmar says, its UVmapped already so no difficulties there either.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 3:01 AM
How would one taper the cylinder? I can't seem to find a tutorial for sculpting a model in milkshape.

I go by the name Amaai

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 1:09 PM
Position the cylinder parallel to one of the axes, then use the scale tool and scale down one ring of vertices at a time.

There are quite a few tutorials on using Milkshape.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 7:50 PM
Tutorials all over, heres one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_iMWcVWIw
At 3:00 for the tail.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 5:13 AM
So I've been fiddling in MS for a bit, I think I got the shape of the tail I want down, it's just..smoothing it. See it looks good on one side but it's bad on the other, I can't seem to figure out what scale numbers would help/fix it

Help?
Screenshots

I go by the name Amaai

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP