Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 6:30 PM Last edited by FakeHouses|RealAwesome : 3rd Apr 2015 at 9:07 PM.
Default Misplaced furniture on lots since patch 1.5.139
See this exchange between jenba and jools-simming for an explanation of the issue and pictures. I've seen some other people talking about this recently as well; apparently it's been happening since the patch (perhaps something to do with the new lot-placing abilities?). Jools-simming says in the link that the misplaced furniture seems to happen when you place a lot on a new plot that's not facing the same direction as the original one it was built on—much of the furniture doesn't move with the buildings (furniture actually inside the building, by the way). Apparently this used to happen sometimes with "liberated" objects but now, after the patch, it's happening to regular catalog stuff as well.

I'll have to test it out for myself as well, as it could be something for builders to keep in mind.

Update: jools says that having MOO on is what causes the furniture to be misplaced; apparently you must turn it off before placing the lot. (pre-1.5.139 people were telling downloaders to have MOO on, as otherwise items placed with MOO sometimes disappeared )

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 6:12 AM
I'm glad you got that updated. I was going to reply that that's the case, about using moo (which is now mo, I guess). ;-) As long as you turn it OFF before placing your lot, you'll have no problem with the items you moved sticking, or with items moving when/where they're not supposed to move.