Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 9:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Sims 3 Launcher No Longer Recognizing Downloaded Items
I downloaded some CC this afternoon and was attempting to install it in the Launcher when the "downloads" section came up blank. No matter how many times I closed and refreshed the launcher, the CC (or any other content I've downloaded) did not show up. The CC I had downloaded previously remained in the "Installed Content" section, and I could select or deselect from there to my heart's content, but I could not find any trace of the CC I'd downloaded.

I uninstalled all of my CC--no luck; nothing showed up in the downloads.

I got rid of everything in the Launcher bin that wasn't " dcc.ent" or "missingdeps.idx." (There were a lot of ".dbc" and ".dbc.tmp" files from this afternoon. I have them in my recycle bin if I need to reinstall them.) Attempting to restart the launcher again resulted in no downloads to be seen, even though I have numerous Sims3Packs waiting to be installed!

I'm patched to the latest patch, and this has never happened to me before. How can I resolve this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knityouakingdom
I downloaded some CC this afternoon and was attempting to install it in the Launcher when the "downloads" section came up blank. No matter how many times I closed and refreshed the launcher, the CC (or any other content I've downloaded) did not show up. The CC I had downloaded previously remained in the "Installed Content" section, and I could select or deselect from there to my heart's content, but I could not find any trace of the CC I'd downloaded.

I uninstalled all of my CC--no luck; nothing showed up in the downloads.

I got rid of everything in the Launcher bin that wasn't " dcc.ent" or "missingdeps.idx." (There were a lot of ".dbc" and ".dbc.tmp" files from this afternoon. I have them in my recycle bin if I need to reinstall them.) Attempting to restart the launcher again resulted in no downloads to be seen, even though I have numerous Sims3Packs waiting to be installed!

I'm patched to the latest patch, and this has never happened to me before. How can I resolve this?

I just removed the "missingdeps.idx" file (placing it on my desktop) and tried relaunching the launcher. Again, the downloads file is blank despite the amount of content I know I've downloaded.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knityouakingdom
I just removed the "missingdeps.idx" file (placing it on my desktop) and tried relaunching the launcher. Again, the downloads file is blank despite the amount of content I know I've downloaded.

Removing all of the .bin items from my downloads folder to my desktop also did not help.